Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vortex Customer Service Blows Me Away

mreed911

Short version: I bought a Vortex Viper on sale for Black Friday, but its host gun didn't come in until last week.  I got it mounted, zeroed, etc. but just didn't *like* it as much as I like my Venom on another gun, plus the buttons on the side wouldn't fit my current holster setup.  I emailed Vortex to see if they'd swap it - clearly stating I wasn't one of those "unhappy customers" and would resolve the issue on my own if not - and they said yes.

Let's be clear - nothing wrong with the optic itself - and a problem that was completely mine - but they're going out of their way to make sure I'm a happy customer.

It worked.  I've just ordered another Venom so I'm running the same setup on primary and backup guns + my steel challenge rimfire.

On 3/20/2019 at 6:03 AM, bimmer1980 said:

why do you like the venom more ?

Buttons more flush with side, top-loading battery, slightly wider field of view, no "adjustment lock screws" that are blocked by the rear sight (requiring removal for adjustment).

18 minutes ago, Ltoo said:

I have read that some have problems getting the battery cap back on the Venoms. What is your experience? 

I am interested in either the Venom or Viper or Burris Fastfire III.

Never had a problem.  Nothing wrong with the FF3, but I'm running Venoms on my CO, CO backup and Steel Challenge rimfire pistols now.  6 MOA for CO, 3 MOA for SC.

Where I think people mess up are using the wrong battery (too thick) or not applying downward pressure - there's an o-ring inside the cap that needs slight compression for it to screw on.  That, and making sure it's flush with the threads when you seat it.  Like I said, never had a problem with mine.

That's what I needed to know, thank you. I am kind of surprised by your moa choices, I would have probably gone the opposite (3 moa for CO, 6 moa for steel) but this is only based on what I have read. Will the 3 wash out in bright sunlight?

7 hours ago, Ltoo said:

That's what I needed to know, thank you. I am kind of surprised by your moa choices, I would have probably gone the opposite (3 moa for CO, 6 moa for steel) but this is only based on what I have read. Will the 3 wash out in bright sunlight?

It's more than bright enough.  For steel challenge, without movement, the 3 MOA is easier to place on steel at a distance.  For CO, the 6 MOA is easier to place on the A zone on the move.  For a PCC I might choose the 3 MOA.

2 hours ago, Ltoo said:

Thanks again. Funny aside, the title of your thread "Vortex Customer Service Blows Me Away" appears in the window tab on the top as "Vortex Customer Service Blows".

:roflol:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to drink the vortex kool aid. Getting a Viper HST rifle scope this week and possibly a 6moa Venom red dot in the future for Steel Challenge. I've always been impressed with their products the few times I've demoed them and handled them. I'm glad they have a great warranty/customer service... but it seems like people use their warranty a lot lol.... I don't want something to break when I need it.

TL:DR- Is Vortex CS/Warranty so popular because people have to use it all the time??

• 4 months later...

Vortex is in Southern Wisconsin not far from where I live in Illinois.  I needed a couple of screws

for a Venom (I had misplaced them) and tried to buy them.  But, they would have no part in

selling them to me.  They replaced them at no cost to me and I had them in about 3-4 days.

Great people, great product, great service......

• 2 months later...

I bought a PST a while ago and was very impressed when I called them up for a question and a actual person answered. Also I emailed them prior to getting this scope and someone actually emailed me back! I’m my experience, this NEVER happens!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm about to drink the vortex kool aid. Getting a Viper HST rifle scope this week and possibly a 6moa Venom red dot in the future for Steel Challenge. I've always been impressed with their products the few times I've demoed them and handled them. I'm glad they have a great warranty/customer service... but it seems like people use their warranty a lot lol.... I don't want something to break when I need it.

TL:DR- Is Vortex CS/Warranty so popular because people have to use it all the time??

It is used a lot because they have a ton out there and most are purchased by people using them hard. It’s probably the most used scope in 3gun and it picked Schmidt and Benders pocket to become the most used scope for PRS.

You also hear about a bunch of warranty work that people wouldn’t normally be able to warranty from other companies such as dropping a rifle on the scope, backing a truck over the rifle, or over torquing rings and bending a tube.

I have 4 scopes from their PST line, 2 Razors, a sparc, viper HD bino’s, and a razor spotting scope. All serve their intended purpose and all have been solid.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/10/2019 at 2:21 PM, 1time said:

It is used a lot because they have a ton out there and most are purchased by people using them hard. It’s probably the most used scope in 3gun and it picked Schmidt and Benders pocket to become the most used scope for PRS.

You also hear about a bunch of warranty work that people wouldn’t normally be able to warranty from other companies such as dropping a rifle on the scope, backing a truck over the rifle, or over torquing rings and bending a tube.

I have 4 scopes from their PST line, 2 Razors, a sparc, viper HD bino’s, and a razor spotting scope. All serve their intended purpose and all have been solid.

I just returned from a week long trip of hunting in the rockies. I was carrying the HST on my R700 and was very impressed with the scope in the conditions. Treacherous hiking in the snow and the rifle took a few light falls with me. Held up great and never lost zero. My cousin hunting with us had the Viper binos, now I want a pair haha. 

Good point about the warranty, it gets utilized often because of how unlimited it is. All I know is that vortex will be where I look first for optics in the future after my time behind the HST.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Had some older red dots that i sent back due to problems i had with them not functioning properly. They replaced them with new ones without asking. Took just over a week for the whole process

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I got a Venom for my bowling pin gun, but then had trouble finding an adapter in stock anywhere to fit it to my Novak sight cut. One of their reps spent half a day looking but found one for me. They got a friend for life.

• 3 weeks later...