osw333

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, sfinney said:

unless your "local guy" is a hack..... ask me how I know.

Some local guy around here that the guys all take their guns to and they continually complain about his work. Crazy to think they keep taking their guns back to him. Recently someone's SBR PCC uzi bumped full auto at a match this weekend and he was like "I've taken it to XZY twice and he keeps saying its fixed!" 

Like, hey man, maybe you should either stop taking it there or stop paying him haha

5 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

And I've heard nothing but good things about Atlas CS from local shooters running his guns.

'The Internet' 

*individual experiences may vary

Here is a link to that Atlas post in doodie:

http://www.doodieproject.com/index.php?/topic/5495-the-atlas-story/

Edited by Dutchman195

5 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

'The Internet' 

We try to keep crap like that OFF of Enos... do you ever think to yourself..may be that doodie post is just plain wrong and I should not be perpetuating something I can't verify as truth......   Your damaging a business reputation by linking to that post.  

Do you know if that post is really true?

1 minute ago, lcs said:

We try to keep crap like that OFF of Enos... do you ever think to yourself..may be that doodie post is just plain wrong and I should not be perpetuating something I can't verify as truth......   Your damaging a business reputation by linking to that post.  

The same can be said for everything said in this thread. I know that it was the guys personal experience. That is all.

25 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

'The Internet' 

It does sound like he got a raw deal, but we have to try to keep in mind we're only hearing one side of the story. And I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of his gun too. I bet both parties could of handled things better from the start and it wouldn't of gotten so ugly.

I had Adam work on my gun at Area 8 last year and he got me running so I could shoot the match the next day. He didn't build my gun. I went to thank the day after I shot before heading home and he was working on someone else's gun. Someone had broke their barrel link and Adam was trying to find someone with the right length link so he could fix it. (He didn't have one with him). In the mean time apparently Adam had given the guy his personal gun so he could keep shooting. From what I understand after I left he found a link and fixed the gun for the guy. Also this was not a Atlas gun either. I was impressed with that honestly. I also know a couple guys running his guns that are happy with them.

#internet

21 minutes ago, lcs said:

19 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

The same can be said for everything said in this thread. I know that it was the guys personal experience. That is all.

I dont verify every yelp review for accuracy when I'm choosing where to eat. Whether they are true or not. Referring back to my original post, take anything on the internet with a grain of salt. 

Its 1 review out of many on the internet, just passing it along.

2 hours ago, Racinready300ex said:

It does sound like he got a raw deal, but we have to try to keep in mind we're only hearing one side of the story. And I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of his gun too. I bet both parties could of handled things better from the start and it wouldn't of gotten so ugly.

I had Adam work on my gun at Area 8 last year and he got me running so I could shoot the match the next day. He didn't build my gun. I went to thank the day after I shot before heading home and he was working on someone else's gun. Someone had broke their barrel link and Adam was trying to find someone with the right length link so he could fix it. (He didn't have one with him). In the mean time apparently Adam had given the guy his personal gun so he could keep shooting. From what I understand after I left he found a link and fixed the gun for the guy. Also this was not a Atlas gun either. I was impressed with that honestly. I also know a couple guys running his guns that are happy with them.

#internet

That was me, Adam also worked my son's DVC over when STI continued to fail.

I made that post.  I'll say it, he isn't and wasn't a "nice guy" to me. Everything in the post is true, it's not a made up account/story just for kicks. ill say it again. I owned and atlas, I own an svi now. Go with the svi, you won't regret it. 

23 hours ago, osw333 said:

Do you have them in 40sw? Does it feel balanced and shoots flat? I wish someone around me have one to test. I talk to Adam and he was super helpful. I do feel very good to purchase from him.

Sent from my SM-G935K using Tapatalk

No, both of mine are 9's. Yes, they are well balanced but heavier than what I was used to shooting (Glocks). I don't think It shoots any flatter than an other similar sized limited pistol. I can shoot my com'p Glocks faster (lower times) but that is an apples to oranges comparison. 

if you have soft or dish pan hands I doubt that you will like the grip. If your hands are tough, and you are used to shooting aggressive grips, this is the best grip going IMO.

Do you have them in 40sw? Does it feel balanced and shoots flat? I wish someone around me have one to test. I talk to Adam and he was super helpful. I do feel very good to purchase from him.

No, both of mine are 9's. Yes, they are well balanced but heavier than what I was used to shooting (Glocks). I don't think they shoot any flatter than an other similar sized limited pistol. I can shoot my com'p Glocks faster (lower times) but that is an unfair apples to oranges comparison. 

if you have soft or dish pan hands I doubt that you will like the grip. If your hands are tough, and you are used to shooting aggressive grips, this is the best grip going IMO.

No, both of mine are 9's. Yes, they are well balanced but heavier than what I was used to shooting (Glocks). I don't think they shoot any flatter than an other similar sized limited pistol. I can shoot my com'p Glocks faster (lower times) but that is an unfair apples to oranges comparison. 

Everyone has anecdotal information. Some are more damning than others. Some are more praise worthy than others.

Thanks for the info. Wow, a good gunsmith is hard to find.
Few people mention Rob Cook, what happen to his svi?

Haven't shot the SV, so please read the remainder of my commentary with that in mind.  Additionally, I'll only speak with respect to my experiences.

I do own a Titan in .40, and this is what I can say about the Atlas:
  1. It works - and it shoots the standard length loads just as well if not better than the "special" longer oal loads.
  2. Gun feels extremely solid.  The weight feels like it's in the right places too.
  3. If you don't like aggressive texturing, the grip Adam uses is not something you will enjoy.  That said, if you like an aggressive grip, it's one of the best out there.
  4. I've got about 2,000 rounds down the pipe of mine at this point, and it basically feels like the day it arrived.  
  5. With respect to "flatness", it destroys any sort of polymer gun with respect to recoil impulse and sight return...again, haven't put it up against an SV so hard to say how it compares, but I'm certainly happy with it.
  6. Any time I've spoke with Adam, he's been top-notch, respectful, and given me more time on the line than I likely deserved, entertaining various questions.
  7. I had one of the set screws come loose from my grip after a practice session (and I lost it) - Adam and Gina overnighted me a new set.  I know it's a part that probably only costs .25$, but it's the principal. 
I've ordered a Chaos from Adam to try out Open, and if it shoots on par with the Titan, I won't regret it in the slightest.

Great info, thank you.

I'll second what Maximis said regarding finding a local guy to build your gun.  Even a builder that's a couple of hours away is better than having to ship a gun to fix a small problem or make a minor modification.  You can easily be out $150-$200 in shipping depending on the gunsmith.  Some of the custom builders will cover the return shipping, but there's not many that will cover both ways.  You also have the risk of damage/loss when handing over your expensive custom gun to FedEx or UPS. If you're not capable of doing small jobs like adjusting an extractor, installing a thumb safety, adding a thumb rest, etc., you should think long and hard about using a custom builder that's half way across the country from you. 

Thanks, we have local gunsmith is pretty good with 2011. I will check with him.

I have 5.5' Calhoun custom 40sw 2011 with CK steel grip now. It's good gun but want something shorter with evo grip. Which ever I like better is going to be my main gun. Thanks.

inho, it's not really a fair comparison, and i say it with the utmost respect-  i shot a friend's atlas pistol in 9mm, and compared to my svi in 9mm- simply no comparison in the way both point ,feel, recoil and cycle. if you can fork the $$$$, and wait a 1.5 years ,go with the svi.

inho, it's not really a fair comparison, and i say it with the utmost respect-  i shot a friend's atlas pistol in 9mm, and compared to my svi in 9mm- simply no comparison in the way both point ,feel, recoil and cycle. if you can fork the $$$$, and wait a 1.5 years ,go with the svi.

Thank you, svi is what I'm going with. I will see if a use sv would come up for sale sometime soon. I can't wait that long for a gun.

On 7/19/2017 at 0:19 PM, osw333 said:

Thank you, svi is what I'm going with. I will see if a use sv would come up for sale sometime soon. I can't wait that long for a gun.

I think you'll be very happy with one, used or new. 

On 7/12/2017 at 0:32 AM, osw333 said:

Thanks for the info. Wow, a good gunsmith is hard to find.
Few people mention Rob Cook, what happen to his svi?

Ha how much time do you have. There is another post on there about him...

The gun went off during remedial action. Was it the shooter or the gun, we may never know. 

16 minutes ago, Dutchman195 said:

Ha how much time do you have. There is another post on there about him...

The gun went off during remedial action. Was it the shooter or the gun, we may never know. 

Based on the video, it was the gun. Then he went on a Epic rant about how unfair the rules are, followed by doubling down on his stance when people called him out on it. Then he blocked tons of people on FB. Seems like a good way for a sponsored shooter to get his sponsors name out there.

No one would of gave two shits if he didn't go on a FB rant about it.