Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger PC vs CZ Scorpion vs MPX

Hello: I have shot all three and the winner is the MPX. The CZ has a heavy bolt that makes it shoot harsher than the other two. The Ruger is just heavy overall but shoots well. This is with all guns using factory 124 and 11 grain ammp. Thanks, Eric

The data I need is a comparison of the three. I get that the MPX is the best. But how close is it to the Ruger and how close is the ruger to the CZ?

Edited by rtr

The Ruger PC is interesting in that it is inexpensive compared to the others.  I’ll admit, I bought an MPX but also cross shopped the RPC.  

The RPC trigger has parts that are interchangeable with the 10/22 so getting a decent trigger was easy.  

Ive also seen video of Taran Butler shooting the RPC and it looks very mild recoiling... but of course, it’s Taran.

45 minutes ago, rtr said:

The data I need is a comparison of the three. I get that the MPX is the best. But how close is it to the Ruger and how close is the ruger to the CZ?

Hello: What do you want it on a scale? What I know is from personal experience. So the MPX is the softest so a 10 on the scale. The CZ is a 6 and the Ruger is a 8. A well setup AR9 is a 9. How is that? Some guys don't mind the recoil but since I have a bad shoulder I like softer shooting PCC's. Thanks, Eric

Not sure where I could reduce the weight. I have removed the factory iron sights. The buttpad was replaced with the Taccom plate. And am using a Vortex Razor red dot. 

So not much more to remove from it unless you know something I don’t?

The scorpion had zero tune ability of its operating system and no slim fore end so it needed to be gone as a game gun for me. 

It did have a very nice manual of arms though.

I noe have a very modded mpx 

On 6/7/2018 at 9:57 PM, johnnjake said:

Where does the CMMG Guard fit on the scale?

Halfway between a well tuned DI 5.56 gun (or the MPX) and a blowback AR.

That’s what it feels like to me; a mix of both. And also totally unique.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
On 6/12/2018 at 3:02 PM, troupe said:

Sig is the best with the Ruger coming in second and the CZ is not in the running.  No offense to a CZ shooter.

I think the CZ was really designed as a sun machine gun. That's why the bolt is so massive and heavy and has the most felt recoil shooting semi. But they are sweet looking and fun to shoot. MPX is hard to beat for competition. Price wise the RPC has lots going for it