Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-tech vs CompTac for Competition

JohnS23

i have a bunch of blade techs for the various games and guns and they really leave me wanting anything else.  haven't tried comp tac but from what i've heard they're pretty much the same thing.  at your next match(es) look around and ask who's wearing what, surely after the match they'll let you try them out.

I have both and to me they are tweedledom and tweedledee.   They both work well and fit the specified guns properly.   I'm left handed and not all of either company's models are offered in lefty form.

One specialty holster I have from Comp-Tac  is their "USPSA" holster for my 6" 686.  It's cut away in front far enough to clear a Picatinny rail long enough for a long red dot like the C-More  but holds the gun securely.  Blade-Tech does not offer anything comparable I could find and I really didn't like Safariland's similar holster.

I prefer Comptac, have owned Bladetech in the past and they're fine.

I do not get the appeal of RHT, despite their prevalence.  The one that briefly passed theough my posession had the retention and fit of a five gallon bucket.

I really like the blade tech holsters I have. Im sure comp tac is great, but I never really liked how they looked. Which I know is stupid, but if I have to live with the gear it might as well look good, as well as function well. The blade tech is nice and clean. I have two that came with my BOSS hangers, and plan on buying a couple more.

I prefer Comptac, have owned Bladetech in the past and they're fine.

I do not get the appeal of RHT, despite their prevalence.  The one that briefly passed theough my posession had the retention and fit of a five gallon bucket.

Same here,loose fit with Red Hill even with the screws tightened all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several BladeTech and CompTac holsters, and also ordered a Red Hill Tactical based on the forum reputation. The CompTac is my clear favorite as it fits all of the guns I have them for the best, and the mounting holes make it compatible with any modular belt system. BladeTech is a loose fit on most of the guns I own. The RHT cants the grips into my body making it difficult to get a consistent grip index, and the top of the holster behind the trigger guard pinches my middle finger every time I reholster.  I run only the CompTac now.