Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

I too have both and cannot tell the difference. Having said that, I am a Production "D" shooter, not qualified to judge either one. Other, very much more qualified shooters have shot my guns and said they can tell a difference. Seems to me that very serious shooters should go with Charlie while most of us will be very happy with Ralph's trigger.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three Glocks with Charlie Vanek trigger work. They are all superb! Best money I have ever spent. I have a Glock 34 & 35 with competition trigger job = 1.5lbs ... and a Glock 23 with carry trigger job = 2.5lbs. All are flawless. I have nearly 20,000 rounds through the Glock 34 ... without a single problem!

Just wanted to ad my .02 worth to this topic. Because of this site and this paticular post i found out about RS 2# drop in trigger kit and man am i glad.I don't have the money right now for a "real trigger job" so i took the chance and ordered RS's....i found out i got me a trigger job.

Real happy with product and belive it will help me acheive the goals i have set for myself.

Edited by ramtough47

I'm also happy with Sotelo's trigger. But, the RS trigger doesn't do much for the long pretravel and reset. If you spend another $35 for Charlie Vanek's trigger housing -- with pretravel and reset set screws -- the Sotelo trigger is even nicer. 2 3/4 lb trigger pull, less pre-travel and a shorter reset. If you're halfway handy, you can add your own set screws to the trigger housing, although it's tricky to get the holes just right.

I wanted to post this yesterday, but didn't get the chance, so here is a late Thanksgiving thank you to everyone for all their kind words, positive feedback, and support.

Thanks!

Ralph

Ok, enough turkey eating and talking, get to work and send me my trigger, LOL

Just kidding :P

Thanks in advance :)

I cant wait to try it out :)

I wanted to post this yesterday, but didn't get the chance, so here is a late Thanksgiving thank you to everyone for all their kind words, positive feedback, and support.

Thanks!

Ralph

Ok, enough turkey eating and talking, get to work and send me my trigger, LOL

Just kidding :P

Thanks in advance :)

I cant wait to try it out :)

My Trigger came today, I installed it with a stock 1882 ejector and no oil.

The trigger is pulling at 2.5lb checking it with a fish scale so that may be + or- :)

Eather way i am Very happy :)

The kit leaves you with a very smooth pull with out the oil.

I will oil it up and head to the range this weekend :)

Thanks for the kit and fast shipping :)

A big + 1 :D

Edited by lm921

...If you spend another $35 for Charlie Vanek's trigger housing -- with pretravel and reset set screws -- the Sotelo trigger is even nicer. 2 3/4 lb trigger pull, less pre-travel and a shorter reset. ...

So CV has a seperate housing available for clesaning up the pretravel and reset of the Glock trigger, is that correct? I have a RS trigger kit on the way but would like to know how to clean up primarily the reset as well.

The Vanek trigger housing has separate screws for pre-travel and reset. I haven't loctited the screws yet since I'm still diddling with it. Even so, the screws are in so tight I don't see much chance of movement. But, it probably wouldn't hurt to loctite them AFTER you put quite a few rounds through the gun to determine reliability.

Funny thing is that I did a similar thing to my trigger housing before I got the Vanek trigger -- pinned the ejector housing and drilled a screw for the reset. Mine seems to work just as well, although it's a crap shoot (I just got lucky) to get the exact location to pin it. Vanek's ejector housing takes the guess work out. It also allows you to take some pretravel out while still keeping the safeties intact.

I have a Ralph trigger in my G34 ( it breaks at about 2 1/2 #) I would like to add the Vanek housing that allows adjustment to the pre-travel and reset.

I couldn't find any order info. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

JFS.

• 2 weeks later...

Received my kit. Installed it. Took it out and shot it. I heard Roscoe P. Coltrane in the background say, "I love it I love it".

I shoot with a lot of anti-tupperware people who were very suprised a Glock trigger could pull so smooth. Best $50+ I ever spent on my Glock!!! Thanks to this trigger I have a whole new love affair with my Glock.

X

"I am a Production "D" shooter, not qualified to judge either one."

Hell, it's your trigger in your gun o you shure are qual. to shoot it and judge it for yourself! :D

Apparently other posters understood what I meant since yours is the only belligerent comment, 28 days after the posting.

I have had a number of USPSA shooters try both G-34s and found that the further down the food chain you get from Grand Masters the less people are able to detect the differences between the CV and RS triggers. At the “C” and “D” level most folks cannot tell any difference, myself included. Granted, this was not scientifically controlled but it served the purpose, I will buy additional RS drop in kits for future Glocks.

BTW, your grammar and spelling make it difficult to understand you. Are you sure you are qualified to be posting on an adult forum?