Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DK Triggers?

JNW

12 hours ago, sheepdog566 said:

Got my zev installed. Been playing with it but no rounds down range. Can definitely tell the difference between it and the DK in my other guns. The DK is lighter and more crisp. Worried about light primer strikes with the lighter striker spring so I’m going to order the zev extended lightened striker. Might try the mod Jonny glock has in his video above when he talks about taking some metal off the downward leg of striker. Like the wider trigger shoe though in the zev.

Just use a 4.5# Wolff striker spring with the factory firing pin. I don't think it's worth getting an aftermarket firing pin just to be able to maybe use a 4# spring. The difference in trigger pull weight between those springs isn't that much. 

Maybe I'm just cheap, but to me it's not worth getting the new firing pin :D

2 hours ago, JNW said:

Dan,

I realize that polishing, new springs and a different disconnector won’t change everything as much as I’d like.  However, I’m not a big competition guy and just want to see how well I can make my Glock shoot without spending too much money.  Springs from Wolff are $15 with shipping and I’ll see how it feels.  I don’t even know if I can competently shoot a 2.5 pound trigger in a centerfire gun, so a full competition kit might not work for me.  I really do appreciate everyone’s input on this.  I’ll let you know how I progress.

Regards,

Jeff

Completely understand. I started the same way :-). Its like a sickness lol

1 hour ago, Southpaw said:

Just use a 4.5# Wolff striker spring with the factory firing pin. I don't think it's worth getting an aftermarket firing pin just to be able to maybe use a 4# spring. The difference in trigger pull weight between those springs isn't that much. 

Maybe I'm just cheap, but to me it's not worth getting the new firing pin :D

You are correct in some aspects there as well to an extent. Everyone is different which is why I have different options for different kits :-)

Still haven’t shot my zev but thought it was ready to go, all worked fine...just picked it up and now it is firing on reset. Pin the trigger back, cycle the slide, and striker drops when I release the trigger. Stock striker with zev trigger and springs....should of ordered a dk and I wouldn’t of had this problem.

• 1 month later...

I've got 6 DK triggers. I have 4 competiton kit triggers and 2 defensive kit triggers. I've shot thousands of rounds in competition with the DK trigger and never once had an issue with any of them. In my opinion they are the best trigger on the market. 

I should be on a commission basis. I know 3 people that have bought one from him based on trying out my G34 with the competiton kit trigger.

I'm just waiting on the Get 5 version to install in a new G17 Gen 5. If Dan would quit screwing around working another job, I'd probably have one by now, lol.

I've been shooting a DK Trigger kit I bought on the forums for a couple of months now and I've been enjoying it very much. On thing I've noticed on mine is that the trigger safety tab doesn't always 100% reset on mine if I'm riding the reset with my trigger finger. Not sure if the safety tab spring has gone bad or if my spring combination is bad. Does anyone have any thoughts on what could cause this?

If your kit has the 6 lb trigger spring put back in the oem, that usually fixes that.  Not all glocks can run the 6 lb trigger spring.  If that don’t work you’ll have to remove the tab from the trigger and reshape.  It’s not that easy to do but it can be done without hurting the trigger.

32 minutes ago, rooster said:

If your kit has the 6 lb trigger spring put back in the oem, that usually fixes that.  Not all glocks can run the 6 lb trigger spring.  If that don’t work you’ll have to remove the tab from the trigger and reshape.  It’s not that easy to do but it can be done without hurting the trigger.

Thanks for the reply! I'm actually running the OEM trigger spring since I couldn't get the safety to reset even if I let the trigger fully reset without any resistance using the one provided. I've got some Ghost trigger springs laying around, so maybe I'll give those a try as well. 

The next thing to try is a heavier striker spring.  I had a buddy just a few nights ago whose trigger would not reset with a oem trigger spring and a 4.5 striker spring.  We put back the oem 5.5 striker spring and it worked perfect.  At the time I didn’t think to try a 5 lb but I will next time I see him and have the gun.  Those two springs work in conjunction with each other and if they are off your trigger won’t reset correctly.  If that don’t work I guess call DK triggers and run it by him.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry you are having issues.  You may return the lower trigger parts and I can go through it and see what the problem is.  Unfortunately this is a coming issue w/ most glock triggers as there is nothing but a formed plastic tab that is the return spring for the trigger safety and over much use it just wears down and settles flatter.  Responses are slow due to many things that are going on around here with my primary jobs and family life but I eventually get to everyone.

On 11/17/2017 at 4:42 PM, dskinsler83 said:

Sorry you are having issues.  You may return the lower trigger parts and I can go through it and see what the problem is.  Unfortunately this is a coming issue w/ most glock triggers as there is nothing but a formed plastic tab that is the return spring for the trigger safety and over much use it just wears down and settles flatter.  Responses are slow due to many things that are going on around here with my primary jobs and family life but I eventually get to everyone.

Thank you for the response Dan! With the 2017 season winding down, I'm not too pressed for time. I understand that the return spring for the trigger safety is definitely a part that wears down faster, and I do appreciate the response and the offer. I may take the opportunity to mess with the lower trigger as a DIY learning opportunity and buy another trigger bar set from your website :) 

• 1 year later...
On 7/16/2019 at 10:58 PM, JPmanperfection34 said:

Hi Everyone, I see this is an older thread, but I was thinking about Johnny Glocks video, and talking about removing small amounts of frame material. Now how many guys will shoot a several thousand rounds before doing any work to their Glock? And what kind of life can you except out of as glock? 30 -40k rounds???? 

More like 100,000 with preventative maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...