Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EGW or Koenig hammer?

vgdvc

Hello. I was about to order another EGW lightened hammer to fit with an EGW sear in my STI but then saw the Koenig Shooting Sports  lightened hammer. Has anyone had experience with both for comparison? Thanks.

EGW makes them both.  The EGW is 0.1gr heavier than the Koenig.  The EGW is always in stock; the Koenig not so much.  I have both and honestly cannot discern any functional difference between them.

Edited by zzt

57 minutes ago, ltdmstr said:

I like the EGW hammer, but I've had three break at the spur over the past five years or so.  They do replace them for free, but it's still a hassle.

EGW hammer.jpg

IMG_3249.JPG

Did EGW give any insight as to why this happened..... repeatedly? Did you have failures on the same or multiple guns?

2 hours ago, zzt said:

EGW makes them both.  The EGW is 0.1gr heavier than the Koenig.  The EGW is always in stock; the Koenig not so much.  I have both and honestly cannot discern any functional difference between them.

I have both too and can’t tell the difference between them. 

They’re both great. Only real difference I’ve noticed is the tuning-fork ring with every shot you get with the Koenig! Also, I assume Doug gets some small consideration for the use of his name on the hammer. That might explain the price difference?

13 hours ago, cheers623 said:

They’re both great. Only real difference I’ve noticed is the tuning-fork ring with every shot you get with the Koenig! Also, I assume Doug gets some small consideration for the use of his name on the hammer. That might explain the price difference?

I noticed that sound.  It definitely sounds different than any other hammer but you only really hear it during dry fire or when you hammer down on an empty chamber.