Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schuemann Hybrid Barrel

mdh

I recently rediscovered a Schuemann Hybrid barrel for a Gen 3 G19 in my box of Glock things...any recommendations on where to send a slide to be milled for it?  Just looking to build up a "FUN" gun not for any specific type on competition...although if I happen to stumble upon a class for it...

Thanks,

MDH

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Necro-post time!!  This thing has been back burnered for so long that I thought I had traded off all of the parts.

Lone Wolf slide milled for hybrid barrel and Gen 4 MOS plates on a Polymer 80 frame.  Only Glock parts on it are a minus (-) connector and the MOS plates.  No actual Glocks were hurt putting this together!  Function tests fine, should be test firing later this week.

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0930.JPG

IMG_0924.jpg

3 hours ago, Helios said:

Following - this is quite interesting, though can someone explain the benefit of the island on a gun with an optic? 

It is a ported island  so a more compact compensated gun one could argue it bridges the gap between a simple “Mag-Na-Port” job and a full blown comp/barrel weight. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 10:42 AM, Paul49 said:

Who milled the Lone Wolf slide for this barrel?

I did...didn't you see that dang precision gunsmithing tool??  😀  Seriously, it was a shop out here in Denver.  The name escapes me at the moment as it was done quite a while ago.

Finally got around to test firing and I have successfully mad a single shot pistol.  When I put this together, I just used factory spring rates.  Looks like I need to experiment with springs to get it functioning proper.  And so it goes...