Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max won the Lucas Oil PCC match !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, JZELEK said:

Anyone know who's barrel and compensator he's running on that gun?

Shooting Innovations ramped 14.5 barrel, American Precision Arms brake.

Btw I'm also wearing the APA hat the whole match too. Even if those guys didn't make anything else their hats are amazing and I'd want them as a hat sponsor.

Edited by Maxamundo
14 hours ago, Maxamundo said:

Shooting Innovations ramped 14.5 barrel, American Precision Arms brake.

Btw I'm also wearing the APA hat the whole match too. Even if those guys didn't make anything else their hats are amazing and I'd want them as a hat sponsor.

I put a Shooting Innovations ramped barrel and BCG in my 9mm AR PDW to cure feeding problems, and it did that admirably!  It will now feed any flat nose or JHP I throw at it. 

1 hour ago, Maxamundo said:

I just asked, it'll be a .223 brake only, but you can have them bore one out to 9mm for you for $35 extra. It'll be available in about 6 weeks.

Thanks for the response, I’m actually looking to use the brake on my new comp AR for next year. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to respond and share your insight with us. Good luck this weekend.

Yep it was a hell of a match. I think there was some drama with who was originally supposed to set up the match. Although it provided short notice to get it done, it got done. I got there thursday night and stayed friday. One of my buddies flew in and shot it friday in the pouring rain. The place turned into a mud pit. But luckily dried out and provided some stable footing to transition from position to position. 
I thought it was gonna be a hose fest considering what i saw last year and then the 550-600 round count. And then it was pretty much a PCC Precision match. Not a single hoser stage. The only stage with open targets were all at about 15-25 yards including a swinger. 

But it was 35 yard plate racks, clay arrays at 35, 4 inch steel at varying distances. Super tough leans that allowed no other option but to shoot off hand. I dont know what theyre officially called but a polish plate rack with 2 spinning texas stars on either side. I think someone already mentioned the texas star with clay holders and the clay holders being no shoots. And then the poker chips on stands at 15-20 yards. Had to shoot the poker chips off without hitting the stands because those were no shoots. 

It was a challenging match. What i took away from it was that Lucas Oil is investing big into shooting sports with the foresight to develop this into something really special. It'll obviously continue to improve in the years to come. With their background in Nascar and drag racing they didnt mess around with the price table and banquet after. They even provided free beer. So...I'll definitely be back next year, work willing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:17 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Click the speech balloon under the pic or video.

74B183AB-C667-454D-90F5-ADB6BE56FBAE.thumb.jpeg.eee15ab1237f0316ab34fd386c689578.jpeg

This is probably completely lame and I apologize ahead of time but I have no other option.

I set up to follow you on Instagram  and I saw your video about your loose not really for gas gas key on you PCC bcg. I said " nice catch" and then clicked on the balloon you told me in this post to click on to post something and nothing happened.

Truth be told the only reason I went there was to watch shooting videos, yours are pretty sweet and Max has all his stuff there as well. I am finding Lena Mickulek to be very  entertaining also. ( that was per your suggestion)

I will most likely never put much of anything on there but the ability to post a comment would be nice. As I said earlier, it shouldn't be this hard. ( Or more likely I was born 30 years too late ! )