Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

svi vs Atlas Titan

osw333

I had Adam build me a full custom single stack last summer, and I couldn't be happier with either the gun or the customer service. I've talked to him numerous times on the phone and he's been nothing but helpful, patient, and just an overall good guy to talk to. After I bought my gun I have continued to ask him questions (many of which I'm sure are annoying), and the guy has never done anything but answer promptly and patiently.

I've had such a good experience with him, I ordered a Titan. Can't wait to get it. I'm sure SVI is every bit as good if not a tad better (not that I'm good enough to truly know the difference) but ill take the extra 2 grand an SVI would run me and invest in a really nice reloading set up. 

I'm only one guy but I can truly say buy from Adam in full confidence in both the product and after the sale service

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Adam has built two Sighttrackers for me so far. One has 30k rounds through it and the only issues I've had was from the early Evo grip hammer follow he talked about on his video. He helped me fix that issue and has always been willing to talk to me despite my complete lack of mechanical knowledge. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another gun from him.

• 7 months later...
7 minutes ago, Sdlrodeo said:

Just found out my Atlas is a few weeks away from delivery. I can only compare it to an STI Edge with all the goodies but I can post when I get it. 

i don't think that they are in the  same league .;)

12 minutes ago, Sdlrodeo said:

Please elaborate. Thanks!

I've got a Titan and I've had an STI and shot a few others. The Titan is so far ahead of a stock STI. In my opinion the Atlas is better quality parts that are fit!  A stock STI is thrown together with lesser quality parts and minimal fitting. 

All I can say is STI’s warranty is far and away superior... STI as a company has  superior equipment ans more of it and have been builting guns longer. But if anyone thinks dropping $4k Limited gun will make you shoot better go do it but it has always been the Indian NOT the arrow. You can ask Shane, Dave and Bob about their  arrows. Bwaaaa.  

I don’t shoot STI SV or Atlas guns just sharing the facts.

Edited by a matt

18 minutes ago, a matt said:

All I can say is STI’s warranty is far and away superior... STI as a company has  superior equipment ans more of it and have been builting guns longer. But if anyone thinks dropping $4k Limited gun will make you shoot better go do it but it has always been the Indian NOT the arrow. You can ask Shane, Dave and Bob about their  arrows. Bwaaaa.  

Not trying to get into a back and forth on this ... are you saying STI parts are better quality? 

Edited by B_RAD

1 hour ago, a matt said:

I had a STI hammer snap, fly off and hit me in the head while I was dry firing. I don't know if that is a sign of superior equipment or not. Don't get me wrong I love my STI's. But I swap out some parts for better quality ones as time and budget allows.

1 hour ago, a matt said:

I totally agree it is the Indian. However, that’s not really the point of the post. Sort of like if there was a post about which should I buy, the Aston Martin or the Nissan RSX. Would you then post that Jeff Gordon could out drive anybody in a Honda Civic? 

of coarse $4k  gun  will not make u pro shooter ,but if u can get better quality gun 

u will be comfortable and pleasant to use it.

55 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

I had a STI hammer snap, fly off and hit me in the head while I was dry firing. I don't know if that is a sign of superior equipment or not. Don't get me wrong I love my STI's. But I swap out some parts for better quality ones as time and budget allows.

it was superman special   STI  hammer.:o

3 hours ago, B_RAD said:

Not trying to get into a back and forth on this ... are you saying STI parts are better quality? 

Agreed, Im not wanting to go back and forth also.

SV makes great parts and lots of people use them as well as STI, I use them both.

Every part can fail, every company has had it happen. It’s what the company does after the failure that makes the diff. 

The only STI part that has failed on my gun was a slide and STI had me a new slide in a few weeks. This was on an older 2nd or 3rd hand Open gun with at least 50k rounds down it. SV and ATLAS WILL NOT and don’t offer a warranty close to STI.  No builder can through parts together unless you are building a Glock. Lol 

Edited by a matt

3 minutes ago, a matt said:

Agreed, Im not wanting to go back and forth also.

SV makes great parts and lots of people use them as well as STI, I use them both.

Every part can fail, every company has had it happen. It’s what the company does after the failure that makes the diff. 

The only STI part that has failed on my gun was a slide and STI had me a new slide in a few weeks. This was on an older 2nd or 3rd hand Open gun with at least 50k rounds down it. SV and ATLAS WILL NOT and don’t offer a warranty close to STI. 

Wow. If STI warranty includes that I'd agree that's awesome!  

i have shot both. both are exceptional models. i chose atlas for several reasons but the icing on the cake is also the lead times from atlas. the quality is almost identical but gosh i love my atlas guns

17 hours ago, yigal said:

of coarse $4k  gun  will not make u pro shooter ,but if u can get better quality gun 

u will be comfortable and pleasant to use it.

it was superman special   STI  hammer.:o

That is the face I made when it hit me in the head.

It was like 5:30 in the morning, bit of a wake up call to get binged in the forehead like that. The gun would of still worked, but I replaced it with EGW parts. And now I put a O-ring under the hammer when I dry fire as a extra safe gaurd.

32 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

That is the face I made when it hit me in the head.

It was like 5:30 in the morning, bit of a wake up call to get binged in the forehead like that. The gun would of still worked, but I replaced it with EGW parts. And now I put a O-ring under the hammer when I dry fire as a extra safe gaurd.

i use piece of hard rubber wit hole for f.p.  that i cut and i replace it sometimes.

that is the reason  that i always try avoid metal to metal impact. 

On 3/12/2018 at 10:30 AM, a matt said:

... But if anyone thinks dropping $4k Limited gun will make you shoot better go do it but it has always been the Indian NOT the arrow. ...

Yeah, but a better arrow makes better hits. Personally, I shoot my sight tracker SVI better than my Edge.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, a matt said:

I don’t really give a shit what you think. 

They do NOT warrant their GUNS, unless you buy them new. You need to get off that fanboy  pedestal and look at the facts and not worry about my ass. The fact is BRANDON said the gun is NOT UNDER WARRANTY when I ask about getting them to look at a trigger issue.  So now you, can kiss my ass. 

I did not say jack about SV service. I am talking about warranty on used SV guns bought here but you see that someone said something about SV that you didn’t agree with and you get bent and start taking about my ass. Sorry for the extra work but now when you caption this to send and brag about how you take up for them,  you’ll have to delete my response.  

I'll speak from personal experience. A pistol I bought second hand here on Enos had the front post of the front sight shear off. I called wanting them to just send me a new front sight and instead they said they would install a new one free of charge. SV's customer service from my experience has been excellent! And they did a complete look over of the whole gun for free as well. 

Edited by nunez
Forgot to add more they did for free.

6 hours ago, nunez said:

I'll speak from personal experience. A pistol I bought second hand here on Enos had the front post of the front sight shear off. I called wanting them to just send me a new front sight and instead they said they would install a new one free of charge. SV's customer service from my experience has been excellent! And they did a complete look over of the whole gun for free as well. 

Well you got lucky then. I spent almost 8k on a slightly used sv and from day one had ejection issues.. was told for the low cost of 250.00 or so I can send it in and they would look at it... Finally got pist and sold it. Ordered an Akai.. hopefully his service is better....  Now I wont complain about the craftsmanship of svi... they are works of art and the finish is topnotch.. but service sucks if you don't buy new... or are part of his team..