Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Henning or tti basepads ?

urmaker45

Henning is retained by a detent and spring system where TTI has uses a pin and set screw.

I have Henning on my tanfoglio and CZ and TTI on my glock.

I would say they are equivalent products in terms of quality and function. Ease of disassembly goes slightly in favor to henning. 

Henning makes some unique / niche products that I appreciate so I lean towards supporting that company. Also Vikings.

Edited by DesertTortoise

8 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

Henning is retained by a detent and spring system where TTI has uses a pin and set screw.

I have Henning on my tanfoglio and CZ and TTI on my glock.

I would say they are equivalent products in terms of quality and function. Ease of disassembly goes slightly in favor to henning. 

Henning makes some unique / niche products that I appreciate so I lean towards supporting that company. Also Vikings.

Thanks for info !

Can you please share where you can find TTI base plates for less than Henning?  I considered both but went with the Henning because they were less expensive.  The have been great base pads and a thumbs up for removal.

https://www.henningshop.com/Products.aspx?CAT=10227.  19.95 ea.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/base-pad-for-cz75/. 30.99 ea

1 hour ago, RedlandsShooter said:

Can you please share where you can find TTI base plates for less than Henning?  I considered both but went with the Henning because they were less expensive.  The have been great base pads and a thumbs up for removal.

https://www.henningshop.com/Products.aspx?CAT=10227.  19.95 ea.

https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/base-pad-for-cz75/. 30.99 ea

unless I’m wrong the henning base pads alone are 39.99  the ones you are thinking of are the production base plates that don’t add capacity that’s what I’m currently running . I found the tti on eBay 34 shipped . But I’m going to go with henning since that’s what I have for production.

• 2 months later...

Henning is a generous and friendly guy, is a practical shooting OG, and I've seen firsthand his passion for precision machining, function and aesthetics. If I could go either way between two functionally equivalent products, then that knowledge would personally tip me towards Henning.  

I have base pads and Grips from both Henning and TTI - I like the Henning gear better, and the TTI stuff is sitting in a box collecting dust. The quality of the pats is amazing. 

To an earlier comment by Obsessive Shooter - Henning is actively involved in USPSA, shoots matches, and uses his own equipment. He loves the sport, designs some awesome stages and has an equal passion for machining the best product for the market. I've personally seen the amount of time he spends making sure the products he makes are top notch and well thought out. He worked with me on a custom set of grips for my CZ CTS (Custom Tactical Sport). They are now available for everyone who needs the grips for the CZ Tac Sport with the CZC Magwell or the Standard Magwell (They are different lengths!) He's also just a great guy and will bend over backwards to help anyone - just like the majority of people I have met in the USPSA community. I'd pick Henning every time! 

4 hours ago, Trevor300wsm said:

I’ve been checking on the Henning website for a couple weeks and they continue to be sold out of the black. Any other options for buying these online? I need 5 of them so the cheaper the better. 

Just get the TTI ones in black. I own both sets and they're basically identical, there's 0 difference in quality or finish. The only difference is the detent for Henning has a spring and it's actually a little more annoying to operate than the TTI. 

+1 Henning

I run the Pro basepads for Production which prevent overtravel on the Shadow 2. Has really nice checkering on the bottom so I don’t need grip tape. Quality parts and manufacturing, highly recommended 

If you guys are undoing the set screw on the TTI base pads, you're doing it wrong. It's factory-set to tight enough to stay in place but still movable without tools, allowing you to just move the blocking pin aside and then you can slide it off the mag body.

Makes the TTI much superior in field cleaning, they're otherwise identical in operation.

On 6/16/2019 at 4:19 PM, Trevor300wsm said:

I finally ordered 5 of the Henning with the Grams spring/follower kit as well. I like the detent option over the pin and screw on the TTI.

I ordered these from Ben Stoeger as they showed in stock, but after 3 days of waiting, they emailed to inform me they were sold out. Also the grams springs/followers I ordered were also not in stock either. I canceled my entire order. 

Edited by Trevor300wsm

On 6/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, Trevor300wsm said:

I ordered these from Ben Stoeger as they showed in stock, but after 3 days of waiting, they emailed to inform me they were sold out. Also the grams springs/followers I ordered were also not in stock either. I canceled my entire order. 

I’ve had that same issue when ordering from them, I wish they would just have a live inventory tracker like shooterconnection does. When I order from Ben Stoeger now I always call to make sure they have the items in stock.

I really like the TTI extensions, never had any issues with them. I do use the henning grips and if I wanted to match colors between the grips and extension then I’d use the henning extensions.

4 minutes ago, mveto said:

I’ve had that same issue when ordering from them, I wish they would just have a live inventory tracker like shooterconnection does. When I order from Ben Stoeger now I always call to make sure they have the items in stock.

I really like the TTI extensions, never had any issues with them. I do use the henning grips and if I wanted to match colors between the grips and extension then I’d use the henning extensions.

I found 4 of the Hennings and 3 of the Grams kits in stock at Make Ready and I ordered them. They are local to me so I need to support them anyway. I will say this is the first time Ive had an issue with BenStoeger. All previous orders have been good to go.