Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ETS Group aftermarket P320 mags incoming

Rudukai13

• 1 month later...

Asked ETS on a question about basepad compatibility on Arfcom and got this response.

"Ok the short answer is that baseplates made for metal mags won’t work. To make poly mags we have to make an interface that is suitable for the material ie thicker.

So our solution was to come up with a patent pending universal interface. All of our new 9mm mags take the same base plate. But to give you guys more aftermarket options we made this new interface so it would accept baseplates that fit glock mags. So if it fits a glock oem mag it will fit all of our mags. Plus, the new design is so strong that in drop testing our 30 round .45 mag never came apart even in 10ft drops on concrete. It was quite the violent impact. Poor mags 😂

Bottom line for you, the new sig 320 mags will work with glock baseplates."

9 hours ago, MustangMan said:

Asked ETS on a question about basepad compatibility on Arfcom and got this response.

"Ok the short answer is that baseplates made for metal mags won’t work. To make poly mags we have to make an interface that is suitable for the material ie thicker.

So our solution was to come up with a patent pending universal interface. All of our new 9mm mags take the same base plate. But to give you guys more aftermarket options we made this new interface so it would accept baseplates that fit glock mags. So if it fits a glock oem mag it will fit all of our mags. Plus, the new design is so strong that in drop testing our 30 round .45 mag never came apart even in 10ft drops on concrete. It was quite the violent impact. Poor mags 😂

Bottom line for you, the new sig 320 mags will work with glock baseplates."

Good info, thanks. Hopefully the mag bodies are sized so that there is a commonly available path to a 126, 140 or 170mm magazine; ie, they didn't make the Sig mag a few mm longer than the Glock one, making it nearly impossible to use any of the Glock aluminum pads and meet the length requirement.

3 hours ago, thormx538 said:

Good info, thanks. Hopefully the mag bodies are sized so that there is a commonly available path to a 126, 140 or 170mm magazine; ie, they didn't make the Sig mag a few mm longer than the Glock one, making it nearly impossible to use any of the Glock aluminum pads and meet the length requirement.

I too am a bit worried about this. I plan on ordering 21rd mags and using glock +5/6 basepads and using them for practice only where the additional rounds per mag will be useful for getting more drills in without reloading mags. Another concern is using basepads on the 17rd mags with the X5 magwell. Once people do some experimenting to figure out which mag and basepad combos come to what lengths, then I'll order some to use for competition use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The mags just went live a little while ago and they have a 10% discount code available they sent with the e-mail announcement. I was excited about the 21rd mags but from the looks of the flat basepad we won't be able to attach any basepads to them and I'm weary of whether the glock basepads will clear an X5 magwell with the 17rd mags. The 21rd mags may still be useful for practice mags though, was hoping to add basepads to them though but that looks like it won't happen.

I asked in the ETS industry forum on arf, and ETS said the 21rd ones just fit in the mag gauge in stock trim. So they'd probably need a very thin Glock basepad to work.

They said the 17 and 15rd ones work with X-Frames

They also said the Sig mags tend to not drop free when they are partially loaded, but do when empty.

Edited by thormx538

15 hours ago, thormx538 said:

I asked in the ETS industry forum on arf, and ETS said the 21rd ones just fit in the mag gauge in stock trim. So they'd probably need a very thin Glock basepad to work.

They said the 17 and 15rd ones work with X-Frames

They also said the Sig mags tend to not drop free when they are partially loaded, but do when empty.

With that info I'm glad I waited to order. Not falling free unless empty means they aren't of much use to me for practice and definitely of no use to me in a match.

I received the two mags I ordered today. They do not load smoothly or drop free when loaded.  I purchased these hoping to use them for practice to save wear on my factory mags but unfortunately this will put some limits on their usefulness. I’ll still be able to use them just not for reloads.

On 10/12/2019 at 2:06 AM, MustangMan said:

With that info I'm glad I waited to order. Not falling free unless empty means they aren't of much use to me for practice and definitely of no use to me in a match.

A big +1.  Not gonna order any now, unless a bunch of people start posting better results.  Very disappointing.  

Edited by dave33

• 1 month later...

ETS responded to my video. I wont be taking their offer as my mag still represents what customers are actually getting.

--

I hate that you had a bad experience with the mags. We have shrunk down their specs after the initial release due to a larger amount of variation than we saw in our in house testing. 

I would like to send you one of our mags in our new spec to see how it works for you. 

If this is acceptable to you please email me back with your shipping and we will get it on the way. 

ETS mags have always been crap.  I shoot a fair amount of outlaw matches in my area which often attract newer shooters, who statistically speaking, own Glocks, and frequently have ETS magazines. They choke all the time.  I wouldn't own any of their mags if they were free ( unless I specifically wanted to practice malfunction drills lol).

On 12/5/2019 at 9:21 AM, rowdyb said:

I dislike how expensive the stock Sig mags are but I'd still rather have one of them versus 3 ETS mags.

Yes, I agree that they're more expensive than CZ or Tango, but the quality makes the real OEM mags worth buying.  The finish that Sig uses is really durable which is nice if you're used to having rust issues. 

2 minutes ago, ajblack said:

Yes, I agree that they're more expensive than CZ or Tango, but the quality makes the real OEM mags worth buying.  The finish that Sig uses is really durable which is nice if you're used to having rust issues. 

Yep, like I said I'd still rather have one stock mag versus 3 ets mags.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, ClangClang said:

ETS mags have always been crap.  I shoot a fair amount of outlaw matches in my area which often attract newer shooters, who statistically speaking, own Glocks, and frequently have ETS magazines. They choke all the time.  I wouldn't own any of their mags if they were free ( unless I specifically wanted to practice malfunction drills lol).

I recently bought some ETS mags, Glock 10mm 20rnders, and a M&P 9 20 rnder.   Mine were all junk.  So bad I would feel bad about giving them away for free.  Like you said, good for malfunction practice only.  Too many problems for a practice mag.