Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 mag questions?

tha1000

1 hour ago, lacivilian said:

I would not use any Magpul mags in a carry gun or for match use. I have had plenty of magazine related malfunctions when using Magpul magazines. 

Really? That’s literally the first bad thing I’ve ever heard about any magpul mags

27 minutes ago, HCH said:

Really? That’s literally the first bad thing I’ve ever heard about any magpul mags

I've heard mixed reviews about the magpul glock mags. They're not crazy expensive though, so would probably be worth getting one or two to see if you have any issues. Maybe same with the ETS ones.

I've heard mixed reviews as well, which is really the genesis of this thread.  If i hadnt heard any bad about them, I'd probably have just saved some bux and bought a 10 pack of magpuls for $100.

1 hour ago, Barcode1337 said:

I've heard mixed reviews about the magpul glock mags. They're not crazy expensive though, so would probably be worth getting one or two to see if you have any issues. Maybe same with the ETS ones.

Ive been using pmags quite a bit and they haven’t let me down. I don’t recall ever seeing one malfunction. I can’t say the same about ETS, but they do stand behind their products. 

1 hour ago, HCH said:

Ive been using pmags quite a bit and they haven’t let me down. I don’t recall ever seeing one malfunction. I can’t say the same about ETS, but they do stand behind their products. 

I had 3 ets mags at one point in time.  I broke all of them.  

5 hours ago, lacivilian said:

They should stick to AR mags. If you shoot as much as I do they fail to work after a couple months. 

May be, but I’ve used 3 of their 140’s for nearly two years and haven’t had any problems whatsoever. 

I do clean all my mags that hit the ground though. 

13 hours ago, tha1000 said:

My 140’s are tti

Then you should definitely check them. 

TTI makes more than a couple 140 extensions that need kissed with a belt sander to fit in the gauge... as some guys find out the hard way.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

23 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Who has the best prices on g17 mags?  And are the  magpul version worth looking at?

To answer the OP's questions. 

I've not found anyone that sells the OEM mags for less than most places. Meaning, $25 is about the best I've seen. Except for specials. 

I've never used the magpuls so can't comment. I have used ETS with better luck. I've beat the crap out of them too. Saying that, I will never use them in a match. They seem to swell and sometimes will not drop free. OEM mags are not expensive IMO. Saving a couple of bucks on magpuls or ETS isn't worth it. 

Edited by B_RAD

9 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

To answer the OP's questions. 

I've not found anyone that sells the OEM mags for less than most places. Meaning, $25 is about the best I've seen. Except for specials. 

I've never used the magpuls so can't comment. I have used ETS with better luck. I've beat the crap out of them too. Saying that, I will never use them in a match. They seem to swell and sometimes will not drop free. OEM mags are not expensive IMO. Saving a couple of bucks on magpuls or ETS isn't worth it. 

Cool. Primary arms had them on sale for 19.99 a pop. Guess I did ok. 

17 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Then you should definitely check them. 

TTI makes more than a couple 140 extensions that need kissed with a belt sander to fit in the gauge... as some guys find out the hard way.

Nice. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a gauge in real life. 

10 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

Nice. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a gauge in real life. 

Same here. I don’t shoot majors so my TTI +5s on my Walther mags don’t concern me. If I sign up for a major, I’ll spend the $20ish on a gauge to see if the heel of the extension needs sanded down half a millimeter.

Just wanted that info out there.

Edited by MemphisMechanic