Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What is "G" Class???

TreyT

I recently was invited to a USPSA shoot by a friend who wanted to start also. We both currently shoot competitively, but not through any of the sanctioned organizations. Almost everyone in our club is fairly new to the sport. Almost everyone has a Class of "U". My class is listed as G... I did poorly on my first shoot (17 out of 30) but last night i placed 5th overall, and had a successful shoot i was told by the RO at our club. I am confused on the class determinations as i am the only one in our group with a G. 

19 minutes ago, TreyT said:

I recently was invited to a USPSA shoot by a friend who wanted to start also. We both currently shoot competitively, but not through any of the sanctioned organizations. Almost everyone in our club is fairly new to the sport. Almost everyone has a Class of "U". My class is listed as G... I did poorly on my first shoot (17 out of 30) but last night i placed 5th overall, and had a successful shoot i was told by the RO at our club. I am confused on the class determinations as i am the only one in our group with a G. 

Where, exactly, did you see this "G"?

8 minutes ago, Flatland Shooter said:

I don't see a member number.  You do have a current USPSA membership, right?

If not, the G is an error.

No I do not have a membership yet.

2 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

You aren’t registered with uspsa. That is an error

Ok. Thanks. I will bring it up at our next shoot. I should be "U" correct?

Edited by TreyT

Don't know if Practicscore uses USPSA classes or allows clubs to enter what they want.

If the latter it was either a mistake, someone funnin' ya, or maybe they think you should be a G locally (could stand for Grandmaster, geezer, good ol' boy, gee he showed or anything one reason USPSA is a good thing you're class kind of means something there).

Of course the best thing is to show up at the next match dressed up as a sponsored shooter (just look like one) and make a joke out of it.

Or email the club contact and respectfully ask about it?

18 minutes ago, pskys2 said:

Don't know if Practicscore uses USPSA classes or allows clubs to enter what they want.

If the latter it was either a mistake, someone funnin' ya, or maybe they think you should be a G locally (could stand for Grandmaster, geezer, good ol' boy, gee he showed or anything one reason USPSA is a good thing you're class kind of means something there).

Of course the best thing is to show up at the next match dressed up as a sponsored shooter (just look like one) and make a joke out of it.

Or email the club contact and respectfully ask about it?

The classification will be whatever is picked at registration. If the shooter has a valid USPSA number and whoever is running things does a classification update, things are brought back to reality.

InkedScreenshot_20180422-094418_LI.thumb.jpg.928369fe6e86e3236c0947a024dadaf5.jpg

11 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Whoever sets up the match on Practiscore puts in "G" or "GM".

Current examples are for some local matches is "Kidlat" uses "GM" and "TTS USPSA" uses "G".

1 hour ago, 9x45 said:

It's got to be on the results posting side then, because sign up doesn't show that.

gm g.jpg

Yup, sort of. Go  into an existing match you may have on your tablet/phone and add a shooter. You will see that it only offers single letters for class. The online registration offers 2.

16 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Current examples are for some local matches is "Kidlat" uses "GM" and "TTS USPSA" uses "G".

Practiscore online signup for Kidlat match.

KIDLAT.jpg

Edited by Flatland Shooter

16 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Practiscore online signup for TTS USPSA match

TTS USPSA.jpg

Edited by Flatland Shooter