Everglade Race Holster

Slide4949

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hundreds of shooters have, including me.  I like it better than my Alpha-X and Race Master holsters.  I'll keep one of them for my CZ TS.  Everything else work perfectly in the Everglades.

Tip: if you shoot a heavy gun you WILL need the optional thigh pad.

Honest question - If someone has a 0.7 draw with a DAA, is there really much to be gained by switching to the MRH?  And I'm not saying I have a 0.7 draw, I'm just trying to gauge a measurable improvement.  Then deciding whether or not it's worth the money to switch.

10 minutes ago, clw42 said:

Honest question - If someone has a 0.7 draw with a DAA, is there really much to be gained by switching to the MRH?  And I'm not saying I have a 0.7 draw, I'm just trying to gauge a measurable improvement.  Then deciding whether or not it's worth the money to switch.

If you are happy with your DAA, keep it.  You are not going to pick up much time.  To give an example, I dry fire with an AMG timer that is sensitive enough to pick up the hammer fall.  For a surrender draw to a variable par time beep, I'm .05 to .1 seconds faster with the Everglades.  That's not enough to notice if you weren't timing yourself.  I can't tell whether it is the holster or the additional practice. 

The main reason I went to an Everglades was it worked with all my Open guns, including a custom 1911 Open for SCSA.  With both DAAs every time I wanted to shoot a different gun I'd have to change out blocks.  It got to be a PITA.

5 minutes ago, zzt said:

If you are happy with your DAA, keep it.  You are not going to pick up much time.  To give an example, I dry fire with an AMG timer that is sensitive enough to pick up the hammer fall.  For a surrender draw to a variable par time beep, I'm .05 to .1 seconds faster with the Everglades.  That's not enough to notice if you weren't timing yourself.  I can't tell whether it is the holster or the additional practice. 

The main reason I went to an Everglades was it worked with all my Open guns, including a custom 1911 Open for SCSA.  With both DAAs every time I wanted to shoot a different gun I'd have to change out blocks.  It got to be a PITA.

That makes perfect sense.  I also like the comments on the AMG timer.  That's something that interests me as well. 

1 hour ago, zzt said:

That is a big plus, that you don't have to switch out the blocks for every gun that is pretty close. I was going to us DAA but one 2011 has a sti grip and the other has a pt evo and it seemed I would have to have a different block for each.

1 hour ago, gnoyesiv said:

That is a big plus, that you don't have to switch out the blocks for every gun that is pretty close. I was going to us DAA but one 2011 has a sti grip and the other has a pt evo and it seemed I would have to have a different block for each.

You would, and even the new DAA Evo block has problems.  Same with the SVI steel block for Cheely e2.  I was fine with the DAAs when I had one set up for my CZ TS Limited gun and another for Open.  That was fine when all my Open guns had STI poly grips.  Then I started changing.  Now no two Open guns have the same grip, and the Everglades works with all of them.

Biggest thing I noticed was it was more stable for slapping my hand to the gun. For example, when you have hands touching something off to the side I noticed a much more consistent and confident grip. I sold my DAA and run the Everglades now. We usually have them available here at Shooters Connection too.

I couldn't stand how the Everglades presses into my leg compared to the alpha x that basically doesn't contact me. Trying to adjust it to make it work since I like how the Everglades holds the gun, but can't get it comfortable. 

If only I could put the Everglades holster on the alpha x hanger!

14 minutes ago, rishii said:

Question for the guys that run one, how adjustable is the holster for different trigger guards, the description show for both plastic and metal 2011, anyone tried it with a caspian high cap?

The holster is not adjustable for trigger guard fit.  Rounded trigger guards will not work.  Square ones do.  My 1911 JEM Guns frame has a square trigger guard and it work fine.  I'm pretty sure the Caspian HiCap would as well.  However, it's worth a phone call to ask.

On 10/11/2019 at 7:28 AM, SSGJohnV said:

Biggest thing I noticed was it was more stable for slapping my hand to the gun. For example, when you have hands touching something off to the side I noticed a much more consistent and confident grip. I sold my DAA and run the Everglades now. We usually have them available here at Shooters Connection too.

on SC website to order. Are they rt. or lt. hand specific?

23 minutes ago, 2c5s said:

Correct, SC website doesn't give a choice when ordering.

The left hand version is quite new.  SC evidently doesn't have them yet.  If you are a lefty, order it from Everglades, or ask SC to get you one.

2 minutes ago, zzt said:

The left hand version is quite new.  SC evidently doesn't have them yet.  If you are a lefty, order it from Everglades, or ask SC to get you one.

Will do, was just wondering if I was missing something. Thx

On 10/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, rishii said:

Question for the guys that run one, how adjustable is the holster for different trigger guards, the description show for both plastic and metal 2011, anyone tried it with a caspian high cap?

they do not work with Caspian Hi Cap frames the trigger guard is too small, I tried mine in my friends holster and it was very very loose, I don't remember if it would fall out when locked but it was not even close to being something that was even close enough to working to try and modify it to work.