Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Square deal B price

I recently upgraded from a sdb to a 550. I intend to sell the sdb at a gun show through my buddy. My question is what is a used square deal in 9mm with an in-line fab roller handle and light worth?

Please don’t think I’m trying to tease the item for later sale on Enos. I don’t want to deal with shipping it. With that said, anybody care to estimate what I should be asking?

21 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Search the classifieds for "sdb" ?

(that is why we don't delete ads, just lock them)

I attempted this. But currently I only have access to my iPad and apparently the mobile version won’t let me search specific forums. Only all of the boards at once. 

30 minutes ago, Swanny10 said:

I attempted this. But currently I only have access to my iPad and apparently the mobile version won’t let me search specific forums. Only all of the boards at once. 

I hope you didn't camp out all night for that new iPad...

No clue what s/w you are using but try going to this link: https://forums.brianenos.com/search/

If you see a menu titled "Content Type", select "Topics". The forum pull-down will appear.

Knowledgeable shooters will probably pay you close to $400 for the 3 items you mentioned.

It is possible that at a gun show, you might be able to get MORE than it's worth - that used to

happen anyway, because lot of those people have no idea about prices.   My opinion.    :) 

27 minutes ago, stick said:

Going price for the press seems to be around $275 (press only)

Sounds about right, but I presume the op is selling the press, 

+ dies

+ light

+ roller handle.

Altogether, should be close to $ 350 - 400, I would imagine.     :) 

12 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Sounds about right, but I presume the op is selling the press, 

+ dies

+ light

+ roller handle.

Altogether, should be close to $ 350 - 400, I would imagine.     :) 

I wasn't going to do all the work for him.  I just did a quick search on the forums and listed the press price.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, dillon said:

Used Dillon reloading equipment typically sells for 80-85% of current retail value. The warranty goes with the machine, only lost parts are not covered under warranty on used Square Deals.

That pretty much says all you need to know about why people say "buy a Dillon".

Plus I should add the tech support is all you could hope for.

The customer service at Dillon must be worth something.

Mike at Dillon replied to my email the next working day after I broke a part on my ancient SDB (the website doesn't promise quite that fast). A new warranty replacement sub-assembly was on its way to me in no time. The package took a while to get from one part of Europe to another but you cannot fault Dillon for that....

I agree with the #350-$400 price range is decent for both the buying and selling parties, assuming it is complete.  I have seen prices from 250-500, but that really depended on what it came with (more expensive meant a variety of conversion kits, other dies, accessories, etc.)

I have a 650, and I have really thought about keeping an eye out for a really good price on a SDB.  I load 45 colt for my Dad, and enjoy shooting 38 special on occasion besides the bulk loading of 9mm that I do.  When I got looking at the conversion kits for several calibers on the 650, and considering that the other calibers are a pretty low volume compared to 9mm, getting the SDB looks like a pretty good option.