Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Open Lim10

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear that there will be some dual-sighted Open guns. A dime worth of Velco, a ten-dollar Photon-II (with the on/off slide switch), and presto...DUAL "sighting devices." Since both the dot and the Photon are considered "sighting devices", they can be started on or off at the shooter's convenience (as long as they are both physically on the gun for the entire match) :)

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag..._flashlight.jpg

Alex

I hear that there will be some dual-sighted Open guns.  A dime worth of Velco, a ten-dollar Photon-II (with the on/off slide switch), and presto...DUAL "sighting devices."  Since both the dot and the Photon are considered "sighting devices", they can be started on or off at the shooter's convenience (as long as they are both physically on the gun for the entire match) :)

http://www.dreadnaught-industries.com/imag..._flashlight.jpg

That's pretty cool. B)

But I guess that's what Troy was referencing at the shooter's meeting this afternoon. <_<

-Chet

This our first Nationals and we're pretty excited!

The shooter's packets contained t-shirts, pins and name tags along with the usual assortment of sponsor-supplied trinkets.

The range is pretty and it's not even hot compared to this year's Area 4 match!

Here was our favorite thing so far:

Graffitti under the I-72 overpass!

post-553-1121901973_thumb.jpg

-Chet

This our first Nationals and we're pretty excited!

The shooter's packets contained t-shirts, pins and name tags along with the usual assortment of sponsor-supplied trinkets.

The range is pretty and it's not even hot compared to this year's Area 4 match!

Here was our favorite thing so far:

Graffitti under the I-72 overpass!

post-553-1121901973_thumb.jpg

-Chet

Oh that's funny! I though Erik Warren didn't go to the Nationals this year? :P

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Q. How do you know there's a Nationals going on ?

A. Fom the surrounding rooms in the hotel you can hear the sounds of slides being racked and magazines hitting the floor.

I hope these guys checked the chambers first, these walls look a tad on the thin side. :unsure:

That is amusing...so Troy decided that the IPSC rules don't apply to USPSA? Andthis affter he admitted that flashlights are sighting devices (in accordance with published IPSC rules clarifications) on the IPSC Global Village last month :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, good stuff...

Alex

That is amusing...so Troy decided that the IPSC rules don't apply to USPSA?  Andthis affter he admitted that flashlights are sighting devices (in accordance with published IPSC rules clarifications) on the IPSC Global Village last month  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yeah, good stuff...

Alex

Troy's explanation was that the IPSC rules had not been approved by the BOD

Have fun!

...so Troy decided that the IPSC rules don't apply to USPSA?

Nope...Troy didn't decide anything. We (USPSA) use the USPSA version of the rule book...our green book...not the (slightly different) IPSC rule book.

There has been some recent clarity involed with the IPSC interpretations of rules that they post on the IPSC website. Those are official for IPSC only.

For USPSA, we have our book, and we have our USPSA interpretations...which are posted on the USPSA website. The USPSA interpretations get run past the USPSA BOD and get posted under NROI Rulings (click here).

So what are the predictions for Limited 10? Who will win? Odds-on-favorites? Dark horses? Unknown quantities (IPSC shooters)??? Let's hear your picks & why.

D.C. Johnson

PS - I just got back from the Production, revolver & ltd Nationals last night & had a great time; thanks goes out to USPSA and especially all the volunteer CRO, RO & admin staff that made it possible; our group from Area 8 had a ton of fun & I will definitely be back next year - maybe even switching from Limited to Production.

How can you pick a "odds-on favorite" from this posse?

Squad 14

Ltd 10 Super Squad

No Slots Available

----------------------

Ron Avery - L10

Emanuel Bragg - L10

Jerry Brown - L10

Larry Brown - L10

Michael Burrell - L10

Taran Butler - L10

Kert Gaskill - L10

Paul Hendrix - L10

Doug Koenig - L10

Rob Leatham - L10

Blake Miguez - L10

Matthew Mink - L10

Mike Seeklander - L10

Dave Sevigny - L10

Roger Sherman - L10

Phil Strader - L10

Travis Tomasie - L10

Michael Voigt - L10

Damn...

If you look at the (mostly meaningless) Top 20 list in L-10, the Top 5 includes Super Squad members:

Rob

Phil and

Taran

I would think that Rob and Phil have the best chance based on their finishes in the past (Rob & Phil were 1&2 year before last) and on the fact that they just shot the COF in Limited (though with different targets). My money is on (big surprise) Phil.

D.

www.shootersparadise.com

So what are the predictions for Limited 10? Who will win? Odds-on-favorites? Dark horses? Unknown quantities (IPSC shooters)??? Let's hear your picks & why.

I'll predict that the L10 winner this year isn't shooting a 1911 based gun.

"I'll predict that the L10 winner this year isn't shooting a 1911 based gun."

Matt Mink is on the squad & he is now on Team CZ-USA; could the .40 cal CZ come out on top? Have to wait & see.

Considering the talent on that squad, nothing would surprise me.