Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets talk MOA’s

So I think I think I decided on a C-More sight for my PCC.  Now the question I have is what MOA are the top shooters using?  My 1st guess would be a 6 or 8 MOA.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

I have a 6 moa Dot,  and sometimes during the right conditions I will not even turn it up all the way to make the dot appear smaller.   You could also do the same with an 8moa dot...  so, if it's super bright out like here in Florida, sometimes a 6moa gets kinda small in super bright light even at full power..   That's when I wish I had an 8.

I used a Holosun with a 2 moa red dot at our match yesterday. It doesn't wash out when the Sun is really bright like the C-More does, and it's very precise. Great for the longer distances. 

Going to try a green dot Holosun before too long. 

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:47 PM, jtrump said:

I have a 6 moa Dot,  and sometimes during the right conditions I will not even turn it up all the way to make the dot appear smaller.   You could also do the same with an 8moa dot...  so, if it's super bright out like here in Florida, sometimes a 6moa gets kinda small in super bright light even at full power..   That's when I wish I had an 8.

I have a 6 and a 8 moa dot.  The 6moa dot is on my USPSA PCC and I really like it.  I have an 8moa dot on a dedicated Steel Challenge PCC.  I really can't notice the difference between them.  

I live in Florida too!  I found a little secret I'll share with you.  Try using polarized sunglasses with the c-more.  I use my Costa Del Mar's and it makes the dot pop while removing all of the glare.  It made a big difference in my ability to "see" faster.

On 3/27/2018 at 4:23 AM, stick said:

I have a 6 and a 8 moa dot.  The 6moa dot is on my USPSA PCC and I really like it.  I have an 8moa dot on a dedicated Steel Challenge PCC.  I really can't notice the difference between them.  

I live in Florida too!  I found a little secret I'll share with you.  Try using polarized sunglasses with the c-more.  I use my Costa Del Mar's and it makes the dot pop while removing all of the glare.  It made a big difference in my ability to "see" faster.

Good to know Stick,  I'm not entirely sure if my shooting glasses are polarized or not...  But I do get some glare so that would lead me to assume they are not!