Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reliable Trigger for MP.X

I messaged Hiperfire to confirm that their trigger is covered by warrantee in the MPX.
They told me that any of their 24 series works and is covered. 
I have the 24C in my carbine and the 24-3G in my pistol.
Both feel fantastic.
Check out Timney triggers. They just released an an MPX specific version.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My Hiperfire worked great.... for about 8,000 rounds.  Yesterday at the range it developed the issues one normally sees when triggers get beat up in PCCs.  I immediately removed the malfunctioning trigger and have replaced it with a new 24C.  

19 minutes ago, Neomet said:

My Hiperfire worked great.... for about 8,000 rounds.  Yesterday at the range it developed the issues one normally sees when triggers get beat up in PCCs.  I immediately removed the malfunctioning trigger and have replaced it with a new 24C.  

I just look at the trigger as a consumable, the price you pay for a nice clean break. I got about a year  out of my B-GRF ( 10,000 rounds).  I replaced it with a SD3G that in approaching a year and 15,000 rounds however it is not showing any signs of abnormal wear yet.

I'll jump on the Hiperfire bandwagon... got an Eclipse when they were on sale for slightly less than the normal 24 in January with a new MPX build and it's an amazing trigger.  Low end for failure seems to be around 4000 rounds, and high end 8000-9000.  That's between 6 months and a year for me at my current pace of just under a case a month.  Annoying to have to replace at that rate, but realistically as 2011BLDR puts it above it's a consumable part... buy ~6 cases of ammo on average and a new trigger.  ;-)

The issue seems to be the violence with which the hammer is driven back through the disconnector.  The stock trigger has a plastic bridge in place that I assume works as a cheap wear part to take the blow.  Not sure why it's so difficult for other trigger manufacturers to put in a similar wear part to take the impact, but I guess the return rate isn't bad enough for it to be worth it.  It definitely increases your roulette if you're at a major match that you spent $$$ to attend and you've got a 4K+ trigger in there... it's probably worth it to swap it out before you go if you don't have a complete backup gun to use.

The SLT trigger series claims to have solved this issue, and I'm interested in trying one if the Eclipse fails prematurely.  It doesn't use a disconnector... the hammer is just shoved out of the way by the bolt with crashing through anything.  It hasn't been out long enough to get a definitive read on it.  One early user in the MPX had failures at the 1000 round level, but SLT determined it was a manufacturing fault and not just the MPX beating it to death, and I haven't seen anyone else reporting an issue.  It's supposedly a great feeling trigger, but a hair heavier at 4# compared to the heaviest springs (lightest pull) of the Hiperfire (2.5-3#). 

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my MPX K and found out that Timney released their new MPX trigger replacement. This seems a new trigger instead of the ones that people were installing back in 2016/2017. Have anyone installed one of these yet? Do you guys believe that since this one has a steel bridge it will withstand the brute impact of the bolt or should it still be a given this is a wear part that will require replacement after several thousand rounds?

Just got my MPX K and found out that Timney released their new MPX trigger replacement. This seems a new trigger instead of the ones that people were installing back in 2016/2017. Have anyone installed one of these yet? Do you guys believe that since this one has a steel bridge it will withstand the brute impact of the bolt or should it still be a given this is a wear part that will require replacement after several thousand rounds?

Shooting that in IDPA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk