Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grip enhancer?

RolexJohn

I've heard Max Michele and Ben Stoeger talk about using some sort of grip enhancing lotion or application before they shoot...Grip Pro?  Pro Grip?  Does anyone use such a product?  Have any links to purchase it?

-John

Edited by RolexJohn

• 2 weeks later...

I use a tacky grip if it is really raining badly. I use a drying grip if I sweaty.

I like lotion dispenser over pump for Progrip because the pump clogs easily in my experience. I also put a projectile inside the container to really agitate it when I shake it as the stuff will thicken in colder weather.

To me, it does provide a benefit. I also agree when people like Ben and others say if you use it in live fire, use it in your dry fire.. As it does change things just a little.

I rub it all over the palms of both hands and the back (dorsal side) of my main hand so my support hand has something to get a hold of. I do not put it on the pad of my trigger finger.

The liquid grip looks like you're covered in plaster, but people swear by it.

I've used a tacky aerosol spray, climbers chalk, powdered rosin, weight lifters grip spray, hair spray, corn starch, pro grip, and a tennis grip thing made by Prince.

• 1 month later...

Just discovered this thread.  I remember an interview that Jerry Miculek did back when he was all about revolver speed records where he said that the “grip chalk” he used was actually corn starch.  My memory says that needed something to SLICKEN his hands across his non-checkered revolver grips to perform revolver reloads fast enough with the grip shift involved but it may have been to increase tackiness.  

Edited by jkrispies

4 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

Im sure that works too.  Seems like it would leave an undesirable texture but maybe not. 

I wondered the same thing. I never tried it though. I use the same stuff everybody else uses.