Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TTI +10 magazine extensions for Glock mags

Their website says for Gen 1 magazines. Anybody know if they work with Current 33rd Gen 4 mags? Im not a Glock guy so I don't know whats different about them, other than 2 rounds. LOL

Just called them. It seems the spring is the issue.

Edited by mpeltier
2 hours ago, mpeltier said:

Their website says for Gen 1 magazines. Anybody know if they work with Current 33rd Gen 4 mags? Im not a Glock guy so I don't know whats different about them, other than 2 rounds. LOL

Just called them. It seems the spring is the issue.

I noticed that gen 1 thing also.

So I didn't even bother to look at it any farther.

I got my base pads yesterday. I can only load 35 rounds in my 9mm 32 round mags. I think this more the function of the springs because they look extremely long. I could only get 39 in my Taylor Freelance extension, so 4 rounds is better than I thought. I am thinking I may need to shave down the back of the follower to ensure that it can slide easily down into the extension. I like the look and feel of them, so I will keep them.

35 rounds sounds about right for the follower to be sticking right at the junction of the mag and base pad/extension. You will probably have to work on the back of the follower and perhaps the rear top of the extension to get the follower to slide by that junction - same as on the TF +10 base pad for many. The spring will eventually take a set and settle in, so I would not be concerned about that.

I wonder if a Grams or TTI follower would do the trick. I used them in open so I think they would work in this application. I guess the only concern I have would be the last four rounds and if the follower would roll over. Just a thought.

My bud that shoots PCC with me has a Sig MPX. He just recently put a TTI base pad on one of his mags and it worked great. He bought another and used it last Sunday and it also worked great, right out of the box.

I have a TF +10 on a Glock mag and it worked great up until two matches ago. I think I have it fixed, it wasn't the TF base pad, it's the follower in the mag. I also recently bought a Dawson +4 toolless base pad and it rules! I put it on an ETS 31 rd mag last Sunday and cold out of the box it performed, on a brand new mag !

Dawson may be the BEST company to buy anything from! The base pad is their own design and they include instructions on how to smooth out the back side of the follower to make it work with their base pad. I used this great intel to try to fix my problem with the TF +10 pad and the Glock mag, we shall see. I would bet it will work.

FYI.............................. Both base pads come with a longer spring. The problem lies where the follower comes out of the extended base pad ( either one) back into the body of the magazine. There is going to be a step or interruption between the two of them, anything you can do to smooth that out will help in feeding, it makes sense. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:29 PM, BiggMike said:

I got my base pads yesterday. I can only load 35 rounds in my 9mm 32 round mags. I think this more the function of the springs because they look extremely long. I could only get 39 in my Taylor Freelance extension, so 4 rounds is better than I thought. I am thinking I may need to shave down the back of the follower to ensure that it can slide easily down into the extension. I like the look and feel of them, so I will keep them.

I got mine yesterday and have the same problem.

20 minutes ago, jualdeaux said:

I got mine yesterday and have the same problem.

Watch the Taylor Freelance video on fixing the issue with the follower.  Both issues sound like the follower is hanging up on the basepad.  

The concern of course is the lower rear edge of the followers.  Mine are aggressively chamfered and I was still hanging up going into the extension.  I could see where it was hitting on the extension.  I resolved this by taking a file (NO DREMELS!) and exaggerated the chamfer on the rear edge of the extension all the way around to where it widens out a bit.  I also extended the chamfer back just a bit towards the retaining pin.  Not much material off at all but more rounding the edges off.  Take a little at a time off.  Material gone is gone forever.  I now get 41 in the mag and no issues coming back up.  Warning:  Do this at your own peril.  YMMV  Taran probably thinks I am an idiot for doing this.  Only available with this TV offer.  Might cause unsightly rash, excessive thirst or a useless mag extension.    

Edited by Neomet

Ordered one to try out, showed up today. Out of the box on the included spring I got 42 non-reloadable in it on a 10+ year old mag tube. It does have a slight hitch while loading around round 35-36 where the follower(my follower was/is tuned for use in a Taylor Freelance 41rd setup) transitions from the mag tube to the extension.  For those that are uncomfortable with modifying their followers, one thing I have found that works with all these big PCC mags that do this is you just hold the mag in your weak hand with thumb pressure down on the top round and smack the baseplate into the palm of your strong hand the follower will make the transition, keep holding that thumb pressure and add and another round, repeat as needed. 

I got mine a few days ago and the new 33 round Glock mag got here yesterday and I am having the same problem as everyone else it seems. I just tried to bevel the follower to try to get it to drop down into the extension and that did work either. I get 35 and it just stops. Not sure what I'm going to next. 

EDIT: Before I finished this post I got a reply back from TTI. They gave me the suggestion Patrick Scott gave. Smack it in your palm or on the floor. 

Hmm.

EDIT 2: Huh, That seemed to work. After cycling past that round 35 a few times, it seemed to figure out how it is supposed to work properly. Go figure.

Edited by jualdeaux