Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PSA AR-9 complete on sale for $550

Honestly, I cannot think of a single PCC that you can buy that needs nothing to be a top flight competition gun.  Most of the $1,500+ guns come with mil-spec or similar triggers.  Most are way too heavy and you need to customize them to your liking.

I made it to "M" in six months with one nearly identical to this gun.  My only changes were the addition of a C-More red dot, Hiperfire 24c,  a Miculek style comp, and a "bmiller" mag well.

I have over 9,000 rds through it with minimal problems.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

I have one very similar.  Nothing wrong with it at all.  I have a c-more red dot, Hiperfire 24C, a Taccom 3 stage buffer and a BMiller Mag well in mine.  It runs like a top.

My daughter has one too, except she has a Taccom ULW Barrel, carbon fiber handguard, Hiperfire 24C and a Taccom 3 stage buffer.

Maybe everyone who keeps knocking them is try to justify why they are getting beat by PCC Shooters who run them and didn't pay 2k for their model.

Edited by stick

I have a PSA 9mm PCC. I took it out of the box, checked the bore and fired a hundred rounds thru it, not one issue, now entering the 3rd year, never cleaned it, shot in two USPSA and one 3 gun..Never one issue... It's dead on and shoots one hole at 25 yards with red dot.. I'm now afraid to clean it because it might screw it up lol... But it's got well over a thousand rounds and no probs... Now I haven't tried it with HP ammo which I need to do because I bought 500 rounds of good stuff for the Zombie Apoc.. So far it handled every commercial load and my hand loads no problems..all with standard 9mm ball... 

Your mileage might differ but this is mine...

I did buy a Lone Wolf .40 that wouldn't feed anything. Got a refund... Now getting a .40 upper made by Rudy at Macon Armory that he will guarantee to run on my PSA 9mm lower with zero issues.  

Hey all. Is this a proprietary upper and lower? Could someone only buy one of PSA’s 9mm uppers and slap it on a standard lower receiver? Maybe a couple parts changes?

I’m only asking because I have an SBR lower and thought a short barrel 9 would be a great addition especially for the wife an kiddo to shoot.

12 minutes ago, JerZSquid said:

Hey all. Is this a proprietary upper and lower? Could someone only but one of PSA’s 9mm uppers and slap it on a standard lower receiver? Maybe a couple parts changes?

I’m only asking because I have an SBR lower and thought a short barrel 9 would be a great addition especially for the wife an kiddo to shoot.

Nothing proprietary about these at all.

Pardon my semi-rude but genuine question, and this is not meant for any sort of competition, but if you're doing a PCC with a shorter barrel, like the 7" ones they have listed... isn't it entirely pointless? Wouldn't a Glock 34 or 17L with some sort of buttstock do exactly the same thing? 

And for that matter, could you run a buttstock enabled RMR Glock and be competitive? 

Again I'm not trying to start a fight or be a dick (much) but honestly is a pistol and a PCC that far apart? 

Edited by Frankly
33 minutes ago, Frankly said:

Pardon my semi-rude but genuine question, and this is not meant for any sort of competition, but if you're doing a PCC with a shorter barrel, like the 7" ones they have listed... isn't it entirely pointless? Wouldn't a Glock 34 or 17L with some sort of buttstock do exactly the same thing? 

And for that matter, could you run a buttstock enabled RMR Glock and be competitive? 

Again I'm not trying to start a fight or be a dick (much) but honestly is a pistol and a PCC that far apart? 

Can't run a pistol in PCC.  The short barrel stuff with either a tax stamp or a Sig brace is just for fun.  I have a 4" barreled PSA that is just a range toy.  Wish I could run it in competition but no go.  Can really drive that gun fast and corners/ports are not as much issue.

8 minutes ago, ArcherAdrian said:

This makes me wonder what they have planned for shot show. Only thing holding me back from buying my first pcc or this one is that I may regret it after shot show.

The thing is, with PSA if they bring something new to SHOT it will be a year or more before they release it to the public.

I have 2 PSA AR-9's...love them. They are accurate and well made. I have to admit I am very tempted to add a third at this price.

And just about anything you want to add to them will work.
I added a Odin stock and buffer, Odin mag release, Hiperfire 24c and a C-More Railway, a PSA comp (not sure who makes it) and a BIG barn door size charging handle.  This thing runs like a charm and eats any load I throw at it.

My PCC -Both Sides-1000.png

Edited by DenverDave

I have heard of chamber issues from two fellow competitors. One was using factory 147 gr Lawmen and the other tried his reloads made for a G17. I believe their problems were mostly chamber freebore related. Many times PCC barrels have short throats that cause issues with longer OAL ammo. I personally have a KVP barreled upper that needed finish reaming to run anything but the shortest self defense bullets. 

One guy ended up returning his for a refund and the other is trying to get his worked out with help from a PSA employee. 

1 hour ago, Bluemooncricket said:

I have heard of chamber issues from two fellow competitors. One was using factory 147 gr Lawmen and the other tried his reloads made for a G17. I believe their problems were mostly chamber freebore related. Many times PCC barrels have short throats that cause issues with longer OAL ammo. I personally have a KVP barreled upper that needed finish reaming to run anything but the shortest self defense bullets. 

One guy ended up returning his for a refund and the other is trying to get his worked out with help from a PSA employee. 

How old were they?  Older PSA barrels had a pretty short chamber, the newer barrels are stamped "PCC CHAMBER" and are generously chambered.

12 minutes ago, JerZSquid said:

Can someone please break this down to a third grade level so I can understand. Can I slap a PSA AR9 upper on a standard lower? Is there an adapter to be able to use the magazines?

They will attach to almost any AR15 or AR9 style lower.  If you're running it on an AR15 lower, you'll need an adaptor.  I've been running one on a SAA lower with a TorkMag G Block adaptor.  Took me about 5 mins to to install and tune it, but it's been running great since then.  You'll also need a PCC specific buffer and spring setup.

33 minutes ago, Bluemooncricket said:

I’m not sure of their build dates but they were purchased last year.

The new PSA Barrels have this stamped by the muzzle (See pic).  This is from my daughters PCC bought in November.  My PCC is slightly older and just says PSA 1:10

pcc barrel.jpg