Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses for Ralph, but when I ordered mine he was temperarily out of parts. He said because of the discussion on this board and Glock Talk his sales has went through the roof. I received mine in about a week. You will be happy. Drop him an email and see what he says.

2lbdropkit@sbcglobal.net

Rick

No excuses for Ralph, but when I ordered mine he was temperarily out of parts.  He said because of the discussion on this board and Glock Talk his sales has went through the roof.  I received mine in about a week.  You will be happy.  Drop him an email and see what he says.

I emailed him yesterday and he told me that he had just received a new batch of parts and had been swamped, but my order had shipped. He even offered to refund shipping, but I told him that wasn't necessary. For $50 you really can't go wrong. I can't wait to try it. :D

Well you can blame dis Wabbit as one of them on Glack Talk that bleated loudly how exc. his trigger was/is for a paltry 50 Bucks.

Always hated the stock 3.5 conn. and spent lots of time and $ trying to keep the ultra fast reset of the std. conn. Now splits are almost as quick as with the old Glock Works 4.0 NLA conn. but with a markedly better overall trigger.

Don't believe mine is even at 2.5 Lbs. and don't care 'cause it shoots so nice! RS has proven again {to this dumb bunny at least} that superb results can appear to come from subtle and simple changes...

As a former (maybe some day again) GlockJockey, listen to me when I say -you can't make a Glock trigger feel like a 1911.  In the heat of battle, you won't be able to tell the difference between a 2.5 and a 3.5 Glock trigger, yet the difference in potential reliability between the two pull weights is astronomical. 

Take this for for what your BE.com admission price is worth, shoot your Glock as close to factory as possible.

That being said, I still have a Glock20 in the safe with a 1.75# trigger that I'll in-frequently dust off to shock-the-system.  Yet if I were to shoot a major with it, I'd go back to 3.5# in a heart beat.

It's not the equipment, it's the _______ ! (guess) :)

Amen, TDean. You will never get a Glock trigger to feel like a 1911, and I can also attest to that. Glocks have their own feel and style and it isn't a 1911.

Drilling the back of the trigger bar IS a pain. I've asked around some and yes this does sound like a very good bargain. You might try combining it with Vanek's ejector housing with front & back stops.

For the primo nice Glock trigger you still want to speak with Charlie Vanek or Tom Novak but this one is pretty good. I would charge more to sell the same thing.

Eric,

Tom Novak does a good trigger also? Compare it to the Vanek, what do you think?

I have not tried small rifle primers, but there is no problem with factory primers like white box and such. If you have a problem with the small rifle primers and are not satisfied with the kit, you can always send it back and I will refund your money. sorry I could not be of more help, but I just never tried the small rifle.

-Ralph

I finally got to shoot my new trigger yesterday. Put about 120 rounds through it and had one light strike with Federal Primers (Fully seated).

At this point, I'm not going to get too excited, but I'm going to put another 200 or so through it Friday before the weekend. The overall feel of it is exactly the same as my Vanek trigger. But if I get another light strike with Federals, I think it's going to have to come out. Will report back.

The light strike seems odd. 10k minimum through mine, most of them winchesters which tend to be harder than federal. If it happens again give Ralph a call and let him fix it. Glad to hear it feels the same as you Vanek, and $200 cheaper.

I finally got to shoot my new trigger yesterday.  Put about 120 rounds through it and had one light strike with Federal Primers (Fully seated). 

At this point, I'm not going to get too excited, but I'm going to put another 200 or so through it Friday before the weekend.  The overall feel of it is exactly the same as my Vanek trigger.  But if I get another light strike with Federals, I think it's going to have to come out.    Will report back.

Hmmmm....

Feel "exactly the same" as the Vanek? That doesn't sound right.

And, "light strike with Federals"? That doesn't sound right either.

(Not doubting you P40...just wondering how you come you came up with such different results.)

Hmmm....

Feel "exactly the same" as the Vanek?  That doesn't sound right.

And, "light strike with Federals"?  That doesn't sound right either.

(Not doubting you P40...just wondering how you come you came up with such different results.)

The trigger feels great to me and can't tell any noticeable difference between the two. I looked at my light strike and it had the smallest dimple on it from where the striker had hit it, I suspect there might have been some grit or whatever else migrates up into the striker channel. The other 200 or so rounds looked like they were hit with enough force to set the primer off.

After a good cleaning, I'm sure it will work just fine. I've talked with Ralph about it, but I suspect my gun was just dirty.

Just FWIW, have about 3-4K thru a G34 with his kit, almost all with FEDS and about 1K ow Win primers. Have had no light strikes or FTF's at all and am not anal about keeping it squeaky clean. Am using a LS lightened steel striker also. Have certainly found tiny brass chips in the striker channel in the past and even have had the pistol fail to go into battery from them with the KKM bbl. in the gun.

Still want to emphasize how much better/more accurate his "Kit" makes one-hand and precision shots over the other "$100" triggers have tried over the years!

Pistol-Gear.com is selling Ralph's triggers now. Don't know how their stock is but might be worth a try? They were very quick with another order placed with them:

http://www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?ca...bf9323c466f664c

• 2 weeks later...