Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stand alone mount for Mr Bullet Feeder found!

1 hour ago, cbrussell said:

I asked Dan at In-line Fabrication if he would think about incorporating some kind of extension on his quick change plate system to attach a separate mount, pipe or otherwise. He responded that it was an intriguing idea. So perhaps if a bunch of people express interest he will be encouraged that there is market for such a plate and will move forward. One could probably cobble something together by welding or some other means, but I am certain Dan would come up with a much more elegant solution.

This is what I "cobbled together by welding and other means."  Not sure what your definition of elegant solution is, but this works for me.

IMG_0102.jpg.6261fb09f210375126f6d6274cebeb50.jpg

Edited by ltdmstr

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, anbrumm said:

I actually think the RangePanda is a bit nicer - it's a cleaner cut than my original one from Rick, and I like the groove to center it so that you always have the same angle.  Rick's without the groove on 3/4" pipe there is some room for it to move around so the angle can vary every time you loosen/tighen the u bolt clamps as I think it was designed for 1" pipe.  Some times I will have it setup perfect on the bench (see my tuning setup from page 1...)

and then when I move it back up to the standard upright the angle will change just enough to throw it off and get some upside down bullets.  My thinking is having that groove would alleviate that.  Heck I may order one too.

Edited by 78Staff

@78Staff actually my thinking has been the opposite: Because feeder angle is such a huge factor in tuning out those infuriating yet rare inverted bullets once the ramp is dialed in...

I don’t want to be locked at a 45 degree angle.

This is why I’m hoping that I’m a month out from  building a few which will thread directly onto a pipe, and quickly adjust for angle with a single wingnut. 👍

17 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Very nice indeed. Did you attach it directly to the bench? I am trying to figure a way to attach whatever support used to the Inline quick mount plate so everything is self contained.

Yes, it's on a stainless post with the stainless flange base.  Parts are from a marine supply store.  I posted several photos in another thread.  With this design, there's a single cap screw that you can loosen to adjust the angle of the feeder.  And there's one set screw in the cap that can be loosened to rotate the feeder or remove it.  You could easily swap between multiple machines in a matter of minutes.

19 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@78Staff actually my thinking has been the opposite: Because feeder angle is such a huge factor in tuning out those infuriating yet rare inverted bullets once the ramp is dialed in...

This is why I’m hoping that I’m a month out from  building a few which will thread directly onto a pipe, and quickly adjust for angle with a single wingnut. 👍

Yeah this is a good point.  I went ahead and ordered one figure I will try it out and compare.  He had a few other items I wanted to try like the DAA Brass Marker pen collars and the MBF Flipper gap piece so just placed an order.

On 4/8/2020 at 8:51 AM, anbrumm said:

I called Rick today and he told me the same thing about being retired but that he was getting several requests to make some mounts. No idea what that means timeline wise. I went ahead and ordered the range panda. Thank you for posting the link!! No idea they made one until now. Seems like that is the only option besides DIY mount.

On 4/9/2020 at 11:30 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Evan. Send one my way and I’ll test it for you lol. I need something for my new 1100. Wanting to do a stand alone this time. Range panda looks good but I would like adjustments like you said. 

2 hours ago, Dirtchevy841 said:

Evan. Send one my way and I’ll test it for you lol. I need something for my new 1100. Wanting to do a stand alone this time. Range panda looks good but I would like adjustments like you said. 

😈👍

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 4/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, Dirtchevy841 said:

Got the range panda mount headed my way. What is the best location to mount pole. Behind press in between case feeder and powder measure or to the right of press. What’s the optimum best place 

It's really going to depend on your setup. Most guys I've seen use a straight length of 3/4" pipe mounted just to the left of the case feeder (about 10 or 11 o'clock, if you're facing the press) for a 650/750.

I actually mounted my post at about 1 o'clock, directly behind the press, but used some 45 degree bends to move the bullet feeder back to the left side of the case feeder (I'm running a 750). I mounted the floor flange where I did to move the mount into "dead space" on the bench and keep it out of my way. 

It's working really well. 

P0jeDBo.jpgALtwO9r.jpg7spZNwZ.jpg

48 minutes ago, Crash-7 said:

It's really going to depend on your setup. Most guys I've seen use a straight length of 3/4" pipe mounted just to the left of the case feeder (about 10 or 11 o'clock, if you're facing the press) for a 650/750.

I actually mounted my post at about 1 o'clock, directly behind the press, but used some 45 degree bends to move the bullet feeder back to the left side of the case feeder (I'm running a 750). I mounted the floor flange where I did to move the mount into "dead space" on the bench and keep it out of my way. 

It's working really well. 

P0jeDBo.jpgALtwO9r.jpg7spZNwZ.jpg

Nice. Thanks. Yeah mind should come in today so I’ll play around. Mine is for a new dillon 1100 I just setup. Probably gonna put it behind press a little to the left 11 o’clock position. Basically in the middle of the press a case feeder. 

What did y’all guys use to fasten the pole to the bench. Screwed it or bolted it? Got my range panda mount today and went to hd and bought 3/4 in black iron pipe and flange. Bolting would be solid but I’d it necessary or screws ok. Thoughts

Edited by Dirtchevy841

Same here, just used some wood screws, #12 I think but it was whichever ones matched up to the flange the best.  I mounted mine aprox 11am behind a 1050.

I got the Range Panda Mount in this week, I'll probably swap it over next time I make a caliber change.

The first picture in the “Range Panda” website is actually my old system.

It worked very well removing the bullet feeder off of the case feeder to keep it more stable from the press.

Then it made me think, why not do the same with the case feeder and isolate the both of them from the press so there’s no movement from either.

It’s one of the best set up’s that I’ve ever done and I’ve been reloading for a very long time.

It also gave the opportunity to have way more space around the press for maintenance and a much cleaner look.

Then I just put the bullet feeders back on the case feeder being that the Mr. bullet feeder new mount is very versatile. 
I then ran all the wiring through the post and underneath the bench, both of my presses  also have sensors for the maintenance counter. 
With a little creativity there was really no need  for two case feeders anymore, at least for my purposes.
Anyways here’s a couple pictures hope it helps someone out. 

59CC7C99-D98C-4D79-A396-495B09FF87C4.jpeg

2FFD189F-AA9F-4B8E-9718-CBD84ABCBCE2.jpeg

26 minutes ago, tmz said:

It worked very well removing the bullet feeder off of the case feeder to keep it more stable from the press.

Then it made me think, why not do the same with the case feeder and isolate the both of them from the press so there’s no movement from either.

It’s one of the best set up’s that I’ve ever done and I’ve been reloading for a very long time.

It also gave the opportunity to have way more space around the press for maintenance and a much cleaner look.

Then I just put the bullet feeders back on the case feeder being that the Mr. bullet feeder new mount is very versatile. 
I then ran all the wiring through the post and underneath the bench, both of my presses  also have sensors for the maintenance counter. 
With a little creativity there was really no need  for two case feeders anymore, at least for my purposes.

tmz:

As someone that's having a LONG wait on the Dillon RL1100 and is considering the Mark 7 Evo, would you mind explaining your setup?

It appears your using Mark7 presses (Evos?) along with a Dillon Powder Measure and of course the Dillon Case Feeder.  Does it take special procedures and/or parts to use the Dillon powder measure on the Mark 7 press?

I absolutely like the additional stations of the M7 Evo; but don't really care for the fact the Current Evo is $1k more than the RL1100 along with no dies included; and 1/2 the warranty of Dillon.  And we're all aware of the exceptional "after the sale" service and warranty of Dillon Precision............

Another member mentioned there were options available from M7, such as deleting the Case Feeder and Powder Measure, that could add up to substantial savings on the initial purchase.

Hope this helps with the reasoning behind my questions..........

Thanks!

Pertaining to a few of the Dillon  products on my set up, The powder measure did not take any additional work I do not use the return bar or maybe they call it the safety bar I’ve always used a double spring on all the Dillon  loaders I’ve owned throughout the years I’ve never had any issues with this set up. I prefer the deal in case feeder over the Mark 7 that’s just my personal preference and for me I’m glad the press did not come with the dies being that I tend to use a variety of different ones per caliber so it probably wouldn’t do me any good to get a set with the press. 
I sent you a PM I don’t want to steer the original discussion in a different direction thanks

13 hours ago, tmz said:

Tony that setup looks awesome 

17 hours ago, 78Staff said:

Same here, just used some wood screws, #12 I think but it was whichever ones matched up to the flange the best.  I mounted mine aprox 11am behind a 1050.

I got the Range Panda Mount in this week, I'll probably swap it over next time I make a caliber change.

Thanks that’s where I was thinking of mounting it. 

2 hours ago, 78Staff said:

There are pics of my setup on page 1...  #14 wood screws as it turns out.

Saw that. Just went with wood screws right now. Pretty solid may bolt down later on. Wish I could get a pic to post. Finished setting up last night. 

1B575399-DC7B-443E-BA1B-0E664BC66EA1.png

AE61594B-3756-4BC0-A3B1-8DD2E256DFC5.png