Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is a 4th mag pouch on CO futile?

balmo

Should be.  I used the 3rd for my barney, and 4th for my start mag.  This gives me 23+1, +19, +19, +18.  Plenty, unless it's multi string classifier with reloads, then I just need mags. 

i usually either wore my production belt that had 5 on it, or used a belt set up with just two pouches. start mag in pocket with 23 in it and two on the belt with 22 in each.

I have never needed more than 3x23 mags.

Usually I don’t barney up, just grab the rear mag and start with 22+1 unless I am going to push past 20.

Usually I work with two 23rd extended Walther PPQ mags, and a third standard-capacity sits unused on my belt in the center pouch that holds the standard for emergencies (dropped reload mag, etc.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

You only need 2 but I always run three. In case there’s a jam , Dropped Mag, or something happens where one gets knocked out when I grab the other. I run my third one a little bit further back to keep it safe.

It’s one of those better to have it and not need it type of things. I shoot SS major and I have no problem knowing I have 3-4 unused mags still on my belt. If you wanna be that guy you’ve seen run out of ammo during a stage then so be it.

I run 4 on both my open and CO rigs. I start with the 4th mag. I like to have a back up mag incase one falls out while running or gets caught on a wall. Plus if you fumble a reload this will leave you with one extra mag just Incase.

I ran 3 for CO and I only had 20+1 the way my mags were set up. 

I did barney off of a 4th mag from my pocket and then load the 3rd mag.

I always try to have the mags I actually need plus one extra. So the mag in the gun plus a reload plus my extra pouch (pulling the start mag from the 3rd pouch), or 3 mags on the belt for an unloaded start.