Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great 2# Drop In Triogger Kit!

Adam B

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it installed last night and did some dry practice.

Wow!!! :wub:  :wub:

Simply amazing!!!

Excellent. My kit arrived yesterday (after 9 business days), but I didn't have a chance to put it in. Fairly straightforward to install?

I hope it helps -- I find the 35's trigger to stack up horribly before breaking, when carefully shooting groups from a rest, for example, and sloooooowly squeezing. I mean, there's no *way* I'm pulling 3.5lbs there -- it feels like 6+.

I got mine today. Not bad. Mine was polished somewhat on the trigger bar and safety plunger. Very easy to install, just like putting the gun back together. Ive got a Vanek and it definitely is not a Vanek, but it is a lot better than the factory. The take up is pretty good and just before it breaks, you feel resistance. I didnt check the pull on a gauge, but its not bad, probably a 2 pounds or so.

Its about the same as a few triggers Ive done on my own guns. Its nice to save the time/trouble of polishing, etc and just order it.

Fairly easy to install!  The most trouble I had was trying to

remember how to disassemble the slide...

You are going to be impressed!!

The original trigger did feel like 5+ lbs.  NOT anymore!!!

I *am* impressed. I don't have a lot of basis for comparison, never having tried a Vanek, or anything, but my suspicion is, this breaks under 2.5lbs now, for sure.

I'm shooting a match tomorrow, and won't have time to live-fire it beforehand. I don't know whether to leave it in, or not. I'll probably go back to stock, and not take a chance.

I also notice, it appears there's been some work done on the trigger safety. Does yours set if you squeeze the trigger in lightly? Mine sets after I cock it, but if I touch the trigger slightly it doesn't rest. No biggie -- this is competition-only gun, of course.

I didn't notice the trigger safety staying put...

The only thing on the trigger safety that I noticed

was that it seemed like it followed my finger out

before the trigger would follow when doing the

reset. I will have to shoot it and see. I am sure

it will get better as I cycle it more and more.

The trigger is SWEET!!! Thank you, Ralph!!!

I'm definitely interested in the RS trigger, but I'm still on the fence about buying one until I hear some long-term results from those of you that have bought one. (actual hard, match/competition use)

I got burned on the last "high-dollar" Glock trigger I bought from another source (not CV), whose name I won't mention. (Not my job to trash anybody's work, and it was just MY experience. Others may be very satisfied.)

I'm back to the original trigger/striker system that came in my Glock, and it's much more reliable now. No misfires, light striker hits, and better accuracy. After a little home polishing, it's even smoother than the "custom" $200. trigger job, though not quite as light.

I'll be watching this topic with interest to see how it progresses on the RS trigger. Good luck!

Larry

Larry, you can keep watching this topic till the cows come home. I have two of Ralph's trigger's, in a G17 and G34, both of which I shoot extensively. I have shot them both in competition. I will say again - other than good sights [just installed WTS rear with Dawson front on my G34] - this single modification has made the most dramatic and noticible impact in my shooting glock pistols. You can keep watching and waiting on this topic as long as you want. Stock Glock triggers SUCK. Ralph's trigger kicks ASS, is an awesome improvement over stock, has not failed AT ALL me in over 5000 rounds in 2 different guns, has measurably improved my scores, and is incredibly economical for what you receive. It is the single cheapest improvement you can make to a Glock pistol. I have not tried Charlie Vanek's work, but I do very much look forward to trying his trigger on my next glock. In the meantime, I am amazed at the immediate and dramatic improvement Ralph's trigger gave me. If you want to improve your glock, change the sights and then the trigger. Govern yourself accordingly. P.S. - Dave Sevigny is my hero. Cheers,

-joker22

Rack,

I wouldnt wait on RS trigger. Ive got a Vanek, Ralph's and done my own before. Ralph's trigger doesnt have anything wild done to it that should make it unreliable. I also highly recommend the Vanek. The two triggers are a little different though. I put the RS trigger in my 17 yesterday and shot our match last night. Everything went flawless and it shot really good. I wouldnt hesitate to get the RS trigger, saves a lot of time.

The Vanek is very light and smooth all the way through. Once you start pulling the trigger, it glides through and near the end, there is almost no difference in pull or resistance. It almost just off on its own, like the trigger is on auto pilot, very smooth .

The RS trigger is pretty light on the take up and you feel some resistance as it nears the end. Right before the trigger releases and breaks, you feel the 2-2.5lbs resistance. Its not bad, believe me, it still breaks pretty light, there is just a different feel for the two triggers. And of course, one is considerably cheaper than the other with no shipping. I almost copied Vanek's trigger and it feels pretty damn close. The RS kit is most of the modifications of the Vanek with 1-2 little small things not done, but the small things are very off the wall thinking and take a little work, not easy.

Rack&Roll~ I put a LOT of rounds through mine, prolly near 10k and it is still running like a champ. As I said before, buy one and if you dont like it or it dont work, I'll buy it from you for the same price you pay. This is aside from the fact that if you are at all unhappy Ralph will refund it ASAP. No, it isnt a Vanek, but IMO it is about 90% as good, and $200 cheaper. If it Ralph's work doesnt make the gun easier to shoot, then it isnt a problem with the gun.

"...until I hear some long-term results from those of you that have bought one. (actual hard, match/competition use)"

Have around 5K thru the 34 use in all my Match and practice shooting. Ralph is putting out a Great trigger at a non-Rip-Off price. He could seel it for $100.00 and shooter's would stilll buy it. It is actually that good! Am convinced he stands behind his work not to mention he'll give you a detailed response to Email questions. I asked him why he did not build in both pre-travel and over-travel stops. He replied that he does not think it needs it. {Sure, he could make more $ by selling you something you may not really need but I don't think he's that kind of person} Took my old brain a good long time to get split times down with the 3.5 conn.& his kit, {which have previously despised and never used!} and still keep good accuracy on out to 7m targets. If a 50+ Old Goat with lousy eyesight can wring .15 splits out of a 34, RS equiped, that says a hell of a lot for his trigger, in my book. {I do have very fast reflexes} Noticed an immediate improvement in my shooting and accuracy especially strong-hand-only and weak-hand and.......it's still improving! If he'd have told me beforehad that he could do this for a Glock and MY shooting for $50 would have politely laughed and said "No Way".

My hats off to Ralph!!!!!

Wondering what he will come up with to top this!

Everyone asks about comparisions between the RS trigger and Charlie's.

To use a car analogy:

Charlie's trigger is a Ferrari -smooth and fast but expensive.

Ralph's trigger is a Corvette - Not quite as smooth, just as fast and a whole lot cheaper.

Bottom line is they both get the job done and both are excellent, just different. It depends on which one suite your personality and style.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Eric,

I'm going to stick it on a G-35 tp play around with. My G-34 has a Vanek trigger, if this is as good as everyone says for that price it's a hell of a deal. I cannot get through to his EMail, do you have a contact number for him?

John

Thanks Eric,

I'm going to stick it on a G-35 tp play around with. My G-34 has a Vanek trigger, if this is as good as everyone says for that price it's a hell of a deal. I cannot get through to his EMail, do you have a contact number for him?

John

Kimberkid seems to be the poc on this. I"ll dig up Ralph's email and will have not one but two ready for test drive at CFRPC. Complete with new TACTICAL trugrip and Heinie sights. Just don't tell my momma I own glocks.