Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Batteries

Lately, it seems as though my C-more sight has gotten dimmer. The dot doesn't seem to be visible outdoors except on the brightest setting. That hasn't always been the case. The only place I've been able to find batteries for it is at Radio Shack. I'd like to find Duracells via the web. Any advice?

I really shouldn't give away this secret, but.. lighted fishing bobber batteries are exactly the same 2-per C-more batteries and only $1.50 a two-pack. They are also frequently still in stock after shooters have cleaned out the battery section at the big-match MegaMart..

A dimmer dot could also be a dirty dot module.

I really shouldn't give away this secret, but.. lighted fishing bobber batteries are exactly the same 2-per C-more batteries and only $1.50 a two-pack.  They are also frequently still in stock after shooters have cleaned out the battery section at the big-match MegaMart..

shred do you have a part number or reference? you mean i will use 2 button batteries each with 1.5v? Or is it the same as the cmore battery 3volts drum type? Thanks.

jason

I really shouldn't give away this secret, but.. lighted fishing bobber batteries are exactly the same 2-per C-more batteries and only $1.50 a two-pack.   They are also frequently still in stock after shooters have cleaned out the battery section at the big-match MegaMart..

shred do you have a part number or reference? you mean i will use 2 button batteries each with 1.5v? Or is it the same as the cmore battery 3volts drum type? Thanks.

jason

Jason, look for the Energizer LR44.

I really shouldn't give away this secret, but.. lighted fishing bobber batteries are exactly the same 2-per C-more batteries and only $1.50 a two-pack.  They are also frequently still in stock after shooters have cleaned out the battery section at the big-match MegaMart..

jason

You have to go to the fishing department and ask for replacement bobber batteries-- I don't think they have a part #. IME, they're the same batteries they sell up front in the camera section for twice as much-- LR44-sized, usually Energizer or Eveready, and possibly on the downside of their shelf-life expectancy, but they work. Stack the two 1.5v cells up and they make a replacement for the 3v cell specified for the C-more.

LR44-sized

You gotta be shittin me! I've been looking all over town for that stupid 2L76. LR-44's are as common as AA's. I don't mind just buying them from Shooters Connection, but when your in a pinch it's good to know.

Thanks guys!

You really didn't want to hear this, but 2LR76 means roughly "two LR76's stacked up" in battery-speak.

Often if you disassemble the can of a bigger, some-multiple-of-1.5-volt-battery, you'll find a stack of 1.5v coin cells inside.

• 10 months later...
I really shouldn't give away this secret, but.. lighted fishing bobber batteries are exactly the same 2-per C-more batteries and only $1.50 a two-pack. They are also frequently still in stock after shooters have cleaned out the battery section at the big-match MegaMart..

jason

Jason, look for the Energizer LR44.

bought a 20 pack of A76's on ebay for $8 shipped...there are tons out there...

• 2 weeks later...
www.batteriesplus.com

i work for them and we have over 260 stores cost to cost and you can now order online.

I have had great experiences with Batteries Plus. They have every battery I have ever needed and the staff is fascinated when they learn what the batteries I am purchasing are for (scopes, ProEars, etc.).

And they take in your old batteries for disposal.

-Chet

FWIW, Wal-Mart seems to have discontinued the flshing bobber batteries. I place blame squarely on j1b ;)

If your local Radio Shack goes out of business (seems like a lot are right now), go in there and clean them out of batteries-- ~$1.60/ea for the 1/3N's.