Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Your Favorite Ice Cream

My mistress knows good ice cream. I kinda like the vegetable flavored ice-cream that tastes like the algae my Galapagos cousins eat off the rocks at the seashore. Mmmmm... Sprinkle with a few insects... Mmmm...

Verrrry slow-acting poison, no doubt.

Chocolate is, in fact, poisonous.... ;) Our metabolisms generally eliminate it quickly enough that it doesn't build to toxic levels, though. Theoretically, one could eat enough raw chocolate to at least get pretty sick... Dogs, on the other hand, have slow metabolisms and can have a toxic build up - thus why they tell you not to feed dogs chocolate (any cocoa based chocolate, anyhow - white chocolate is ok, if bad for them from a sugar perspective...). That said - one of my mother-in-law's miniature dachshunds (weighed about 15 pounds) ate a pound of milk chocolate at one point and only got a bellyache for her trouble, so... if it had been dark chocolate, probably would have been nasty...

Chocolate is the best out of the box, but there are some wonderful things to be done with Vanilla. My favorite from the store is Baskin Robins Gold Medal Ribbon. It is a mix of Chocolate and Vanilla with a ribbon of Carmel running between the other flavors. Rats, now I've got to go find a Baskin Robbins.

Later, Steve

There used to be a store brand ice cream available at the local grocer, Tom Thumb (aka Safeway, Randall's, etc), called Cafe Viennese. It was coffee ice cream with hazelnut and cinnamon swirls and pieces of chocolate. For some reason, it's no longer available.... :( Of course my waist line is probably the better off for it... I really miss it though!

Ben & Jerry is listed as being anti-gun so anything they make can stay in the freezer.

For those times when it is not acceptable to put ice cream in your pocket there is an alternative.

Baskin Robbins brand candy from Dr Soda Candy in California. For those that need sugar free try Wally World in the sugar free bag section. :D