Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stand alone mount for Mr Bullet Feeder found!

I wall-mounted mine last night, and converted my “old style” collator mount to something which is easy to adjust the angle on, if different bullet weights require it.

Tap on the photo to open the page, and then you can swipe/scroll to the other images:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Mark 7 just uses the normal Mr. Bullet Feeder Pro on the Revolution, don't they?

if you are not cheap like me. I opt’ed out of the Pro on both of my Revo’s. I already have 3 of the standard MBF. They will still customize the Evos and Revo’s. You just need to call and ask. 

20 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Anyone know if these are still available? Considering buying a MBF right now, but would want a standalone mount for it.

@avastcosmicarena and @Chili would you be more interested in a shelf/wall mount, or stand mounted design?

I’d be interested in everyone else’s answer, too.

(I have a high-end 3D printer on the way and a really sleek design in mind for this. I could have done the metal one I posted above SO much more efficiently.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I want one that uses anti gravity to float. But barring that, a pole is better for me as mine are mounted to platform for autodrive. If your press is not moved at all, I could see either being useful. 

for my Star sizer, I could use a wall mount.

@DJRyan13 ahh of course! Autodriven press guys would want a solution that moves with the press / casefeed assembly. Entirely logical. Thank you.

I’m definitely curious to find out how many guys with manual presses will want it on a stand/post versus mounted to a wall. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

45 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@avastcosmicarena and @Chili would you be more interested in a shelf/wall mount, or stand mounted design?

I’d be interested in everyone else’s answer, too.

(I have a high-end 3D printer on the way and a really sleek design in mind for this. I could have done the metal one I posted above SO much more efficiently.)

I saw your post and for me I don't think that will work for a couple of different reasons.  My space is pretty tight and my press is just a bit over two feet from the back wall, filling it would be very difficult at that gap as I couldn't get at it from either side.  For that reason I am looking to mount from the ceiling joists almost directly above station 3 on my 650.

2 hours ago, DJRyan13 said:

if you are not cheap like me. I opt’ed out of the Pro on both of my Revo’s. I already have 3 of the standard MBF. They will still customize the Evos and Revo’s. You just need to call and ask. 

Ha. I must be a peasant then. I just have a Mark 7 Evo and no bullet feeder at all yet. :P

I've got the Mr. Bullet Feeder Pro on my Revolution, much prefer it to any of my older Mr Bullet Feeders. I like being able to dump a full 1000 bullets into it and not have to much about with filling it more often

On 4/1/2020 at 8:40 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

I wall-mounted mine last night, and converted my “old style” collator mount to something which is easy to adjust the angle on, if different bullet weights require it.

Tap on the photo to open the page, and then you can swipe/scroll to the other images:

Looks good, simple but easy to adjust, and cleaner looking than the MDF/U-Bolt setup.  👍  Also followed.

On 4/1/2020 at 4:16 PM, outerlimits said:

mounted both case feeder and bullet feeder to pipes.  rock solid.

IMG_3880.jpeg

How do you like having the case feeder mounted separately? I am considering this with my press on my new bench. The press doesn't move during the cycle, but the case feeder does have a little bit of wiggle. I was thinking removing it from being mounted to the press may remove that bit of wiggle. What size piping did you use?

2 hours ago, anbrumm said:

How do you like having the case feeder mounted separately? I am considering this with my press on my new bench. The press doesn't move during the cycle, but the case feeder does have a little bit of wiggle. I was thinking removing it from being mounted to the press may remove that bit of wiggle. What size piping did you use?

works fine-3/4" sch 40 galvanized.

I asked Dan at In-line Fabrication if he would think about incorporating some kind of extension on his quick change plate system to attach a separate mount, pipe or otherwise. He responded that it was an intriguing idea. So perhaps if a bunch of people express interest he will be encouraged that there is market for such a plate and will move forward. One could probably cobble something together by welding or some other means, but I am certain Dan would come up with a much more elegant solution.