Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ACME 147 vs 145

OptimiStick

Ive only played around with acme 124's recently. They shot fine. Like the coating... but the weight variance on the 124's I got was pretty significant. Like +/- 3grs. 

Maybe it was a fluke.. but I'm sticking with blues for now. Especially since they don't turn me blue anymore. ?

I've tried both in our 9mm 1911s  I'm not sure there is an accuracy difference, but chambering the first round is smoother with the RN.  I'd buy a sample pack of each and give them a try.  You can weight 10-20 of each and measure the weight variation if that's a concern in your application.

6 minutes ago, IDescribe said:

I don't follow.  Did they change something to stop the smurf fingers?

Yes. I think they're washing them somehow to remove any extra powder. The last couple boxes I got had a sticker mentioned no more blue fingers. 

7 minutes ago, shakin_bakin said:

Just to follow up my previous comment. I got  about 750 round nose Blues that I opened up this week. No smurf fingers. The new coating doesn't come off on my fingers.

My last lot from Blue Bullets were much improved over previous lots, but I still get a small amount of "smuf finger". 

Seems to shoot the same as before, just a little less messy.  

Better product, same cost...  Me likey!  ? 

Interesting results. Accuracy wise the 145 RNs were a little better than the 147 FPs. But they were smoking heavily in my wifes gun - M&P Core 9L. So I loaded up a batch of Blues 147 RN ( new coating style) and the Acme RN 145s . VV N320 is my powder,I loaded them to the same OAL. I also ran a batch of Montana Gold 147s and did some comparisons. In my 2011 with KKM barrel, no problems - but in the wife's M&P - the Acme's smoked much more heavily than the Blues and MGs.