Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC multi optic cut

jbecker

Hi

thinking of getting the CZC multi optic cut and slide lightening on my Shadow 2 for carry optics.

Has anyone had this done and could tell me about it?

Has anyone had the multi optic cut done on their CZ, how do you like it?

I have had the RDS plate from CZC on an SP01 Shadow and now in my Shadow 2. I like it! They did not do the lightening cuts for my CO Shadow 2 but I copied what they do.

I had the RDS plate from CZ Custom cut for my SP01 Shadow.  It comes with one red dot mount.  I also got the plate that allows you to use your iron sights.  Works great. The cut is really deep in to the slide so that the red dot is really low.  The adaptor plate for the red dot is aluminum, go easy on the screws.

I just got my Shadow 2 slide from Stuart with the CZC multi optics cut and plate for my FF3.  I haven’t even had a chance to mount it up yet, but when I do i’ll weigh it and post my findings.

1 hour ago, jbecker said:

Just mailed my shadow 2 slide in to CZ Custom to get the multi optic cut and slide lightening for carry optics

Will report back when it returns 

I'm so close to doing the same thing, but I think I will buy a 2nd Shadow 2 so i can still shoot Production if I like

On 7/7/2018 at 12:25 PM, LMS said:

I had CZC do the multi-optics cut and mounted a DPP and have been happy with both of those choices.

How many rounds have you had through it so far?

On 7/10/2018 at 7:07 PM, LMS said:

About 8000

Thnx.  I just had a DPP start losing the dot after 2200 on a Glock, and I have a buddy who's had multiple units go down. Trying to find a common denominator.

16 minutes ago, YVK said:

Thnx.  I just had a DPP start losing the dot after 2200 on a Glock, and I have a buddy who's had multiple units go down. Trying to find a common denominator.

Bummer.    Once I solved some issues with the mounting screws not holding, it's been flawless, as has my shooting partner's.     I few guys we shoot with have them and are real happy too.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:34 PM, LMS said:

Bummer.    Once I solved some issues with the mounting screws not holding, it's been flawless, as has my shooting partner's.     I few guys we shoot with have them and are real happy too.

How did you solve the issue of mounting screws not holding? My Delta Point Pro flew off during a stage run yesterday. Now the screws won't hold at all.

On 7/11/2018 at 9:34 PM, LMS said:

Mounting screw not holding? what did you have to do?

11 hours ago, tbarker13 said:

How did you solve the issue of mounting screws not holding? My Delta Point Pro flew off during a stage run yesterday. Now the screws won't hold at all.

There's a thread from a while back where I talked about what I did.   Here are my posts in that thread:

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/247614-deltapoint-pro-screw-problem/?do=findComment&comment=2798603

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/247614-deltapoint-pro-screw-problem/?do=findComment&comment=2800799

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/247614-deltapoint-pro-screw-problem/?do=findComment&comment=2801936

Short story, according to me ?, is that there is only about 0.1" of thread below the mounting screw shoulders to grab to the slide.    Some folks, like me, mistakenly torque it down too tight and strip the threads on the screws and have to figure out what to do.   Other folks I know torque it down correctly and loctite it and they are fine.

What I did as described in the links above has worked for me.   Good luck.

Edited by LMS
typo