Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport Orange technical thread.

NoKimberDave

On 5/21/2018 at 12:29 PM, 858 said:

IPSC Alex thumb rest is wider and a little further forward.

+1

I've got the one from IPSCAlex on my TSO, and it's awesome.  Tons of real estate.

Edited by sixsixnine

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something worth discussion is the magazine broach in the frame and the surface treatment. I was having a heck of a time with less than perfect magazine changes. If I didn't get the insertion perfect the magazine would drag going into the gun. Also, magazines loaded to 20 rounds or more had a slight hitch either inserting or ejecting. Shooting a classifier I dropped a mag on the reload and, while that was mostly user error, I felt like the pistol should be more forgiving.

The magazine opening in the frame was just tight enough to drag to magazine and the finish was not wearing away despite having had 1k mag changes. To resolve the issue I uses a rubber polishing bit in a Dremel and removed the factory coating from inside the frame at the magazine port. Not only do the mags no longer have that slight hitch but reloads require less effort. Other users have talked about adjusting the magazine width by squeezing the mags but I didn't feel like that was a complete solution. 

I hope this helps anyone who's had this issue. This is part of the value proposition of this pistol compared to 2011; there are a few tweeks you have to make to get it perfect.

4 minutes ago, robert.a.brewer. said:

Did you bevel the frame edge just inside the magwell?

From the factory, the opening is not blended, so there is a ledge on the bottom of the frame. I filed mine at an angle.

Yes. My comment is in addition beveling the magwell.

2 hours ago, 858 said:

Something worth discussion is the magazine broach in the frame and the surface treatment. I was having a heck of a time with less than perfect magazine changes. If I didn't get the insertion perfect the magazine would drag going into the gun. Also, magazines loaded to 20 rounds or more had a slight hitch either inserting or ejecting. Shooting a classifier I dropped a mag on the reload and, while that was mostly user error, I felt like the pistol should be more forgiving.

The magazine opening in the frame was just tight enough to drag to magazine and the finish was not wearing away despite having had 1k mag changes. To resolve the issue I uses a rubber polishing bit in a Dremel and removed the factory coating from inside the frame at the magazine port. Not only do the mags no longer have that slight hitch but reloads require less effort. Other users have talked about adjusting the magazine width by squeezing the mags but I didn't feel like that was a complete solution. 

I hope this helps anyone who's had this issue. This is part of the value proposition of this pistol compared to 2011; there are a few tweeks you have to make to get it perfect.

You should see what my buddy has been through with his 2011 magazines! Lolz.

3 hours ago, robert.a.brewer. said:
3 hours ago, 858 said:

Yes. My comment is in addition beveling the magwell.

Ok. Thanks, I will do the same as you. Dremel the frame up inside the magwell, is that what you did?

Go easy with the Dremel. I only used a polishing wheel and stopped when I got through the finish. If you mags go in and out easy I would leave it alone. It sure is smooth now though.

2 hours ago, NoKimberDave said:

You should see what my buddy has been through with his 2011 magazines! Lolz.

The single magazine that comes with the gun should be perfect...right? ?

1 hour ago, Inkw8ll said:

When you blended the magwell, did you strip the gun of all its components? Sear, hammer, etc?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Nope, just stuffed a rag in the mag tube and followed the lines I scribed using the magwell as a template.

On 5/24/2018 at 5:11 PM, NoKimberDave said:

Should have:

extra spring of various weights for hammer and recoil

Extra thick and thin shock buffers

useless mag loader

extra extractor

several slide pins (to replace slide release if you wish to not run one)

wrenches

Might be missing something.

Thank you

On 10/10/2017 at 5:20 PM, yigal said:

yes  u are wright  i mean in ours local shooting club we have 10 tso. all have finish wear  on trigger guard

its about the model with aluminium frame  with plastic insert that close to al. frame 

in simple model that i saw without al. frame didn't heard complains  only about  that gun to much free .

and tso and most cz have not easy platform as u say but there is solution for them too. and it more simple than u think. tso much simple platform than shadow.

that is the reason that cz changed trigger guard in sh2 ?:rolleyes:

I bought the DAA Racemaster and the block said TS Orange but my gun did not fit without extensive modification. I had to sand the plastic block in several areas to fit the side and top of the trigger guard, and had to mill the aluminum housing where the trigger guard was hitting and not allowing the gun to lock in the last 1/8". I used a 3/8' end mill and milled it 1/2" deep so the trigger guard has plenty of clearance from the housing and the holster magnets are flush and the lock works.

On 10/10/2017 at 12:59 PM, bemanuel said:

I use a double alpha race master. They have a tso specific insert. Noticing some wear on bottom of trigger guard. 

My TSO specific Racemaster didn't fit my TSO. Sucked that I had to do extensive mod to insert and housing to work. Not happy.

I bought the DAA Racemaster and the block said TS Orange but my gun did not fit without extensive modification. I had to sand the plastic block in several areas to fit the side and top of the trigger guard, and had to mill the aluminum housing where the trigger guard was hitting and not allowing the gun to lock in the last 1/8". I used a 3/8' end mill and milled it 1/2" deep so the trigger guard has plenty of clearance from the housing and the holster magnets are flush and the lock works.
I'm surprised to hear this much modification. I'm showing wear on the trigger guard but it engages and releases with ease. I also tend to rock the gun forward, that's just a force of habit from work.

1 hour ago, Hennig said:

Whats with all the new TSOs coming with the old TS style trigger guard now?

they  save 1.5  minutes of milling machine time.? and 1 min . of their "gunsmith" time remove burrs.

first  step back for TSO.

what next? 

Edited by yigal

4 hours ago, Hennig said:

Whats with all the new TSOs coming with the old TS style trigger guard now?

What is the approximate manufacturing date that this started?  By Manf. Date, I'm referring to the last two digits of the year that is on the slide

HELP...  Finally got my new TSO 40 out to the range today.  Installed CZC +4 baseplates.  Loaded full.  All 4 failed after shooting 4-5 rounds.  The spring and follower were stuck at the bottom, and rounds were lose in the tube.  What did I do wrong or what followers etc do I need??  Waiting forever to get this gun, and want it to run perfect.  Have many other CZs with baseplates, and never had such a problem.

Would also like to have a full size steel guide rod?  Is it CGW or CZC??

Edited by NCShadow2

You need either CZC or Grams spring and follower. Both need work to function correctly though. 

This is a race gun and you're going to have to fiddle with it. 

On 5/25/2018 at 5:16 PM, 858 said:

The single magazine that comes with the gun should be perfect...right? ?

No, that's the beauty of it. Just toss it in a box because there is no chance of it working anyway!

I keed, I keed!

HELP...  Finally got my new TSO 40 out to the range today.  Installed CZC +4 baseplates.  Loaded full.  All 4 failed after shooting 4-5 rounds.  The spring and follower were stuck at the bottom, and rounds were lose in the tube.  What did I do wrong or what followers etc do I need??  Waiting forever to get this gun, and want it to run perfect.  Have many other CZs with baseplates, and never had such a problem.

Would also like to have a full size steel guide rod?  Is it CGW or CZC??

Safety wouldn't engage with loaded magazine??
Break down the mag and post pics of what you have. But I do think it's the spring and followed if you don't have a Grams spring already installed. Slow down on modifications, shoot the gun stock for a few hundred rounds. As you can see everything effects the gun. You do one thing and you need something else. Just function check the gun stock and make sure it works the way it's supposed to, add what you need when you discover it and don't predict you're going to need X mod.