Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Tron

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shooting as fast as max will take a lot of rounds and experience but I will definitely embrace the journey.

Johnny built this Tron for Keith Garcia and he never claimed it. So it stayed in a local gun store here in Vegas and I had to trade, sell, etc a few guns just to get it! Im very pleased with it!

I got Keith to thank for!

11 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

Shooting as fast as max will take a lot of rounds and experience but I will definitely embrace the journey.

Johnny built this Tron for Keith Garcia and he never claimed it. So it stayed in a local gun store here in Vegas and I had to trade, sell, etc a few guns just to get it! Im very pleased with it!

I got Keith to thank for!

Pretty sure Keith won this Tron at the UML match in Fallon back in June. 

I got to handle it and yes, it's definitely a sexy gun. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how it shoots, compared to your MBX.

The story is all kinds of mixed up. The gun store told me it was built for him, Aj from limcats said something similar. What matters to me is that I have it now. Lol

A few pros and cons compared to the mbx. One, the mags are a pro. All steel and they cost almost half the price of a glock 33 rounder.

A con would be the price to most people as it is probably the most expensive brand new. But i only paid a third of that due to the sell and trades. The mbx was ready to go out of the box at 1400.00.

The tron feels a little bit heavier but this might also be contributing to the 1 inch groupings from 20 yards. 

Quality of the tron put my mbx to shame. And heres the thing, the mbx is a decent pcc. They outsource their products and put them together. But, mass produced over custom made will always have its disadvantages. One example was my handguard would misalign after a few shots. I ended up emailing MBX about it and they were more than willing to fix it. I kept it and changed it out because I did not have time to be pccless with a busy shooting schedule.

Lastly, the looks. Its obviously an eyecatcher. And those who truly know about the tron will always associate It with Max. I shoot nowhere near Max's bad day but Im definitely pushing harder now that Im seeing some progress. 

Ill be doing a review soon enough like how I did with my MBX!

9 hours ago, Bwillis said:

Congrats looks awesome.. good luck on your journey, Izzy looked nervous in that video you must be getting close to beating him!!

Not at all! I think he was just surprised that I showed progress each time. I was shocked too. I didnt know I could shoot fast like that.

3 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

I think yours looks even cooler than mine 😄

What do you think of the CMC 9mm PCC trigger so far?

Haha, thanks man.

So when I opened it up, I was surprised to find the Timney Pcc trigger in it. I am definitely going back to hiperfire. While I was breaking her in and getting to know it, I felt a lot of trigger freeze. Not sure what that was about. 

I know you had issues with the blitzkrieg buffer, are you still using it? 

Cant wait take a class soon!

This is the video Bwillis was talking about. Its all in the reaction. Ive been meaning to take a formal class but something always pops up. For example, TPC was hosting a pcc course in Vegas but the military sent me to Arizona for a little bit.

Im now considering driving up to St George for a private course when I get back. Anyone else know of any other awesome instructors for PCC? 

Im temprorarily in Tucson for a month and have been considering Nick Saiti for some training. He is in Pheonix and I brought my tron with me. Anyone heard of hin and his "secret weapon training"?

11 hours ago, Jcgatus said:

This is the video Bwillis was talking about. Its all in the reaction. Ive been meaning to take a formal class but something always pops up. For example, TPC was hosting a pcc course in Vegas but the military sent me to Arizona for a little bit.

Im now considering driving up to St George for a private course when I get back. Anyone else know of any other awesome instructors for PCC? 

Im temprorarily in Tucson for a month and have been considering Nick Saiti for some training. He is in Pheonix and I brought my tron with me. Anyone heard of hin and his "secret weapon training"?

I personally know Nick and have both shot with and been trained by him.  He is not only a stunningly good shooter (eight division GM), but more importantly he has great teaching skills.  Not every GM does.  Doesn't hurt that you won't find a nicer guy at the range.  Absolutely train with him if you can.  

39 minutes ago, Neomet said:

I personally know Nick and have both shot with and been trained by him.  He is not only a stunningly good shooter (eight division GM), but more importantly he has great teaching skills.  Not every GM does.  Doesn't hurt that you won't find a nicer guy at the range.  Absolutely train with him if you can.  

Do you have a better contact for him? I tried to email the secret weapon training but I have not gotten a response. Please pm me if you do

On 8/21/2019 at 9:55 PM, Jcgatus said:

I took a carbine/PCC class with TPC last September that ended up as a 3-day private with Maxamundi himself. Absolutely amazing time with him, and couldn’t imagine a better instructor for the rifle platform. I ended up shooting something like 2,000+ rounds between 9mm and .223, and he taught me an absurd amount of fundamentals and how to train on the platform. I still review my notes from that weekend, and my PCC and rifle shooting has progressed exponentially since then. If you’re serious about the platform, Max has to be at the top of the list for a class. 

On 8/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, Neomet said:

Here is his direct email.  Nick@secretweapontraining.com

One of my highlights of this year so far. Got to do a personal session with Nick of Secret Weapon Training. Aside from the fact that he is one of the few 8 Division GMs in the sports, his teaching style was phenomenal.. I was honored to pick his brain that possessed 20 years worth of shooting.

I took away so much from this session that I was blown away. He broke my fundamentals down from my draw to my stance. And I thought I knew a lot until he showed me where I was lacking..but he showed me how I can get there by observing the analytics.

I never trained and practiced by reading data, I always went off how I felt. "That draw felt slow. The transitions was slow..." But your time says otherwise. And this is evident when you watch your timer.

One of the highlights was one drill we did. We were trying to get my draw and 1shot under a second. With both eyes open, I would clock in a 1.2 ish. It was pretty frustrating. Fast forward after Nick's instruction. I shot a .97 first shot into upper body a zone...... With eyes closed. Mind blown.

Overall, I highly recommend Nick as he taylors the session towards your weaknesses. I sent him videos of some matches prior to the course and he goes from there. Now time to do the homework!

CYMERA_20190825_144813.jpg

On 8/22/2019 at 11:02 PM, mtruong said:

I took a carbine/PCC class with TPC last September that ended up as a 3-day private with Maxamundi himself. Absolutely amazing time with him, and couldn’t imagine a better instructor for the rifle platform. I ended up shooting something like 2,000+ rounds between 9mm and .223, and he taught me an absurd amount of fundamentals and how to train on the platform. I still review my notes from that weekend, and my PCC and rifle shooting has progressed exponentially since then. If you’re serious about the platform, Max has to be at the top of the list for a class. 

im currently in the process of taking a training session with him. He is a busy man to track and book but i know he will be worth it!

On 8/25/2019 at 9:48 PM, Jcgatus said:

One of my highlights of this year so far. Got to do a personal session with Nick of Secret Weapon Training. Aside from the fact that he is one of the few 8 Division GMs in the sports, his teaching style was phenomenal.. I was honored to pick his brain that possessed 20 years worth of shooting.

I took away so much from this session that I was blown away. He broke my fundamentals down from my draw to my stance. And I thought I knew a lot until he showed me where I was lacking..but he showed me how I can get there by observing the analytics.

I never trained and practiced by reading data, I always went off how I felt. "That draw felt slow. The transitions was slow..." But your time says otherwise. And this is evident when you watch your timer.

One of the highlights was one drill we did. We were trying to get my draw and 1shot under a second. With both eyes open, I would clock in a 1.2 ish. It was pretty frustrating. Fast forward after Nick's instruction. I shot a .97 first shot into upper body a zone...... With eyes closed. Mind blown.

Overall, I highly recommend Nick as he taylors the session towards your weaknesses. I sent him videos of some matches prior to the course and he goes from there. Now time to do the homework!

CYMERA_20190825_144813.jpg

Outstanding!!

On 8/22/2019 at 12:47 AM, Jcgatus said:

While I was breaking her in and getting to know it, I felt a lot of trigger freeze. Not sure what that was about.

Wait, am I not insane in my recent issues of trigger freeze with my CMC thinking it was only mental? Not to hijack thread or change directions but I've noticed some lately but have had zero issues otherwise.

Edit: just realized you meant this on Timney...did the good ol'read and reply without reading whole post 😛

Edited by mellino19