Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

On 4/29/2018 at 3:09 PM, George16 said:

I installed the CGW TS trigger pin on my TSO and it worked well. I have to use the red loctite that came with the trigger pin from CGW.

i also installed CZ Custom multi-optic side mount on my TSO along with a Romeo 1.

EEC36022-960_D-43_D2-_AFFA-_DF600_D8_B17

Hey George, nice setup, well done!

Recently installed my CZC multi optic mount and Burris FF III,  want to remove the rear sight and have a few questions.

1.  Anything I need to do to the elevation screw, turn in, out, before I drift out the sight? 

2.  Needed heat to loosen the set screws.  Drift L to R or does it matter?  Big hammer, little?

3.  Other words of wisdom?

4.  What slide racker are you using?

Thanks!

Nick

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Hey George, nice setup, well done!

Recently installed my CZC multi optic mount and Burris FF III,  want to remove the rear sight and have a few questions.

1.  Anything I need to do to the elevation screw, turn in, out, before I drift out the sight? 

2.  Needed heat to loosen the set screws.  Drift L to R or does it matter?  Big hammer, little?

3.  Other words of wisdom?

4.  What slide racker are you using?

Thanks!

Nick

Nick, thank you.

1. You don’t have to do anything on the elevation screw. Just loosen the two set screws that hold the rear sight to the slide.

2. No need to heat the set screws. Just make sure you are using the correct Allen wrench. The screws require a 2mm Allen wrench. It doesn’t matter which way you drift it out. I use a little hammer when I drifted mine.

3. Use a gun block or anything hard but doesn’t scratch the slide when you’re drifting out the sight. Use a brass punch and it helps to wrap the tip with electrical tape to prevent it from scratching the sight.

4. I’m using a slide racket from shooters connection.

Slide Racker

It's done! Thanks for the tips!

Did you have to fit the slide racker?  The racker from my czechmate fits perfectly, easy to remove, which is important since I moved it to the left side so it needs to be removed before the slide.

Which side is yours on?

8 hours ago, NickD said:

It's done! Thanks for the tips!

Did you have to fit the slide racker?  The racker from my czechmate fits perfectly, easy to remove, which is important since I moved it to the left side so it needs to be removed before the slide.

Which side is yours on?

No, it fits right on. The TSO and czechmate uses the same 60* dovetail/slide racker. Mine is on the left side too.  I also installed an Advanced Reflex thumb rest which is better than the stock one.

Here’s the current setup:

0_DC5_AF38-1_E87-49_DF-8_D23-81458_EF3_E

2_D374_C30-_AD11-43_CD-9_B71-_D54500_C96

Swapping optics between the TSO and Czechmate.

399_E329_A-1_A11-456_D-_A2_DD-_C59_BEDEB

Edited by George16
Spelling

I ordered the racker, thanks for the link!

Think you mean Advance Ratio thumb rest? Looks like the new models have 4 holes but some sites have the older 2 hole model which would be better for the CZ's, I think.  

The CZ thumb rest is a little small but is ok for me for now, time will tell.

My setups, so far:

CZ CM&TSO.small.JPG

CZ CM.small.JPG

TSO.small.JPG

10 hours ago, rlrock said:

Can I put a CZ 75 upper in 40 S&W on a 9mm TSO without any modifications?

Thanks.

Well... sort of. Just for grins, I once tried to swap the barrel/slide from an SP01 onto my TS - the rails seemed to line up okay, but the issue is that the TS and TSO have a both a longer slide/barrel than the standard CZ-75 and a full-length dust cover. Even if everything else matches up perfectly, then you're going to have one hell of an underbite - the TSO dustcover will extend past the muzzle of a CZ-75B barrel by a good bit.

1 hour ago, Steve133 said:

Well... sort of. Just for grins, I once tried to swap the barrel/slide from an SP01 onto my TS - the rails seemed to line up okay, but the issue is that the TS and TSO have a both a longer slide/barrel than the standard CZ-75 and a full-length dust cover. Even if everything else matches up perfectly, then you're going to have one hell of an underbite - the TSO dustcover will extend past the muzzle of a CZ-75B barrel by a good bit.

Thanks for the input and help.

I was actually looking to swap the same 5.23" length uppers, but in different calibers i.e. swap a TSO 9mm full upper for a TSO 40 S&W upper.

Is it just a matter of exchanging full uppers and that's it or is there something else that needs to be done.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, rlrock said:

Thanks for the input and help.

I was actually looking to swap the same 5.23" length uppers, but in different calibers i.e. swap a TSO 9mm full upper for a TSO 40 S&W upper.

Is it just a matter of exchanging full uppers and that's it or is there something else that needs to be done.

Thanks.

Oh. Yeah, that should be fine. Maybe a LITTLE minor fitting, but they should be good to go. I actually do something similar - I bought a used TS in .40 with some custom work on it to shoot in USPSA, and recently acquired a 9 mm barrel and slide to swap onto it for 3 gun. Works fine.

Oh. Yeah, that should be fine. Maybe a LITTLE minor fitting, but they should be good to go. I actually do something similar - I bought a used TS in .40 with some custom work on it to shoot in USPSA, and recently acquired a 9 mm barrel and slide to swap onto it for 3 gun. Works fine.

Thanks for the info! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/30/2018 at 6:53 PM, rlrock said:

Sure.No problem with that.Even the magazines will work (.40 in 9mm magazines )

On 8/31/2018 at 1:22 PM, manolis said:

Sure.No problem with that.Even the magazines will work (.40 in 9mm magazines )

.40 doesn't work in 9mm TS magazines.

The 9mm mags have ribs down the length of the body to align the smaller 9mm cases. 

You can fit about two or three rounds of .40 in before the rounds start getting hung up.

11 hours ago, igolfat8 said:

Where can one purchase a TSO 9mm slide stop? CZC and Cajun seem to be out of them.

I checked CZ USA but they are out too. 

You could try the pin only version if you really need a backup for $9.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/047000801604_Czechmate-Slide-Stop-Pin-No-Lever