Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RHT Holster on Boss Hanger

Jayohee

Yeah that is what I’ve heard. I reached out to the BS Pro Shop and they said the ones that come with the Boss Hanger should also work. Unfortunately I’m still waiting on the holster to arrive so I can’t confirm

• 2 weeks later...

I heard back from both RHT and BSPS (who sells the Boss Hanger). 

RHT = Compatible with Boss but doesn’t include the correct length of screws. Made primarily for the Springer Precision hanger

BSPS = the screws which come with the hanger (currently on my Bladetech) should fit. 

Worst case I’ll need to hit the hardware store and find the right ones. Shouldn’t be too hard, just annoying to not have the right screws readily available. 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:50 PM, Jayohee said:

I heard back from both RHT and BSPS (who sells the Boss Hanger). 

RHT = Compatible with Boss but doesn’t include the correct length of screws. Made primarily for the Springer Precision hanger

BSPS = the screws which come with the hanger (currently on my Bladetech) should fit. 

Worst case I’ll need to hit the hardware store and find the right ones. Shouldn’t be too hard, just annoying to not have the right screws readily available. 

This was my experience. The screws that came with the holster were too short. The ones that came with the hanger were fine, and that's what I am using.

I have (had) 2 of each and never needed to go to the hardware store.  Single layer and double layer.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:19 PM, jcc7x7 said:

RHT holster mounts to hanger just fine.

Holster allowed gun to rock back and forth like a rocking horse though. FWIW, 2 times , two different guns

So, I went back to DAA and Blade Tech holsters FWIW

Interesting, I didn't have this issue.  The single layer did have less retention, so I used that for USPSA and Steel Challenge.  The dual layer locked in tight so I used that for 3 gun.  The only reason I sold them was because I've moved to open so I bought the Alpha-X.  I figure I'll just get two inserts and use that for my Czechmate and Shadow 2.