Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark at Pinnacle High Performance

roundabout

Well, that was the same experience I had as well. 

That said, I just got off the phone with Mark so he did return my call this time. He did indicate he had experienced a heart attack about a year ago and was indisposed for some time. 

Mark has worked on quite a few of my revolvers and have always had quality work with him. Call and leave a message and send an email he will respond. Remember he is a one man shop and if he is talking on the phone or responding to emails he is not working on revolvers. Patience is a virtue and when you do receive the revolver back from him you will be glad and pleased with the work. 

I have a 929 Mark customized; bought it from member; it is top shelf work. I want to do another 929, but I want do it with TK to do the action job. I want Mark to recrown my barrel and ball mill the underlug like he did on the 929 I’ve been using. TK isn’t set-up to do the barrel work. 

About a year ago I wanted Mark to do a duplicate 929 like the one I had, but I never could reach him so I just dropped the idea. Now I’m looking at going to IRC and I’d like to have a pair to go with me.  I am optimistic my venture will work out.  

Years back I tried leaving voice mails for a few weeks and then tried email, never got a reply from anything so I gave up on him. Maybe you just have to walk in the door but that's not an option for me. He does good work but it doesn't matter if you can't talk to him.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:30 PM, Alaskan454 said:

Mark did some machine work for me in the past, great work but he did have quite a backlog at the time.

I'm sure he does good work but his backlog was the problem when I tried to use his services.  He quoted a 6 week turnaround for some machining that Tom at TK did in 3 days.

Both revolvers are in PA at Pinnacle now so I’m committed. So far our e-mail correspondence has been good and even got him on the phone on a first attempt. 

Mark led me to believe the turnaround on his work won’t be long. We’ll see what happens. Hell, nobody shoots Revolver! He can’t be that busy right?? 

I had Mark do all three of my revolvers. On one of them (686), in addition to normal action work and competition upgrades, he cut the cylinder for moons. The turn around on all three (three separate jobs) was I think about 2 weeks. I live less than an hour away so I drop off and pick up at his shop. The revos might have been finished sooner but since I'm off on Friday's I wait for that day to go get them. He does nice work. You might have to leave a few voice mail messages but he will get back to you. Very nice person.

Edited by firewood

On 7/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, Tampa-XD45 said:

I'm sure he does good work but his backlog was the problem when I tried to use his services.  He quoted a 6 week turnaround for some machining that Tom at TK did in 3 days.

Tom's operation is very different, or was, as of 2016.  I asked about rechambering my SP101 to 9mm/moonclips.  Tom said that, "that's not possible with the new ejection stars, and we just won't do the SPs anymore."

Looking at his site, now that may have changed.  At the time, it seemed that his disinclination was related to multiple smith's on staff, of varying levels of ability, and he was focused on a production line style of operation.

Contacted Mark, and sent my cylinder.  Back in about 6 weeks, as promised.  Eats anything that will fit in a 9mm moonclip with a nominal diameter of .356".  His work is excellent.

Edited by Rob72

Mark built me a 627 for steel shooting. Custom 5" barrel, complete action job, the works. Never had an issue with it and still using it at matches. Mark was a great guy to deal with and got the job done in reasonable time. He had just relocated into his new shop and kept me up to date on the progress through the build.

Hello everyone,

This thread has been brought to my attention by one of my clients and after much consideration I have decided to try and address all concerns regarding my availability in the recent past.

First off I would like to take a moment to apologize to anyone who may have been affected by the events in my life that caused several communication lapses between 2014 and 2017. I am sorry for any and all inconvenience that may have occurred during this time.

My Father instilled into me from a young age that "nobody wants to hear excuses" just do your job, do your best and everything else will fall into place.
So that's what I did, I didn't make excuses for the events that unfolded in my life and hoped my work would speak for itself and everything would be alright.
Unfortunately my father engrained this into my brain before the advent of the Internet and all the new challenges that go along with that.

So to move along here I will try and keep it brief and worth reading.

During the 2012-13 & 2013-14 school year we moved our kids to a Charter school that was 28 miles and 45 minutes away on a good day. Busing wasn't available to us so I was diving back and forth twice a day driving 112 miles a day to take my boy to school.

In 2014 my family moved into a new home and I moved my shop to a new location, two very time consuming and somewhat stressful things.

My New Years present in January of 2015 was notice that I was getting divorced. Unexpected and devastating is all I can say. Any of you who may have gone through something like this are probably the only ones who can relate. My mind was shot, my concentration was non existent, I was in a constant state of a combination of pain like I've never felt and nausea, and my tolerance to outside distractions was very short to say the least. I felt like I was fighting for my life, In short.....I was a mess, 2015 was a mess.

Fortunately for me I was able to move on get my mind right and move forward. However, around this same time, once the stress fighting adrenalin wore off I was met with the cruel joke of having a Heart Attack in April of 2016. Once again, unless you've been there it's hard to explain or imagine.
Out of work for 2 months with more restrictions than I've ever had to deal with before I had to deal with the mental challenges one more time to keep myself from going crazy. After 2 months I started 8 weeks of cardiac rehab. 2 hours a day 3 mornings a week. I was trying to get into the shop as much as possible but needless to say by 2 O'clock in the afternoon I was shot and needed rest. Those days were bad.
They say it takes over a year to fully recover from a Heart Attack, I can tell you that is pretty darn close to the truth.

Again, I'm not trying to make excuses or dwell on my past, but it was suggested to me that perhaps I could try to explain what happened, and just maybe there's enough forgiveness out there in this fast paced gotta have it now rat race world that a little just might find its way to me.

So I'm back into the full swing of things taking in work, life is good and trying to help keep America armed with cool guns.

Take care all, and be well!!
Mark Hartshorne