Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals 2005 - Lim Prod Rev

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed this issue at the few big matches I've attended.  Seems really strange that EZWinScore doesn't handle this simple task considering all the much more complex things it does do.  Who does the EZWinScore development?  Is there a feature request system?

It's not a "simple task". Show me 50 match directors and I'll show you 50 different prize structures. The difficulty isn't doing it with a set prize format (I've seen and used a test version that does that); the difficulty rather is allowing the end user to customize it to his particular needs. Be patient: its in the works.

It's not a "simple task". Show me 50 match directors and I'll show you 50 different prize structures. The difficulty isn't doing it with a set prize format (I've seen and used a test version that does that); the difficulty rather is allowing the end user to customize it to his particular needs. Be patient: its in the works.

Ahhh I see. I come from an IDPA background and in that sport the award/prize policy for major matches is fixed and dictated in the rulebook. I didn't realize that this was not the case for USPSA matches.

So my earlier questions are really moot - the match organizers can do what they want. Is the "sweet 16" just a term used at Nationals? Do any other matches have this kind of "top X" group? Until my buddy called me from Nats I thought awards were simply High Overall for a given division followed by class awards similar to IDPA.

I seem to remember seeing prize info on match apps in Front Sight. I need to pay more attention to them to get a better idea of how things actually work.

-Vincent

Well, got home Thursday night, but have bee slammed with things to do since being gone for 5 days. This was my first Nationals, but not the last, I will definitely go again next year. Great match, great people and loads of fun. Finished 22nd in Production. Not as good as I could have, but average for the first time. Two mistakes I made the last day cost me 17th. Oh well, live and learn.

Sevigny is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! I watched Dave on about 5 stages and he is incredible. He RARELY makes a mistake and is so smooth, fast and consistent, EVERY, SINGLE STAGE!!!!

I watched numerous people cheer when one of the Production shooters shot a stage about 2 seconds faster than anyone else had gone through. Then Dave stepped up right after him and took off another 2.1 seconds off his time.

Matthew Mink shot a smoking run on Stage 17, and no one thought it could be beat, at least time wise, maybe someone could get close on points. Dave walks up and knocks off 1.09 seconds off Mink's time. I've never seen anything like him when he shoots. I gotta tell you, Mink and Angus shot a damn good match and if not for Sevigny, would be ruling Production, but Sevigny is amazing, especially after his Lim10 win now. I can't believe Sevigny won Lim10.

I talked to Dave at the match, near the end of Prod Nationals and he told me he didn't think it would affect him that much. He said he will drop less points shooting Major than shooting Minor and he only loses .1-.2 off his time shooting Major. Well, he was right.

I hear lawman has some incredible Split times with that G17 too ;)

I shot an OK match i had a few good stages that i felt solid on.. others... welll pretty crappy. i shot a G17 (not that anybody cares) which didn't fit me.

once i learn to find that happy spot more often i'll do a lot better in overall results. i think this forum has brought a LOT of shooters up in skill over the past year just from looking at results... Glad to meet all of you that i did!

Fun match, from hard to easy stages. Good staff for the most part. Heat was unbearable. Driving back home I realized I was dehydrated and spent all day Sunday recuperating.

Dave shot an awesome match. He's human though, and beatable, we just have to stop making stupid mistakes. Angus shot really well, and shot well enough to pass me the 3rd day, and nobody saw that coming.

Highlight of the match: Angus throwing Jason (CZ-USA PR) off of the golf cart coming down the hill at about 30 mph. :lol:

Yeah, I don't like the 34.  It feels like it has more muzzle flip to me.  The 17 does everything I need it to and feels faster.

Just think, if the 34 was faster for you, you might could get .08 splits on 15 yard partials! :P

If nobody has seen Chuck's splits on targets, it is something worth seeing! :o

For any of you guys that were at the Nationals - Did you get your World Shoot Shirts? That is if you are going to the WS. If so, what do you think?

For those of you who were not at the Nationals and are going to the WS, have you received your shirts, yet? Assuming you ordered shirts.

Just curious.

For any of you guys that were at the Nationals - Did you get your World Shoot Shirts?  That is if you are going to the WS.  If so, what do you think?

For those of you who were not at the Nationals and are going to the WS, have you received your shirts, yet?  Assuming you ordered shirts.

Just curious.

I'm not going but I noticed during sign-up that a table had a bunch of the shirts all labelled for some of the shooters. So some people definately have them... I won one at the prize table. It's awesome.

After registering at Lim/Prod/Rev Nats, my brother in law and I saw those shirts over by the table for the WS shooters. They had their names on them. Across from them was another table where they were selling the WS shirts, only size was XL. We bought them in a instant, although it is a little bit on me, but worth it.

The shirt looks awesome, that is the baddest shirt Ive ever seen, great design.

Hey Matt,

That 12.55 run you had on Stage 17 was smoking. After watching it, I didnt think it was humanly possible for anyone to run it faster. I thought maybe someone could squeak by you on points maybe (although I didnt know your A count for the stage) but not time. I had heard throughout the match that you were up on Angus and would be 2nd.

From the 4 stages I saw, you shot a pretty damn good.

Hey Kevin, thanks. I am relatively pleased with the way I shot in Prod, but I didn't really get in the groove until the Lim10 match.

Hey Matt,

That 12.55 run you had on Stage 17 was smoking. After watching it, I didnt think it was humanly possible for anyone to run it faster. I thought maybe someone could squeak by you on points maybe (although I didnt know your A count for the stage) but not time. I had heard throughout the match that you were up on Angus and would be 2nd.

From the 4 stages I saw, you shot a pretty damn good.

Just FYI.... if you are looking for a WS shirt, they are still available in the USPSA store....  B)

$60 for a shirt plus $10 shipping?!?!

I know it sounds like a lot, but the shirts are amazing ! They provided shirts for all the US Team shooters for World Shoot. They are going to look incredible at the opening ceremony...

The company that makes them is really supporting USPSA... :)