Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fort Benning, Ga 3-gun Match

In order to avoid a conflict with Area 6, we are holding our Tactical 3-Gun match on the first weekend in December. Show us some love, I want this to be an annual event so I MUST fillit up,only 125 slots total!!!!!! So HURRY UP! :D

The Game is set! The US Army Marksmanship Unit will hold the 1st ever Fort Benning Tactical 3-Gun Championship to be held 3-4 December 2005 at Fort Benning, Georgia. This match will have 13 stages and a chronograph, your pistol will determine major or minor scoring, however your rifle must make the USPSA minor floor. This match will have something for every style shooter and will be challenging for all skill levels while being extremely FUN! Have you ever ran down the ramp of a Bradley or Stryker fighting vehicle? How about engaging targets from the turret of a HMMWV, with a light machine-gun? Ever fired an AK-47 full-auto at 50 yards? These are a few of the fun and interesting aspects of our stage designs.

The entry fee is a modest $145.00 which includes all you can eat BBQ iced tea and beer at the awards program on Sunday. You will shoot a FULL day on Saturday and until about 1:00pm on Sunday with food and beverages commencing at cease-fire. We will have a prize table and a generous CASH PAYBACK. Right now we are set at a $1,000.00 prize to the winner of Tactical and Open divisions. 2nd and 3rd for those divisions will be $500.00 and $300.00 respectively. In addition we will do 2 Lewis cuts for $250.00! Lots of opportunities to win cash. That is a whole LOT of CASH!!!!!!!

Tactical and Open are IAW USPSA rules for equipment. Scoring system will be released NLT 1 September. Due to our limited staff we are working to automate the best system possible. Try not to let this bother you, we will be squared away.

Bottom line this will be an outstanding match so come out and play but register early, the web link for the applications will be posted next week. If you have any questions please post, if you would like to sponsor a stage or the match please send me an email to aaron.L.hampton@us.army.mil and I’ll get back to you. Please feel free post opinions, this is our first match, but it will be a lot of fun!

Edited by BigHamp

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamp

You the man. I'm sending mine in today. You can count on a nice contingent from Alabama. Thanks for being accommodating on the date. How can we help? We have flash targets, target stands, walls, etc. Please let us know. We'll be there.

MHearn

G, of course you have to work! :) We have made 2 dozen unique stages and we are working on more. We will finalize and post in September; set-up for the match will be the last week of November, after the Jr. clinic. Send me you thoughts and stage design, and of course I am counting on you for some sponsorship assistance.

Hamp

I signed up today and talked to Gregory about the match. It sounds great. They even have a dark side. (OPEN CLASS) So far it sounds like more fun than I thought. I thought Tactical matches where more of a triathlon event, you know crawling 30 yards, climbing 60 foot walls and 100 yard dashes, but I didn't hear anything like that. Just shooting, shooting and more shooting. Some of the things we talked about I've never seen or done, except on TV. Is it December yet?

Still praying for that A

You have to live east of the Mississippi to shoot the match...hahaha!

Just kidding. Don't worry, there will be plenty of crawling, jumping, and running. It is Ft. Benning, Home of the Infantry!

Ok, so we have Tony Holmes, Kurt Miller, Matt Burrkett, Kelly N, and Taran Buttler and the match has only been announced for 3 days! So what are you waiting on? There is still room for the super secret fine print registration on the application, if you hurry! If you do not know what I'm talking about, view the application! Thank you all for your support, I guess everyone really is looking for something to do in December! Keep the questions coming, and start sending in those registration forms!!!!

Hamp

My check is in the mail. I shoot iron sights now on the rifle but we only shoot out to 200 yards. I am trying to decide if I should get an optic for the rifle. Does anyone know what the longest rifle shots will be at this match?