Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody running a CTS LS-P?

aandabooks

Kind of looking for a new production gun and I'm partial to CZ since I shoot TS models in Open/Limited and my son has a Shadow 2 and I have a SP01 for production.  I could buy another S2 but I spotted a few of these and the longer sight radius looks intriguing.  

I talked to CZ Custom and they don't have any with no ability to build anymore since they can't find the parts to put them together.  They figure that the Bull Shadow will be sometime next year to make it on the production approved list.

I’ve been using an LS-P in production for about 9 months now. Really like the balance of the gun. It’s proven ultra reliable. I had to replace a trigger return spring but that’s been the only issue. 

16 minutes ago, eerw said:

The long slide is a great balanced pistol. 

If you can find a TS 9mm upper, and a 75 SA lower it could be built. 

I hadn't thought of that.  I have a 9mm TS upper for my 3-gun pistol.  Could just buy a 75 SA and do all the work myself.

8 hours ago, MoRivera said:

My Limited Gun.....

Red.jpg

Tac Sport slide milled to fit on CZ 75/SP01 frame.  It's a 40 model but has a fitted 9mm barrel as well.  Several others have done this as well.

I'm looking for a production gun option.  I have an extra 9mm TS upper I could put on my SP01 frame but that would not make a production legal gun.  That is a nice looking gun.

32 minutes ago, aandabooks said:

I'm looking for a production gun option.  I have an extra 9mm TS upper I could put on my SP01 frame but that would not make a production legal gun.  That is a nice looking gun.

Yeah, I was also exploring that as well, but it wasn't clear as to whether or not the 'CTS' Long-slide Shadows like....

cz_sp01_ts_custom.jpg

...(which I almost bought some time back) was production-legal.  Maybe not enough numbers or something.  If the SP01 Bull Shadow makes it 'in;, then I'll seriously consider one of those as well.  But for now, I'm running an Accu Shadow for Production.

One thing I've found also is that since the Tactical Sport is only designed/intended as a SAO gun, when using the TS slide I have above on my regular shadows, the DA pull is rather funky.  Something to do with the cutouts in the slide for trigger reset, I think.  So I assume that the complete long slide models like the one pictured and Bull Shadows have the correct trigger reset milling on the slides.

I have been using a LSP I picked up on the forums here for the last three months and love it. My transitions have improved shooting the 42oz LSP compared to the 47oz S2 I shot last year. I decided I didn't like the new grip profile of the S2 (I have large hands). Prior to the S2 I had shot a Accu SP-01 for a few years. I'll take the longer slide of the LSP over the heavier dust cover of the SP01.

IMG_20180602_171025.thumb.jpg.dd4866045c96c2c094fb776571e7ee5b.jpg.20643b494376022c084008b2b35aecca.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't pulled the trigger on anything but the money is starting to burn a hole in my pocket.  Just not sure that I am going to get the itch to shoot production again.  I just really don't need anything else.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/10/2018 at 10:31 PM, MoRivera said:

My Limited Gun.....

Red.jpg

Tac Sport slide milled to fit on CZ 75/SP01 frame.  It's a 40 model but has a fitted 9mm barrel as well.  Several others have done this as well.

Nice looking pistol!!! Where did you get your grips from and what is the official color?

Wondering if anyone has played with a Bull Shadow S2..? 48oz with a stock mag, betting it'd be knocking on 53oz with brass grips and a base pad and not sure if it'd be Production legal... but giantist of the giant lol. 

Having a 9mm CTS ,Its my favorite gun, use it for our weekly steel matches, Just very well balanced, weight in my opinion is perfect, Also have 3 other TS all in 9mm and have a 40 upper I use for majors, 2 have grip reductions trigger jobs, and one bushing, but CTS is best IMOP, If I shot open I'd convert a reg Tactical Sport as the CTS from CZ shop is just to nice to mess with, my 2 cents CZ's are the best steel guns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Bong said:

Nice looking pistol!!! Where did you get your grips from and what is the official color?

Those grips are M-Arms Monarch 1 Short, got them from cesar-shop.com which is overseas, and they come in thick and thin.  These are thick ones.  Just plain red.

https://cesar-shop.com/product/grips-cz-ts-shadow-2-and-sp-01-short-checker

I actually took them off since I had a custom pair of LOK's made.  So the red ones are available if you're interested.  Let me know.

Edited by MoRivera

Yes, IDPA SSP and production.  Awesome platform.  I bought jripper's gun a while back.

I also bought a SP-01 Shadow upper (from Stuart!) to add to the frame and it rocks too!

Edited by WxGuy