Bul Armory?

Broski

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From everything I gathered, bul  is a diamond in the rough ,so to speak....  too bad they don’t have a meaningful presence here in the USA.

Certainly seem to be in a higher quality  class of STI( which has fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years ,with sub par cs ,terrible quality and weird models),or any of the other semi custom 2011 shops.....

Edited by Ozy

10 hours ago, Ozy said:

From everything I gathered, bul  is a diamond in the rough ,so to speak....  too bad they don’t have a meaningful presence here in the USA.

Certainly seem to be in a higher quality  class of STI( which has fallen by the wayside in the last couple of years ,with sub par cs ,terrible quality and weird models),or any of the other semi custom 2011 shops.....

soon .

next month u will see all details on their official site.

u can see their products at shot show  under IFC.   Bul Armory

Edited by yigal

On a local forum, somebody expressed a concern about BUL, in a 1911 discussion. He had handled some BULs at a European show and found that the 1911 barrel was resting on the link, instead of the lower lug. That did not happen with the 2011 models that were at hand.

Any comments? Yigal?

4 hours ago, perttime said:

On a local forum, somebody expressed a concern about BUL, in a 1911 discussion. He had handled some BULs at a European show and found that the 1911 barrel was resting on the link, instead of the lower lug. That did not happen with the 2011 models that were at hand.

Any comments? Yigal?

yes . that's correct .😪

now in all  new models  lower lug fitment made by mill and not by hand.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:05 PM, KrisS said:

Please find image of a slide stop with the signs from lower lugs. if there are marks then the lower lugs contact the slide stop. This is at least how it looks in mine (Bul SAS Ii UR Open)

IG8Nv9i.jpg

this is the underside of the slidestop, the only thing you see is the mark of the link from pulling the barrel out of lock up.

The BUL pistols I have seen on the IWA gunshow 2 and 3 years back where that good I didn't even stopped at there boot the last year..

they are expensive here in Europe, even more expensive than a full custom made of top quality parts...

I have not seen a current model not older than 1 year

18 hours ago, NinerRider said:

I see where Preppers carries them but they aren't in stock.

i almost bought the last open one they had.  Glad i did not because i did not realize it did not take StI mags .  if they did take STI type mag i would beleive they would sell a few 

I have a friend who's a sponsored steel shooter. He just got one a little while ago and seems to really like it. He's on Facebook and I am sure he would be glad to give you some feedback and answer any questions if you contact him there. His name is Trenton Mitsuoka, super nice guy.

13 hours ago, KrisS said:

As for the photo - it seems that you are right. So here is the top of the slide stop. Not sure but it seems that on the photo below there is a sign of the link and two spots where it touches the lower lugs.

kPgeTvX.jpg

you see 2 marks where the barrellugs touch the slidestop before the link pushes the barrel in lock up. the center mark is from the link pushing the barrel up in lock up

"normal" for a middle class pistol (like SPS), but here in Belgium you pay more than a handfitted custom... so I rather pay 1000 euro less for a correct build pistol.

a long link is a tuning method from the time there where no oversized barrels, long link is fast and cheap to take away some play. problem is that the link in lock up is just over it's highest point... this will result in extra stress on link, link pin and slidestop. 

gr T

• 3 months later...

I just picked up a a Bul Armory SAS II Air for a Limited USPSA .40 cal. It is silky smooth, crisp trigger, and fast. Machine work is outstanding. i would put it way above an STI.

I have not shot it in a match yet.  Mine will take Gen 1 STI mags, Armscor mags623645216_BulSAS2.thumb.jpeg.dbafb85a1164d371671d34ef7b62a5ae.jpeg, or MBC Extreme mags.

3 hours ago, RichardKamp said:

I just picked up a a Bul Armory SAS II Air for a Limited USPSA .40 cal. It is silky smooth, crisp trigger, and fast. Machine work is outstanding. i would put it way above an STI.

I have not shot it in a match yet.  Mine will take Gen 1 STI mags, Armscor mags623645216_BulSAS2.thumb.jpeg.dbafb85a1164d371671d34ef7b62a5ae.jpeg, or MBC Extreme mags.

yes ,they works  sti mags .but their lips  leave small scratches  inside the slide. use Bul original mags  and u will discover that they hold more time than u want.😉