Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta point pro issues

Shrek1

Hopefully i am just missing something. When i holster my pistol then go reload a couple mags (a min or two) upon drawing out again the reddot is completely off and i have to turn it back on. I have checked the battery and put in a new one. Still having the problem. Only shuts off in my holster after i stop but wont turn back on like the manual says the power save mode will do. Help please. 

I own a C-More STS and a C-More RTS  BTW. And never had any problems with either of them -touch wood.

I have read previously that a very small (#6 ?) o ring placed under the battery contacts will fix the C-More problem.

I hope my memory is correct ? This will give the contacts a tighter fit- should not shake loose.

Can this solution be of help re the Delta Point Pro ?

The DPP is suppose to go into sleep mode after a few minutes of being inactive. Do not remember the specific length of time. Mine usually comes on when I draw to make ready. Ever so often it stays in sleep mode and all I do is tap the slide with my hand and the dot turns back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My wife's CZ 75 Compact has a DP Pro on it.  It's been "on" for over a year now.  It's normally kept hidden where she can reach it if she needs it.  I've tried to very carefully just ease it out of the hiding spot and the dot is on by the time I get it lined up so I can look through the lens.

Yours might need some type of adjustment/repair.

• 4 months later...

Dusting off this older thread as I’m having the same issue. At my last Major match, my DPP 2.5 stayed on for the first 4-5 stages. Then it shut off after I put it in the holster for a few. I was walking around and pasting targets so it shouldn’t have auto shut off. I would draw to make ready and have to turn on the dot. Shoot my stage, holster, tape targets. Next stage, I’d have to turn it on again. Really shook my confidence. I had a DPP 7moa delta that never did that. I’m wondering if I tripped something with some sort of fat fingered switch manipulation I did unintentionally.

I put in a brand new fresh battery. Same thing kept happening.

Dusting off this older thread as I’m having the same issue. At my last Major match, my DPP 2.5 stayed on for the first 4-5 stages. Then it shut off after I put it in the holster for a few. I was walking around and pasting targets so it shouldn’t have auto shut off. I would draw to make ready and have to turn on the dot. Shoot my stage, holster, tape targets. Next stage, I’d have to turn it on again. Really shook my confidence. I had a DPP 7moa delta that never did that. I’m wondering if I tripped something with some sort of fat fingered switch manipulation I did unintentionally.

I put in a brand new fresh battery. Same thing kept happening.
This has happened to me twice now, once on 2 different dots. I suspect it was my fault from over torquing the screws to the slide. Both times though their warranty has corrected the issues within a month.
Even before I realized an issue was there though, I could hear a rattling when I would shake the rest on the slide. Any rattling going on with yours?

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, mciver52 said:

Just ordered a couple DPPs. Better keep this in mind, they are going on duty guns. That’s no bueno

The other night, Arik Levy interviewed Yong Lee on YouTube. He's a LEO, or at least a trainer for LEOs, and is currently going thru getting his department ready for using RDS on their duty pistols. You mentioned duty guns which brought it to mine. Here's the link in case you're interested.

Firearms Nation TV LIVE! ? With guest YONG LEE

I’ve seen the same issues across 3 DPP’s. The pros are Leupold is really good about fixing them (bad circuit module). The cons are in my experience once I started to crest around 8k rounds they would start with the intermittent shut off as described and ultimately fail. I believe that unfortunately they just have a lifespan and a lot of competitive shooters reach it easily, especially slide mounted. Mine were on Glock 17 Unity slides, correctly torqued per Leupold’s guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other night, Arik Levy interviewed Yong Lee on YouTube. He's a LEO, or at least a trainer for LEOs, and is currently going thru getting his department ready for using RDS on their duty pistols. You mentioned duty guns which brought it to mine. Here's the link in case you're interested.

Ya I know Yong, I work about 50 miles south of him. Knows his stuff.

• 1 month later...

My dot went belly up on me again. Mounted the 2nd one and off the bad one went to warranty repair. Repair time went from 24 days (last time I sent it in) to 42 days according to the email I got. Oh well.
Decided to just buy a used open gun with a Cmore railway (?) on it. Let's see how that works out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

I have one I just sent in to Leupold. Had it over a year, CO on my CZC 75 Shadow, probably 12K rounds. It got to the point I couldnt get through a dry fire session before having to replace the batt. The sight would start blinking then shut off.  I picked up a new/blem DPP from Natchez, and now it is doing the same thing. Less than 500 rounds on it. I have tried various batteries from the usual stores. Last check, New the batt is about 3.24v and when it shuts down on me the voltage is 3.22. Run of bad batteries?!?!?

The latest DPP I drilled the holes out slightly (did so gingerly), so that the correct 8-32 screws would fit.  The screws from Leupold wont fit my CZ 75 SP-01 multi optic cut slide.   -__-    It started acting up after this.  Hope it isnt related. 

I have a Vortex Venom on a backup CZ Phantom.  I may just take it off and put on my primary till I get this figured out.  Will see what Leupold says today.  I may be switching back to Vortex. 

• 2 months later...

just had a DP Pro for a month, very happy with it...until today

it automatically shutdown after holstering in practice. done that a couple of times. change fresh battery....same problem

checked the silver round plate thingie under the battery, in moves back so no contact.....behold it only holds with a cellophane tape

take out the silver round thing out. recenter the tape, put it back in the center. waste 200rd of ammo. no problem anymore

$400 optics and they use tape ? come on..... thats cheap

On 8/8/2018 at 9:01 AM, GregJ said:

I have a Vortex Venom on a backup CZ Phantom.  I may just take it off and put on my primary till I get this figured out.  Will see what Leupold says today.  I may be switching back to Vortex. 

Did you use the Vortex? Any reliability issues with that? 

From my understanding the the general consensus is that all of the reflex sights were not originally designed for slide ride. Therefore they all break at some point. 

8 minutes ago, Sdlrodeo said:

Did you use the Vortex? Any reliability issues with that? 

From my understanding the the general consensus is that all of the reflex sights were not originally designed for slide ride. Therefore they all break at some point. 

Actually my Phantom has a FF3 on it. I decided to leave it as is and get a Venom for a backup optic. I used it for about a month till I got my DPPs back. The Venom is ok, but its not a DPP. 

As much as we shoot these guns, things are going to eventually break or fail. Optics incl. 

I must have jinxed myself. Shot a local indoor match tonight, and my DPP kept shutting off halfway through each stage!!  Arrrgh

Looking inside, the silver center contact shifted. On its way back for the 2nd time. 

6602A14E-E21F-42C3-ADED-DDCA1B548283.jpeg

On off the guys I shoot with had similar problems with his DPP.  He's had it back 3 times.  I have one on my backup gun which has not had any problems yet so far.  I've had a RTS2 back 4 times so far.  Do any of these hold up?

• 8 months later...

I had two of these, and they all failed. 2000 + rounds and dot turned to like 10 moa (took 3 months to repair, what a joke turn around time) and then the repaired one only last 1500 + rounds and then the connection issue, and a brand new one only last 400 + rounds.

A friend send the below image to me and I currently have AF model which is causing reliability issues. All the current model connection is at 3,6,9,12 clock position where the new one is 1,4,7,11 position. 

Below is what happen to my last one (Left is a brand new one, right is defective). It was just turning on and off.

1232335075_WeChatImage_20190709115718.thumb.jpg.9e40ed5107eda7a4d5393de75c0dbd2f.jpg277854336_WeChatImage_20190708145150.thumb.jpg.0b16d2a05d29db6be47ba4e0cf91484a.jpg

I've got an AD on my S2 now, and an AE for backup.  Between the 2, they have been back 4 times now.  The AE just came back a few weeks ago, and they replaced the CB with the old style.   Ugh