Broski

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Trentmopar said:

Wish they had better distributors in the US.  I tried a couple companies but they don't have much information and there is little to know information on available replacement parts and magazines.  They seem like a great gun too!

Gparms.com is a great us distributor for Bul and Gilbert knows everything about them and parts etc. Give him a holler. We spoke for about an hr on the different models. Helped me decide which to get . Hope this helps 

I understand that trying to find accessories is a pain on certain firearms. Good thing that bul uses it's own mag design and can order online and MBX makes a mag for the bul line which makes it easier to get em . But definitely  give him a call and see if he can put them worries at ease.  You won't regret getting one . 👊🏻 

50 minutes ago, Revofan said:

Anyone shooting one of these open guns at steel challenge or falling steel matches ??

try their shorty open gun .we have one in ours club. perfect gun for this mission.

No photo description available.

Edited by yigal

1 hour ago, Revofan said:

Very nice any video of this one in action

my great computer skills  😀don't allow me to show it in this forum.  

very flat gun. with factory ammo minor loads. this gun belongs to member of this forum . i hope he can do it.

5 hours ago, wolffy1876 said:

They had a display tent at Tennessee Atomic Blast this year.  Didn't shoot one but did gt to check them out.  Fit and finish look good.  

u can take apart them . u will find that quality is like DW custom guns .and much better than STI.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like they are making a big push in the US, they have been all over the USPSA facebook page for the last few months.

Their base level limited gun looks nice, and at 2k, maybe it could fill the void now that the edge is gone for that division.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like BUL has come a long way in a short amount of time, if 20 years is a short amount of time....that's how long they were building Kimber and for the military in Israel and a very quiet company called "Magnum Research" making specialty firearms... I ran across them a few months ago at a gun store in Greenville SC where they had a beautiful new stainless steel 1911 flying the flag of the "Desert Eagle 1911U" ... it's an 8 shot with a 3 inch barrel that fires off  45ACP  --  and it's been dead on the money quickly and quietly after 550 rounds --  besides it looks great with those G-10 grips in silver, grey and black wrapping around the handle.

I'm kind of a 1911 freak, I already have 3 1911's with big names.. but I was so impressed with my DE1911U, I'm having one built as we chat....  it's a BUL Armory 1911 Classic ULTRA with a 3.25 barrel in stainless, with a gold titanium nitrate barrel with the matching trigger and the G-10 grips in OD green in the "slash and burn" style,  with the golden titanium Torx grip screws to match the barrel and trigger -- this is a custom Officer size 9MM to match my hand and grip........ for a lot less than $1,500 dollars.

Gilbert Perez is the distributor in this part of the country, he's super knowledgeable and patient. he's been a professional shooter for the last 30 years and knows his stuff

1-865-235-8629   Gparms.com 

I shot a number of 9 Open and 40 cal BUL guns. I was not impressed.

It could be that out of the box they pale side-by-side with well running SVI and STI guns but I'm not buying.

In case you decide on metal grip - you absolutely must handle one in-person first. It's too rounded - feels narrow, and slippery; the machining is about looks not function. Totally different style than modern 2011 grip.

The grip itself is a two-piece part. Not like SVI grip where trigger guard is a separate part, but there are right and left pieces. They are well matched together thought.

On 12/1/2019 at 10:20 AM, arkadi said:

I shot a number of 9 Open and 40 cal BUL guns. I was not impressed.

It could be that out of the box they pale side-by-side with well running SVI and STI guns but I'm not buying.

In case you decide on metal grip - you absolutely must handle one in-person first. It's too rounded - feels narrow, and slippery; the machining is about looks not function. Totally different style than modern 2011 grip.

The grip itself is a two-piece part. Not like SVI grip where trigger guard is a separate part, but there are right and left pieces. They are well matched together thought.

Have you shot any BUL's in the last 2 years...?  ..   it's a changing world.   My neighbor has 2 STI's and not too happy with them.. one is the Executive 14+1 40S&W 5.0 which he carried for his business and that's been in the shop twice because of a ejector issue with only 30 rounds  and  his STI Staccato XC that's been back in the shop for a extractor problem with less than 50 rounds ... neither one would  be back in the shop if they were properly handled at the factory with quality control measures...  so over $7,000 spent for headaches, time to change brands.

Steel grips.? ... most police/military officers won't carry them for the simple reason if you need to pull your gun and it's hot with humidity or damp from rain or sweat, there's a real good chance you'll never get a firm grip  -- it's like grabbing for a wet golf club with a steel shaft  -  it's nonsense, you got nothing.

The best grips right now are the G10's... you can have them cut sliced or diced in any color or any grip angle and made perfect for anyone's hand size and thickness - and the weather or the humidity or the rain or the double cheeseburger won't hurt them. 

There's a guy in Ohio who is an artist with them "Matt Stoner CNC" and he does great work for very fair prices, check out his sight:www.stonercnc.com

-

Edited by Simpson

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2019 at 2:06 PM, infinity38s45 said:

Gilbert perez Gp arms in tennessee,  i bought my open sas2 from him, very nice person  tell him i recomend, mention my name ruel and you most likely to get better deal,

And your name is?