Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pa matches

Don't know what matches are going on at these clubs when you'll be there but a few that come to mind are ontelaunee rod and gun club, new holland rifle and pistol club, topton fish and game, easton. Tomorrow is uspsa at Quinton sportsmans club in south NJ about 2 hours from scranton, we also have steel challenge, idpa, and 3 gun check out the website.

Five years ago, I shot near Scranton - small range, with four COF's on

two ranges.   Believe it was in Factoryville.

But, lots of fun - the MD is the guy who invented the 90 degree

C-More mount .    So, most of the guys shooting OPEN, have

90 degree mounts     :) 

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

21 minutes ago, louu said:

Don't know what matches are going on at these clubs when you'll be there but a few that come to mind are ontelaunee rod and gun club, new holland rifle and pistol club, topton fish and game, easton. Tomorrow is uspsa at Quinton sportsmans club in south NJ about 2 hours from scranton, we also have steel challenge, idpa, and 3 gun check out the website.

Doesnt Jersey have mag restrictions?

10 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Have they changed it ?

Used to be 15 rounds in NJ, and 10 in NY.

Yeah changed it a couple months ago. It might go to standard capacity soon though. 

Don't get caught in Jersey with hollow points, very bad!! there is also

New Holland Practical Shooters

West Shore Practical Shooters

Lower Providence

Keystone Sportsman Association 

Most of those are near Philly or even further south of that. I really like Ontelaunee and Matamoras though 

20 minutes ago, sean_stw said:

Don't get caught in Jersey with hollow points, very bad!! there is also

New Holland Practical Shooters

West Shore Practical Shooters

Lower Providence

Keystone Sportsman Association 

Most of those are near Philly or even further south of that. I really like Ontelaunee and Matamoras though 

Is that a thing lol? Is keystone the one near scranton? If so I checked that ranges schedule and they dont have uspsa on it 

5 minutes ago, corbinfouquet said:

Is that a thing lol? Is keystone the one near scranton? If so I checked that ranges schedule and they dont have uspsa on it

Keystone is in Muncy which is like an 1 1/2hr from Scranton and they do have USPSA but its not every month I think and there very small matches. Factoryville would be the closest to Scranton I believe and Its pretty good there its small only 2 bays but they usually have 4-5 stages. If your in Scranton your actually in a pretty good location for really good matches. Matamoras is really good and about an hour from Scranton and there expanding, they usually have 6 decent sized stages and soon should be able to have at least 8 by next year. Ontelaunee though is the best around that im aware of and just a little over an hour from Scranton, its huge and has enough bays to do more than 13 stages but most matches are 8-10. I like it so much i travel a little over 2hrs to go there. 

17 minutes ago, corbinfouquet said:

Is that a thing lol

if your refering to the hollow points in Jersey yes its very bad, could be arrested if your found with them, and when i mean if your found with them you dont even need to have a gun on you it could just be some loose rounds in your car to get in big trouble. it's a really stupid law ?

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, corbinfouquet said:

Any pa  shooters that can shed some light on the frequency of matches in the state? I'm willing to drive 2.5 hours for a club match. Is there opportunities to shoot every weekend uspsa that is. 

Basically all of the bases have been  covered by previous posters. Eastern PA is a great place for handgunners. I believe it is possible to shoot USPSA every weekend here.

The two closest to Scranton are Factoryville and for IDPA, Wilkes Barre (in Hunlock Creek). Matamoras isn't too far. Keystone is good. West Shore runs a good match it is near Harrisburg. Ontelaunee is 20 miles north of Allentown and is, as mentioned, fab. 

Here is a useful website, it isn't complete and check with the MD before traveling  https://sites.google.com/site/midatlanticshootingsports/

Also as already mentioned but deserves to be repeated in NJ don't travel with mags over 10 rounds. A really good idea, worth the time and effort and no one in NJ will laugh at you for this but put a lock on your range bag, put your ammo in a separate locked container and do not under any circumstances  pre-load your magazines. When you are done unload your mags and reverse the procedure. In NJ and NY you basically have no rights as a firearms owner, act accordingly. It's too bad, I shoot at Old Bridge Steel, Challenge, and they run a great match, you just have to be mindful of the states politics. Under most circumstances, hollow points are illegal, just don't have them in the car period.

Edited by firewood

• 3 weeks later...