Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Pro better than Shadow 2?

Intercooler2

Limited pro feels lighter than shadow 2. Both are solid guns. My preference is tanfoglio because of how frame fits hand. You probably can’t go wrong. Handle them both and go with the one that feels most comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the Shadow 2 came out I thought about selling my Lim Pro and buying one.  I didn't see enough benefits to make me switch.  I like the Tanfos in the hand better and the Tanfos are easier to work on.  

If I were to start from scratch, I'd probably still pick the Lim Pro.

I have a Limited Pro and a Black Shadow SA. I like the trigger better on the SA. Plan on installing a Tanfo SA trigger on the Limited Pro. 

The Limited Pro is not as tight as the Black Shadow SA. But my Match Elite is. I lay this on the consistency seen on the Tanfo production. Some are awesome and some are average. The CZ guns are all the same.

My friend has a shadow 2, because he wanted something awesome outta the box.

after adding PD parts, egd parts, and a minor polish, he likes my gun more.

i like the shadow quite alot, but I dislike the inward slope of the slide when trying to rack the slide. The lim pro shoots and points easier for both of us, but I think its just because its not so front heavy. We’re marginally faster with it, but thats negligible since were both not accomplished shooters yet.

i do however like the shadow trigger break points, and how the slide slope slightly helps align my eye with the front sight better during recoil.

I’m a rookie, and my opinion is based on my limited experience.

Plus, i bought my limpro so it can pull double duty for idpa, and the shadow2 cannot. Its pretty much the best idpa ssp gamer gun you can run right now since it meets the ssp requirements, fits the box (just barely), and since a stock3 extreme has the egd titan hammer and can be made to meet weight, it made the titan hammer ssp legal too for the limpro.

Edited by Alderleet

I prefer Tanfo DA trigger over CZ's DA. the shadow 2 feels like the stock 2 weight wise and has a really good ergonomic grip. The DA is just not good for me, the shadow 2 still has the same DA as the shadow 1 where it just breaks abruptly. The tanfo DA is smooth and consistent in DA. 

Edited by happygunner77

23 hours ago, johnbu said:

I just wish they still were importing the lim pro.  That is a dang good gun. 

But so is the Shadow 2 (except the ones that crack !)

I wonder why they decided to stop?  I sometimes think these companies are stupid!  

Because we want them ferociously, but we’re a tiny market segment.

You could import 100 LPs, sell one to everyone on BE who wants one, and have quite a few guns left over.

They make money importing guns by the thousand, I’d imagine.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Except, when a "batch" of guns is imported.... poof! Sold quick.

Except the "stupid" gun / caliber combinations like gamer guns in 45acp or 10mm. Heck, even the 38s in anything but the Gold Team is "stupid".  Even when stock 2 and 3 were indeed rare unicorns, there were 10mm and 45acp variants available. 

Hell, a smart importer would contract PD to tune guns by the 100's and sell true  "buy, load, win" ready gamer gear.

And dropping the lim pro right after it won nationals... brilliant. (Not)

Except, when a "batch" of guns is imported.... poof! Sold quick.

Except the "stupid" gun / caliber combinations like gamer guns in 45acp or 10mm. Heck, even the 38s in anything but the Gold Team is "stupid".  Even when stock 2 and 3 were indeed rare unicorns, there were 10mm and 45acp variants available. 

Hell, a smart importer would contract PD to tune guns by the 100's and sell true  "buy, load, win" ready gamer gear.

And dropping the lim pro right after it won nationals... brilliant. (Not)
IFG is looking to import the Lim Pro in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, srrch said:

IFG is looking to import the Lim Pro in 2018.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

in place i live local gun factory  never stopped import lim pro  with bul barrel.

but under different name. 

works perfectly.

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪bul storm 9mm‬‏

Edited by yigal

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@yigal that isn’t the square-trigger guard competition frame, though. Interesting.

Small-frame gun or large?

we use only small frame guns. most of them 9 mm.

it have same magazines as, cz75  jericho941 and springfield p9 and other cz 75clones.

this is very accurate gun with poligonal bul barrel .

Edited by yigal

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@yigal that isn’t the square-trigger guard competition frame, though. Interesting.

Small-frame gun or large?

Those are "Stock" guns in America.  chromium plated frame, round trigger guard,  nearly the same top as a stock 2. BUT, same sights as a "Match".

https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-elite-stock-i-99

For about 100 bux more you can get a real stock 2. Would be a great blaster if it was $500...

And NOT the same as the "Stock 1" with finger grooves, square trigger guard and a rail !

Edited by johnbu

11 hours ago, johnbu said:

Those are "Stock" guns in America.  chromium plated frame, round trigger guard,  nearly the same top as a stock 2. BUT, same sights as a "Match".

https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-elite-stock-i-99

For about 100 bux more you can get a real stock 2. Would be a great blaster if it was $500...

And NOT the same as the "Stock 1" with finger grooves, square trigger guard and a rail !

Encyclopedia, I tell ya.  You should get paid, John.