Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 17 mag questions?

tha1000

On 8/5/2019 at 6:59 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Same here. I don’t shoot majors so my TTI +5s on my Walther mags don’t concern me. If I sign up for a major, I’ll spend the $20ish on a gauge to see if the heel of the extension needs sanded down half a millimeter.

Just wanted that info out there.

Wait...  You shoot a Q5 and it's not because of the contingency money?

44 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

Wait...  You shoot a Q5 and it's not because of the contingency money?

😂😂😂

I like the gun. Mine’s not even steel.

Sold a decked out Tanfoglio to go back to Polymer, and it was either Glocks or Walthers. Walthers have better ergos for a lefty, and triggers. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Just now, tha1000 said:

I wanted to like it, but the grip is just too short for my squatch hands..

Fits me great. I have long fingers but slender non-meaty hands. The finger grooves and grip contour do a great job of driving my hand up high into the tang, and it’s just long enough I never have problems with reloads.

That said, I agree it’s short and if they’d made it G16/34 length instead of G19 length a lot more guys would shoot it.

6 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Fits me great. I have long fingers but slender non-meaty hands. The finger grooves and grip contour do a great job of driving my hand up high into the tang, and it’s just long enough I never have problems with reloads.

That said, I agree it’s short and if they’d made it G16/34 length instead of G19 length a lot more guys would shoot it.

I tried it and the Caniks before buying glocks.  I like everything about them except having half an inch of hand meat hanging below the bottom of the magwell.  It would eventually get painful.

• 3 months later...