Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shockbottle case checker

zzt

I want to get one for 9mm major loaded to 1.165".  I cannot find an XL model like I have for 40.  Will the standard case checker work with the long rounds?  I want them to drop below the surface when I lift the gauge.  Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

I found that one of the unanticipated benefits of the nose of the bullets sticking out of the Hundo is that, when you lay the Hundo back down, any cartridge that has some bullet setback is obvious (shorter than the others).  While this is rare, I did see it with a particularly thin piece of brass (mixed range pickup).

FYI, the 9x19-size gauges are sized to fit sideways on the 1050 Dillon ammo bin (the 30230 Akro-bin) if you want to load it without lifting, although we do suggest the load-and-lift for critical ammo,.

I have a Shockbottle 9mm SuperMatch gauge...  I set it flat on the table and drop the rounds into it...  After it is full, I pick it up and sight down the top to check for high primers and rounds that don't slide down into the gauge and lay flat...  All the rounds should be flat along the top of the gauge.

If any rounds protrude above the gauge, I press down on then...  If they push down easily, I shoot them...  If they are hard to press down, or hit a hard spot and don't go down, they go to practice ammo...  If any primers are too high, those rounds go to practice ammo.

Shockbottle also makes a 9mm flip-tray that is easier and faster than using two MTM boxes to flip the ammo...  Very handy.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, RaylanGivens said:

I have a Shockbottle 9mm SuperMatch gauge...  I set it flat on the table and drop the rounds into it...  After it is full, I pick it up and sight down the top to check for high primers and rounds that don't slide down into the gauge and lay flat...  All the rounds should be flat along the top of the gauge.

If any rounds protrude above the gauge, I press down on then...  If they push down easily, I shoot them...  If they are hard to press down, or hit a hard spot and don't go down, they go to practice ammo...  If any primers are too high, those rounds go to practice ammo.

Shockbottle also makes a 9mm flip-tray that is easier and faster than using two MTM boxes to flip the ammo...  Very handy.

You have a link to this flip tray?  I did not see it on their site.

20 minutes ago, Terry44 said:

You have a link to this flip tray?  I did not see it on their site.

You can get it from Stoeger. BUT, 9mm was sticking in the one I bought from him. Kind of annoying and defeated the purpose. I sent it back

Heh.. you learn something new every day.  I'll have to try that trick on the 1050 Akro bin.

On a perhaps unrelated note..  this discussion made me read the shockbottle faq..  What are the " 1/4-28 accessory mounting holes " that are present on the black hundos for exactly?

3 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Heh.. you learn something new every day.  I'll have to try that trick on the 1050 Akro bin.

On a perhaps unrelated note..  this discussion made me read the shockbottle faq..  What are the " 1/4-28 accessory mounting holes " that are present on the black hundos for exactly?

So that a jig can be attached for anodizing. I'm not sure why the call them accessory mounting holes.

• 3 weeks later...