Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 steel grips

Drbruce

2 hours ago, Aggieddad02 said:

That is one beautiful setup.  Shay and the Crew at ACG build some incredible guns, just ask me how I know :) 

Oh yeah forsure! This is my second akai now and They get better each time

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fondled them all over the past year and the LSI outlaw felt the best to me. The fact that Glenn cuts them to your frame dimensions is a really nice bonus. I installed mine yesterday expecting to do some minor fitting but it slid right on with ZERO play. Only problem is that it makes the rest of my gun look like poo. 856a638120eba159ca8a2d1f1ad35047.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MJinPA said:

I fondled them all over the past year and the LSI outlaw felt the best to me. The fact that Glenn cuts them to your frame dimensions is a really nice bonus. I installed mine yesterday expecting to do some minor fitting but it slid right on with ZERO play. Only problem is that it makes the rest of my gun look like poo. 856a638120eba159ca8a2d1f1ad35047.jpg

Getting a grip cut to your frame dimensions is most definitely a plus. Glenn, being a builder, knows the ins and outs of having to fit a grip to a frame. Gun looks Great !

2 hours ago, MJinPA said:

I’ve owned all the other options besides cheely e2. I agree the out law feels great in the hand. Not too much bite but still plenty to hang on to.

If I were to start over I’d probably go cheely. The cheely e2 looks great and ergonomic. If I didn’t want all my guns to feel the same I’d be buying cheely e2 for future builds due to the fact that you can buy his frame and mate up perfectly and a magwell is included so the cost is the most efficient.

That being said now that I have an outlaw, just to keep the feel the same across multiple different guns I’ll stick to the outlaw. 

E2 or outlaw are top choice imo for current available options. they’re all great really. Just feel preference differences. 

They do require fitting and they are a huge upgrade if you can swing the cash. I have the evo2 and love how aggressive it is. BUT if I had to chose the SV aggressive grip is 1000 times better in my opinion. Mostly because their mag releases is PERFECT. Wish I could fit one to the evo. 

They do require fitting and they are a huge upgrade if you can swing the cash. I have the evo2 and love how aggressive it is. BUT if I had to chose the SV aggressive grip is 1000 times better in my opinion. Mostly because their mag releases is PERFECT. Wish I could fit one to the evo. 

Why can’t you fit one to the EVO?

Has anyone been in contact with Glenn from LSI?   I called and talked to him a couple weeks ago about having a grip done with some other work, and he asked me to wait until the following week to get back to him, but since, I have been unable to get in touch.  Really looking forward to getting the LSI Outlaw for my STI.  

Has anyone been in contact with Glenn from LSI?   I called and talked to him a couple weeks ago about having a grip done with some other work, and he asked me to wait until the following week to get back to him, but since, I have been unable to get in touch.  Really looking forward to getting the LSI Outlaw for my STI.  

I just talked to him last week when I got my grip. Have you tried calling him? He mentioned that he got a bit backed up because of his daughter’s wedding but it nearly caught up now that’s it’s over.

[mention=68603]Lucreau[/mention]that there is pimp-a-liscous[emoji12].  Wish I had one [emoji26]

Anyone know if LSI has resumed taking orders on grips?  Think I need to throw my name in the hat and pick one up.

I didn’t know he ever stopped. Got mine a couple weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a PT Evo Agressive grip right now.  Ran it this past season. I don't live fire enough to build up a callous on my support hand palm.  It gets scratched raw after about 250 rounds.

Anyone have experience with the standard/non-aggressive grip to compare?  Or would you just sand down the aggressive grip in that one area?

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 3:21 PM, IronicTwitch said:

I've got a PT Evo Agressive grip right now.  Ran it this past season. I don't live fire enough to build up a callous on my support hand palm.  It gets scratched raw after about 250 rounds.

Anyone have experience with the standard/non-aggressive grip to compare?  Or would you just sand down the aggressive grip in that one area?

Same here, by the end of the week after 10 mins/day dry firing 3 out of 5 fingers need band aids.

On 11/14/2019 at 3:21 PM, IronicTwitch said:

I had the infinity standard grip, while you get the weight benefit, the grip seemed slippery to me when hands get sweaty and was all over in the rain. Switched to their aggressive grip on the next build which I thought was much better for staying put in your hand. The standard won't cut your hand, but if your hands sweat, might move around a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Regarding a SS Grip with an aggressive texture; if it is a little too aggressive, would the best process be to run a very light file stroke around the entirety of the grip, or would a coarse  of fine sandpaper be better?   I'm not looking to remove the aggressive texture, just knock a very little bit of the bite off as it causes some pretty good hot spots even just during dry fire.  It will also be sent out for Black Nitride coating shortly.  Thanks.

On 11/14/2019 at 4:21 PM, IronicTwitch said:

While it won't look the best, you might consider just adding some 3M stair grip tape around it to make it more comfortable. That's my backup plan if the steel grip is too aggressive for me. Won't look the greatest, but probably much more comfortable. It also should protect against the grip from getting too hot/cold in summer/winter.

Edited by avastcosmicarena