Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

max number shots from a single vew

fishhunter3

29 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

I shot a GFDS match this weekend. I was able to shoot the entire stage from the center. The 2 targets on the outside of the walls you could only get a small part of the A zone.(I got Cs) 

Definitely set up wrong. The targets far left and far right along the walls up range should have been blocked from view. It’s likely those targets weren’t aligned with he back of wall or tucked close enough to wall.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Kokeman said:

I shot a GFDS match this weekend. I was able to shoot the entire stage from the center. The 2 targets on the outside of the walls you could only get a small part of the A zone.(I got Cs) 

ILLEGAL STAGE

Edited by Sarge

6 hours ago, waktasz said:

Sarge, it's the Go Fast Don't Suck Postal match. The match this entire thread is about. 

It helps when clubs set the stages up correctly

Yeah, I eventually figured that out. Stage consistency is an age old problem with postal matches.

4 hours ago, Sarge said:

Yeah, I eventually figured that out. Stage consistency is an age old problem with postal matches.

truth. Our club set up the GFDS match again this week for some reason. The stage in question with 3 shots per target ended up with a slightly different presentation this time.

As long as people don't get too hung up on the national results I think the postal matches could take off. NRL22 does this every month and people seem to be happy. For clubs without creative stage designers it seems like a great idea to have a new set for each month. I don't want to use the same ones every month, but I suck at designing stages so this might make things easier. Especially if there is a standardized build list so clubs know exactly how many and what type of props they need.

We shoot the postal match in ICORE every year. Just did this year's last weekend. The hassle is in set-up, sort of like setting up five classifiers. It helps if you have more than one set of tape measures and a couple colors of paint to mark the stands.