Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Serious question, PCC transition from left shoulder to right shouler

On 2/11/2018 at 4:55 AM, jlo86cj said:

When forced to by a WSB I use the technique in the video. Any other time I just switch shoulders, keep my strong hand on the grip and use a second offset optic.

When you use the offset optic on your weak side, you use your weak side eye, correct?

Reason I ask is I use my weak side eye but it really slows things down. I don't know if there are any other decent options.

15 hours ago, Patrick Scott said:

I keep both eyes open no matter which side the gun is on. It took a little while to get my brain to work the images right and its not 100% consistent yet, but its getting there. 

this, but it does suck when you close your weak side eye when shooting on your weak side. Makes it hard to find the dot and costs you a few seconds till your brain kicks in lol

What FLETC teaches for carbine,

move the hand on fire control to the hand guard or front of the magwell first, then switch shoulders and then switch hands. That way when the weapon is being moved from one shoulder to the next no hand is on fire control. 

seems to me a key point that I missed earlier is the hand should be bladed when coming onto Fire Control from the handguard area, as he does in "MakeReady" Vid. This would have avoided the middle finger dragging and pulling trigger

ETA: Dave Neth blades it also in the above FN Vid

Edited by bladewurk
On 2/12/2018 at 12:21 PM, Patrick Scott said:

I slide my weak hand rear on the handguard until it contacts the receiver and I grip the receiver like a pistol grip.

I move the gun to the weak side.

I strong hand goes to firing position on handguard.

Weak hand goes to grip.

Its been working for me so far. 

++

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Patrick Scott said:

I slide my weak hand rear on the handguard until it contacts the receiver and I grip the receiver like a pistol grip.

I move the gun to the weak side.

I strong hand goes to firing position on handguard.

Weak hand goes to grip.

Its been working for me so far. 

That's the way I do it, too. But the video method is ok also.

It's pretty funny that I actually had to go back to videos of myself to see how I do it... I ended up noticing that I have more than one technique, that seems to vary based on what is in front of me or if I am moving

I suppose it would be appropriate to differentiate between stages that REQUIRE weak hand shooting and stages where it is merely encouraged by stage design.  I make this distinction because if weak side is not required, I am about 50/50 between transitioning to weak shoulder but retaining strong hand firing grip and weak hand on the tube and bending so the gun is horizontal (think table start).  

.  If I am moving and/or don't have anything in front of me, I use the "Neth" technique, with the exception that I don't subscribe to the Costa method of stretching my arms out as far as possible on the forearm, so I am as likely to leave my strong hand on the magwell or at least choked up closer.

And then we have the barricade with a box that is crowded with a pistol, and worse with a PCC.  For that, I seem to do about the same thing, but I go muzzle down, move the stock past my chin, then switch hands and bring it back up.