Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

max number shots from a single vew

fishhunter3

shot a match this weekend and 1 stage had 14 shots from a single opening, some one brought up that this was an illegal stage, I'm thinking this had changed in the last rulebook,  and I can no longer find the rule any longer,   Did this rule get tossed? 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Nope, it still there. Go  look at 1.2.1 😉

1.2.1General Courses of Fire

1.2.1.1 Short CoursesMust not require more than 12 rounds to complete and no more than 2 shooting locations. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1.2.1.2 Medium CoursesMust not require more than 20 rounds to complete and no more than 3 shooting locations. Course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1.2.1.3 Long CoursesIn Level III or higher matches must not require more than 32 rounds to complete. At any level match, course design and construction must not require more than 8 scoring hits from any single location or view, nor allow a competitor to shoot all targets in the course of fire from any single location or view.

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

note that you can easily build a legal stage where the best plan is to take 14 shots from a single position. It's only a problem if you *have* to take them from 1 position, and the same targets aren't available from somewhere else.

It's a problem if either:

1. You must take them from a single location, or;

2. You can take them all from a single location 

Edited to add the I'm sure motosapiens knows that...he was describing a different situation where you might want to take 14 shots from a single spot (and the stage has more than 14 shots).

Edited by driver8M3

its very often that taking more than 8 is a good idea even if not required. 

also view vs positions gets a little messy, I regularly see stages where you must take more than 8 shots from a view but you may have the option to be in different positions to do so. 

21 hours ago, Sdlrodeo said:

So my question for the OP would be:

could you shoot those targets from a different position? Or were they only available from that one spot?

The stage is from the go fast don't suck postal match stage 2,  there are 4 full size target that require 3 shoots each and 2 full size poppers.  and the way it was setup all had to be shot from the center port,   

11 minutes ago, fishhunter3 said:

The stage is from the go fast don't suck postal match stage 2,  there are 4 full size target that require 3 shoots each and 2 full size poppers.  and the way it was setup all had to be shot from the center port,   

Where did you shoot the postal match?

When I shot it, all of those targets were available from more than one location. I didn’t shoot anything from the center port at all. 

47 minutes ago, fishhunter3 said:

Ok. Were they visible from other than the port even if not the best plan?

do you have a link to the match book?

Edited by Sdlrodeo

39 minutes ago, driver8M3 said:

And this is the exact problem with postal matches. Take a look at these 2 videos and tell me if this stage was set up the same in both of them.

damn. what a controversy. the winner will probably have to return the Ford Raptor he got for taking first place now.

10 minutes ago, fishhunter3 said:

ours must have been set up wrong you couldn't see the back two targets or poppers from around corners 

It's likely all your classifier scores are invalid too if your club did this. I've already dispatched an email to Foley and an investigation will be enacted regarding all scores issued at your club.